Thread: Season Preview 2015/2016 Ligue 1

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Season Preview 2015/2016 Ligue 1

Yeah well.... there isnt much exciting stuff there, but in case anyone is interested here is a preview of the French league. It is pritty certain that PSG will win the league and probably the cup. But I would be really happy to see Olympic Marsaille beat those Qatar sell outs for the title. Other than that I dont have any real interest.

In case anyone here doesnt know, Qatar made major investments into French football in recent years. The Qatari owned TV channel beIN sports bought up the TV broadcasting rights for the second and first divisions of the French leagues, causing big protests by fans from the second division with their reshceduling of the the league. The Qatari government also bought the French club PSG and has made it a project to be turned into a European superclub and to win the Champions League by investing hundreds of millions and buying world class talent. Qatar has also sought out French sports executives like Platini and the boss of the French FA to form aliances. Are trying to enlargen the TV audience of the French league in the world. And French nationals play as mercenaries in the Qatari national team. So in total Qatar has chosen France as the place in which they will try to further their political sports agenda and to make an ally for their political sports agenda after only having limited success in Spain and being rejected by the English, Germans and Italians.

As a result the French league has become a one horse race and the PSG show, and the only thing worth watching is if the Qatari plan works or collapses.

(And I hope it collapses because one horse races are boring, Olympic Marsaille is my favorite club in France and because I hate what the Qataris are doing.)

Default Re: Season Preview 2015/2016 Ligue 1

The Qatari owned TV channel beIN sports bought up the TV broadcasting rights for the second and first divisions of the French leagues
    They just did the same to the Portuguese league. ( Wich btw imo is much more interesting, and competitive then the french league in recent years anyway) Specialy this year where the top 3 are strong candidates.. more so then in other years.

(And I hope it collapses because one horse races are boring, Olympic Marsaille is my favorite club in France and because I hate what the Qataris are doing.)
    I like Monaco, but mostly because of the overall team there, and the coach. Curious to see what the Portuguese players there will do, specialy the youth. ( Ivan Cavaleiro, and the upcoming star Bernardo Silva.)
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 12, 2015 at 06:03 PM.