Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: 2D Art Preview Thread

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Default Re: 2D Art Preview Thread

Mate your work is great and thefact that. Ca copied from you tells a lot, one suggestion if I may the parchment colour that CA used in their new cardswould pperfectlyfit your cards in my opinion, better than the current gray.

I think the current gray background helps the unit image stand out and contrast from the background, unlike CA's Charlemagne unit cards which seems as if the unit picture blends in with the parchment orange-yellow background. I think Finix's current unit images helps the eyes better in my opinion.

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Mate your work is great and thefact that. Ca copied from you tells a lot, one suggestion if I may the parchment colour that CA used in their new cardswould pperfectlyfit your cards in my opinion, better than the current gray.
    In fact, they are not copied from me, turned out coincidence ... just think alike with their art department ... so that said to me Warman
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yeah I was at the mod summit recently and we saw what you guys saw early and I actually chuckled at them regarding how similar the unit cards were and Jack Lusted told us that they were inspired by real life manuscripts like we were. Although I have seen Lusted stalking our forum a couple of times, Darren denies such direct inspiration. Besides, even if they were, they still look as good as ours, I'm not upset and neither should you. Just saying,

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Yeah I was at the mod summit recently and we saw what you guys saw early and I actually chuckled at them regarding how similar the unit cards were and Jack Lusted told us that they were inspired by real life manuscripts like we were. Although I have seen Lusted stalking our forum a couple of times, Darren denies such direct inspiration. Besides, even if they were, they still look as good as ours, I'm not upset and neither should you. Just saying,
    No, no I'm not upset. I'm happy that CA going in right direction
    In fact, I myself copy of great illustrators like Angus Mcbride and Jose Daniel Cabrera Peńa
    [IMG][/IMG]

You're all plagiarists to my eyes... Every single one of you..

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

I really don't think this is the correct term to put it...
    None of us have taken anything from anyone without approval, claiming it to be our own. If we have taken assets from osp sources, we have given due credit.
    Also, the things we have come up with , be it 3d or 2d, noone has seen in this exact same form before.

Oh that goes in a completely different direction. Let's stop here.

Anyway, from what I saw of the new art Charlemagne age .... I can use whatever I can from building icons for manuscript style
    This will save me a lot of work, but still I'll have to make later upgrades.
    This is a huge leap for camping game for me. By looking at where the vote goes, titular will be the manuscript style.
    But of course there is still a month until the end of voting. We will see
    Last edited by finix; November 30, 2015 at 11:56 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Guys, I was just joking!

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    Guys, I was just joking!
    I was not expecting anything else

Last Hungary update:
    two new units - knights from 14 and 15 century

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

@finix, seeing how they copied your work... I bet you can land any of their 100s new job positions they posted out a month ago: https://twitter.com/cagames There are quite a few of them which has to do with art and design. Have you ever thought of working for the devil? (jk)

Screw that, I want MKTW way more than Warhammer

As always, love the detail on the armor. MRW I see them: http://i.imgur.com/fp5LYSD.gif

​~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; December 03, 2015 at 07:26 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

My opinion is that they have great artists, just look at this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/38702878024209349/ for me it is very beautiful done!
    Unless they hire different people for different projects. I think the problem is that every new project is more unfinished from the previous.
    With all this rush to take the money of their customers and fans, no longer get what you pay for!
    Imagine they finishing every touches that like this wonderful illustration!
    [IMG][/IMG]

im really impressed by these artworks, although the faces sometimes look a bit weird. Who is the talented artist that makes them?

Now I can show you the first part of building chain of province cities. Implemented in a realistic style.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Someone once asked me how I've made the realistic icons.
    They are matte paintings. Gettin ready things and combine them into one picture to recreate the culture and mood of the Middle Ages.
    Sometimes I use paintings by artists from 18-19 century.

I'm not showing you building icons from the manuscript style, because I'm waiting for the release of Age of Charlemagne enjoy
    [IMG][/IMG]

Well guys, Burgundy is finally here!
    From the top to bottom: Tier1 units, Tier2 units, Tier3 units.

UPDATE: I miss one unit from tier 3 + artillery
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by finix; December 16, 2015 at 07:31 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Man , this wait is killing me...looks great

Awesome stuff man, updated the OP accordingly.

Impressive stuff !
    Can't wait this mod to come out .

Excellent work!
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.