Thread: Improving the mod further

Icon3 Improving the mod further

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post! 10 years ago, I bought the Medieval game and later the Kingdoms expansion. It was so fun but after many game I left it until the last month that I became interested playing it again. Then, I discovered the forum and the 'Broken Cresent' mod, that is improving the game vanilla so great. After playing a scenario or two, I thought about historical accuracy of the mod (that is mostly accurate), and maybe for the next patch it if you want to have a look in my offer:

1. Principality of Antioch:

Antioch is reduced in 1174 and is not what it was 50 years ago, I know, but it's frustrating me to see 'Christian Levant rebels' in the cities of Antioch and Homs. Adding a Catholic faction competing influence with Jerusalem (even of 1 province) will add, I believe, much flavor to the game. Jerusalem and Antioch may start with alliance as the Crusade campaign of vanilla and with expansion of one of them the AI may become rival of the other.

2. Latin Empire

Have Baldwin I of Constantinople as rebel army in Tibet and in 1204 move suddenly to Constantinople while Enrico Dondalo of Venice stays there is not functioning good. The idea is to make a 'crusaders' faction that after the sack of Constantinople will have an event changing the name of the faction to 'Latin Empire' (if it's possible). It will compete influence of the pope (millitary emissaries) with Antioch and Jerusalem.

3. Mongols

They are not strong enough! They should have more flanks joining their cause and terrify the whole region from the all the map corner, because they are dead before the sack of Baghdad.

4. Alania

The kingdom of Alania was Orthodox Christian kingdom that survived until the Mongol Invasion. Ingame is not represented, but can be by taking the customs of the Cuman Kupchaks.
    From here we move to...

5. Kupchaks

Their commander customs are very historic and good, but what about improving them further? They have no religious priests (shamans). They should have something that looks like shamans or even take the Lithuanian pagan priest custom. Building Roster should be renewed, with Shaman council, Tribal buildings that improve cavalry strength, etc.
    Conversion events may add flavor (like Lithuania in Teutonic campaign) with far more options, convert to either Christianity, Islam or even Hindu. May be available to Mongols later), event may arise with more conquest of other provinces of these religions.

6. Oriental Orthodox

A new religion that combines the Ethiopian and Armenian church, available to them from start. It will add more flexibility to religious diverse of the Middle East.

7. Crusades and Jihads and Pope system

Jihad may be called to frequently to prevent the overpowered Jerusalem - to be overpowered. If Jerusalem, Constantinople or Acre are conquered, an event from 'the pope' of Crusade for these areas to be reconquered again giving bonuses for the faction that conquers. In favor of returning the Pope system from vanilla.
    Another feature, Imams of larger mosques may have chance of 10% to become great Imams. It's important for this mod more than others, giving chances of Jihads called more frequently.

Thanks for becoming one of the members of this awesome Forum, continue with your blessed work!!!

Default Re: Improving the mod further

Hello! I strongly advice you to try my submod Jizya, Kafirs and Dhimmies.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mis-v2Released

Trying it now! Looks promising....

It took them 6 years to work up to the new release, it takes time and a lot of effort from people who have lives to lead. Don't tell them to do things to improve their mod, try it for yourself and understand that is far from easy.

What do you actually want to say? That I can't write my suggestions? I know it's a lot of work and incredible minds worked on it, I am not manager of anyone but all the inventions in our world came from theories/ideas, what's the problem with mine? I offered things that I think should be improved, it's my own opinion, else if there is another law in this forum. Don't take my words and tell me that they have much more experience so who am I, because I know it.

Thank you,

I thought they wanted our feedback?

Also, the mongols in my game are rolling over everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Jerusalem View Post
    What do you actually want to say? That I can't write my suggestions? I know it's a lot of work and incredible minds worked on it, I am not manager of anyone but all the inventions in our world came from theories/ideas, what's the problem with mine? I offered things that I think should be improved, it's my own opinion, else if there is another law in this forum. Don't take my words and tell me that they have much more experience so who am I, because I know it.

Thank you,
    i suggest posting your suggestions in the BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS sticky thread, just to make things a bit more tidy and more easily accessible for the developers and forum viewers