Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2: Total War Preset - Ad Finitum

Default Re: Rome 2: Total War Preset - Ad Finitum

Quote Originally Posted by Tyiallyradil View Post
    Still not working :\

What programs/drivers should I try to update?
    I had problems with GEMFX before but everything went away after I updated my Windows so try that, get every critical/important update for windows and then try again.

Slypear's Avatar Libertus

You should always try to check if your graphics drivers are up to date. Try verifying your Rome 2 game cache through Steam as well.

I'm unsure on the technical aspects as to why my preset (or any other presets) won't work for you, so I don't believe I can be of much assistance in advanced aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Slypear View Post
    You should always try to check if your graphics drivers are up to date. Try verifying your Rome 2 game cache through Steam as well.

I'm unsure on the technical aspects as to why my preset (or any other presets) won't work for you, so I don't believe I can be of much assistance in advanced aspects.
    I have tried those things, but still having the problem.

Anyways thanks for the effort

Please, how can I add this presets/GEMfx to my R2 game? I have never had any graphical mod at all, so could you please send step by step instructions to make it work? I dont know how to add such presets, I always read about GEMfx, SweetFX but I dont know, what that means..the screens looks gorgious! thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by philler View Post
    Please, how can I add this presets/GEMfx to my R2 game? I have never had any graphical mod at all, so could you please send step by step instructions to make it work? I dont know how to add such presets, I always read about GEMfx, SweetFX but I dont know, what that means..the screens looks gorgious! thanks in advance!
    Installation instructions can be found through here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...searchtext=GEM

After you've installed base GEM, you can install presets via the following:

1. Download one of my presets on the first page. Ad_Finitum or Ad_Finitum_Et_Mortem

2. Unzip the zipped folder you downloaded from the dropbox link with a program such as 7-zip.

3. Open up the newly unzipped folder

4. Copy the .cfg file in the folder.

5. Browse to your local Rome 2 files.

For me it's at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II

6. Once there, open up the GEMFX folder.

7. Open up the Presets folder.

8. Open up the Current folder.

9. Paste the .cfg folder you copied earlier into the Current folder.

10. Done.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Is it normal that the effects dont work unless you untick the By-Pass UI? Just downloading and using these presets I dont get any in game changes at all, until I untick the By-Pass UI then it looks freaking awesome.
    It works but is it intended to work this way?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Is it normal that the effects dont work unless you untick the By-Pass UI? Just downloading and using these presets I dont get any in game changes at all, until I untick the By-Pass UI then it looks freaking awesome.
    It works but is it intended to work this way?
    I wouldn't know about that. It's always worked for me when I tick Bypass UI.

Is your GEM up to date?

Did you reload the shaders by hitting the Pause key on your keyboard? (this usually works for me.)

Did you toggle the shaders on/off with F11?

When I enable the By-Pass UI and start a custom battle the screen just turns White and everything moves in super slowmotion only that I cant see any of the units or even play the battle. If I untick the by pass it works as it should. Running newest version of GEM.

When I enable the By-Pass UI and start a custom battle the screen just turns White and everything moves in super slowmotion only that I cant see any of the units or even play the battle. If I untick the by pass it works as it should. Running newest version of GEM.
    Try restarting the battle, reloading the shaders, and toggling the shaders with the keyboard shortcuts.

Whenever I get a blank screen, I usually just restart the battle and it works fine.
    Last edited by Slypear; October 24, 2015 at 06:23 AM.

Didnt work. It is like when I tick the By Pass UI, GEM just shuts down. Nothing happens when I press any of the keyboard shortcuts.

Didnt work. It is like when I tick the By Pass UI, GEM just shuts down. Nothing happens when I press any of the keyboard shortcuts.
    That's really strange. I'm running out of solutions here, but have you tried opening up the GEMFXConfigurator.exe in your Rome 2 steam files/local files, and ticked compatability mode?

If that fails, try a complete uninstall of GEMFX. Delete everything related to GEMFX in your Rome 2 folder and do a reinstall.

Zonac's Avatar Miles

@FlashHeart07 I remember this problems with GEM back in the days of 1.06 version of GEM, however in the newer version 1.08-1.09 it was surely fixed. at least for win 7 OS. What specs do you have? (Most of the time it seems like the game is to slow to load all applications and stuff and therfore goes either black, or white (depends on how much stuff it loaded...) normaly reloading the battle or restart the game works. sometimes it seemed to be better to shut down the shader (by pressing f9 or 10 ) before starting the battle and switch it on during the battle.
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

Win 7 and I believe a Radon 6675 graphic card. But I cant remember. Will try and check out the solutions suggested.

Zonac's Avatar Miles

hmm considering your specs there shoeldn't be a problem... However I remember a long time ago (~1 year or so) there was a problem considering gem with ati cards (I have a 7850) .. and therfore I had to change something within the catalyst center.. however i dunno what exactly.. :/ Sorry..
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Hey guys.
    By Pass UI isn't working for either and I'm with an Nvidia based system 78ogtx sli

Excellent preset by the way Slypear plus Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Hey guys.
    By Pass UI isn't working for either and I'm with an Nvidia based system 78ogtx sli

Excellent preset by the way Slypear plus Rep.
    Thank you!

Yeah, this Bypass UI issue is really strange. I'll do some tests and see if I can look into it. Which preset are you running?

What is the purpose of the "By-Pass-UI" ? Im using the Ad_finitum_mortem preset and I have got some awesome looking screenshots (not bragging ofc ) Is it really necessary and what is the difference with and without it?

What is the purpose of the "By-Pass-UI" ? Im using the Ad_finitum_mortem preset and I have got some awesome looking screenshots (not bragging ofc ) Is it really necessary and what is the difference with and without it?
    Bypass UI is the only thing that makes GEMFX presets usable for gameplay and not just screenshots. What it means is that the GEMFX shaders are applied only to the screen and not your HUD/UI, because otherwise the unit cards get coated in bloom, lens flares, and slight blur, according to how extreme the preset is.

Ah. thanks for clearing that up

Ah. thanks for clearing that up
    Not a problem.

As for the bypass UI issue with some people, I really have no idea.

It works fine on my Windows 7 64-bit OS through Steam with both presets on version 1.0.9 of GEM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast