Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Faction Governments and Colonies

Default Re: [Official] Faction Governments and Colonies

In the graphic it says "number restricted by faction size" for the Basilike Patris. Could you be more specific? Is it, like, one for ten provinces, or is there a fixed cap?

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachos View Post
    In the graphic it says "number restricted by faction size" for the Basilike Patris. Could you be more specific? Is it, like, one for ten provinces, or is there a fixed cap?
    One with 12 or less; two with 13-24, three with 25+.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    One with 12 or less; two with 13-24, three with 25+.
    I see, thank you. Such a shame.

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!

Had a bit of a weird one with Pontic reform. All went smoothly, started building the Dynasty one (can't remember proper name), had some buildings sabotaged so it stopped being constructed. When I repaired the buildings I could only build the Satrapy government now in all my provinces. Have I missed something or is that just bad luck haha!

Love the detail in the reforms and stuff though, really adds another element

Cheers

It's bad luck, unfortunately; buildings with a scripted event_counter in them, if interrupted, aren't "freed up" again. Same thing that prevents you being able to use process_cq to make them happen immediately. You'll have to take more provinces before another one becomes available.

Damn Ptolemies haha, thanks for clearing that up mate

Hello!

I have a question about Roman Governemnt. Can I have the 'Colonia' building tree and the 'Municipia' building tree built at the same time? I suspect the answer is no, so I guess I just need some clarification

Thanks!

Colos

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    Hello!

I have a question about Roman Governemnt. Can I have the 'Colonia' building tree and the 'Municipia' building tree built at the same time? I suspect the answer is no, so I guess I just need some clarification

Thanks!

Colos
    No, you can't build colonies in Roma. That's where the colonists come from in the first place.

You also can't build a new municip anywhere outside of Rome until after the Marian reform (and then only in Italy).

Ah I see... I'm just a few turns away from Marian, so I'm glad to hear that I will be able to build Municipias in all over Italy

Thanks!

Colos

Foederatus

Will the Getai have a colonization system in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by pericol View Post
    Will the Getai have a colonization system in the future?
    No. No one's mentioned anything like that.

The Arevaci and Boii have just gained a system like that.

Can someone help me decipher this system. It seems so simple playing as Baktria, till I look at the graphs in the first post and it throws me off.

How do you build Native Administration, and my one game of Baktria no longer referred to me anymore colonists either. Confusing.

I just want to build up cities to be 100% Hellenistic, so I'm confused with the Poleis and Military-variant.

Any help?
    My Shogun 2 Mod has been defunct for years, its over with. Hex editing is horrible.

Native Administration is for non-Greek places, essentially, and you can't build them in places that already have a Poleis.

You stop getting notifications about colonists after turn 64 - it's so they don't become annoying coming every turn when you know how it works. You're still accruing points, you just don't get the popup any more.

Colonies are the way you get settlements to 100% Hellenistic. Poleis buildings (second and third tiers) are the source of colony points you need to build those Colonies.

Ive played the Epirus now Im dealing with a tough Baktrian campaign as well.

Im not sure I really got this native recruitment vs Hellenistic recruitment vs imported recruitment in regard with the government and colony buildings though.

For Epeiros/Mak/Perg/ Ptolemaioi is the Polis or the Hellenistic colony that offers more Hellenistic units to recruit given the same level ( Minor Polis to Settler Outposts, Hellenistic polis to Settler towns)? Or given the same level they both give you the same type of units but only increasing one eachother unit cap for that settlement?

In what concerns local recruitment what strategy is the right one to get more diverse native recruitment: Higher levels of Native colonies or Higher levels of Government types which exclude these native colonies but offering access to both local recruitment and Hellenistic elite. In provinces that are bordering your homeland province does local recruitment overlaps the Hellenistic recruitment partially? Im now interested in the provinces around Baktria. Are the Baktrioi hippotoxotai and Baktrioi Hippeis Local/ Hellenistic or faction elites?
    Last edited by Kranos; November 10, 2016 at 07:27 AM.

Polis and Colony give different units from the same roster. The polis features the full range, including levies, and thus has far fewer professionals. The colony is professionals only (clearer in 2.2c where the Akontistai at the start have now been removed entirely). The colonies will give you a better range of cavalry than the polis, too.

Native and Hellenistic colonies are mutually exclusive, build one and you can't build the other. Something else to consider is that Native Colonies convert to (foreign) Eastern Imperial culture, which will cause you problems.

As Baktria, you can get their cavalry from three sources: government buildings, polis and Hellenistic colony. They only come from Hellenic governments, though.

fewer proffesionals? meaning fewer unit types or fewer numbers?

can you give me some examples of units that Polis doesn't allow you but The colony does and the other way around!

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    fewer proffesionals? meaning fewer unit types or fewer numbers?

can you give me some examples of units that Polis doesn't allow you but The colony does and the other way around!
    Fewer numbers of professionals, because the poils has a load of levies to accomodate as well. The polis in Baktria gives you Hoplitai Haploi, Akontistai and Toxotai, which the colony doesn't. The colony gives you Machairophoroi, Hemithorakitai/Thureophoroi and Euzonoi that the polis doesn't. Both give Hoplitai (this is in 2.2c - they disappear from the colony after the ThureosReform, same as it no longer gives Akontistai).

so when you are saying fewer number of proffesionals you have in mind only the hoplitai (since the reformed units are exlcuded)?

I suppose this is valid for the other Hellenistic factions as well right?

With Baktria you really need a lot of native units so I suppose they can only come from the government buildings (the Hellenistic one if one would want a more advanced governments) and not even the basic indigenous military outpost are not to be kept to allow the Hellenistic colonies.

so when you are saying fewer number of proffesionals you have in mind only the hoplitai (since the reformed units are exlcuded)?
    Hoplitai and Hemithorakitai, at the start (though the latter are semi-professionals - still better than levies).

I suppose this is valid for the other Hellenistic factions as well right?
    Same building, however the specific units available varies with where you're recruiting them from, for all three sources.

With Baktria you really need a lot of native units so I suppose they can only come from the government buildings (the Hellenistic one if one would want a more advanced governments) and not even the basic indigenous military outpost are not to be kept to allow the Hellenistic colonies.
    If you aren't building Native Colonies, then yes your government buildings will be your only source of natives.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Guys, playing as Rome, correct me if I got anything wrong with governments outside Italy:

From Rome Administration:
    - Civitas Libera: gives me some units, but few, meant mostly for defense and no other particular advantage.
    - Provincia Romana: while it don't gives me no unit at all, it's an economic focus, giving more money.

Allied State:
    - Both Oligarchy and Democracy are focused on giving me regional units, while Oligarchy focus on horses and diplomat, Democracy focus on infantry and navy.

What I don't get:
    Allied States seens to give me more units and more public order than Civitas Libera, so what is the point of Civitas Libera? Just give me 3 free unkeep?
    Also, it seens that some building require some governments and, if I see right, the Rome Administration grants me more buildings, Provincia granting the most, while Allied State will give me fewer? So the advantage of Civitas Libera over Allied State is that while it does give me less unit, it allow me better buildings?

Did I got it right??