Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Faction Governments and Colonies

Default Re: [Official] Faction Governments and Colonies

That post was over 2 years old, anyway. It might have once had it, but I can't remember the version history exactly.

For Romani, your conversion building options early to mid game are:
    - Military colonies in Italy (Lex de credendo etc), but not the Po Valley. I usually build them according to this turn schedule. Sometimes I don't have the pre-reqs ready and they actually start construction a little later than the point's first available turn

Code:
    21	- 	Ariminum 1
    37	- 	Tarentum 1	
    53	- 	Rhegium	1	
    69	- 	Capua 2
    85	- 	Arretium 2	
    101	- 	Ariminum 2	
    117	-	Arpi 2		
    133 -	Tarentum 2	
    149	-	Rhegium 2	
    165	-	Capua 3		
    181	-	Arretium 3	
    197	-	Ariminum 3	
    213	-	Arpi 3		
    229	-	Tarentum 3	
    245	-	Rhegium 3
    - Merchant colonies outside Italy (this actually includes Cisalpine Gaul which would today be considered Italy: Bononia, Bagiennorum, Patavium, Mediolanum):
    Aedes Negotiarum (converts up to 15%)
    Societas Negotiarum (converts up to 30%)
    The top tier one whose name I forget (converts up to 45%)

For Cisalpine Gaul, I can usually manage making them free cities first and getting some native garrisons, while prioritizing the building of the 2nd tier Societas (need market buildings and such for prereqs). Or whichever tier is higher than their current culture level so it's actually helping me as the turns go along. Further away, often I need to actually build allied governments with a proper client ruler: in which case, the trade expansions can help. There are no restrictions on speed of building these, but they do disgruntle the natives a little.

Also, after the Marian reforms you can use your every-four-years colony points to build the roman military colonies in some places, which convert up to 30% and provide some troops. In certain regions you can build a second tier of these (again, need to wait 4 years for a new colony point) which give more troops and convert up to 65%

Hi everyone.

So if I have understood the current version correctly (2.2f) then, for the Romani establishing a Free City in say Syracuse, does not convert the culture to West Med. Polities itself but the merchant building - Aedes Negotiorum - does. However the free City does allow better infrastructure than the Provincia Romana. The Provincia Romana does not convert culture but allows later the recruitment of Evocati with the Marian reforms.

If I am right, (which I doubt) then the Free Cities with trade buildings will make initially the quickest difference to culture conversion outside of Italy.

Ps big thanks to all EB2 modders. Best gaming experience I have had for a long time.

Sorry meant 2.2 R .....

Quote Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
    Hi everyone.

So if I have understood the current version correctly (2.2f) then, for the Romani establishing a Free City in say Syracuse, does not convert the culture to West Med. Polities itself but the merchant building - Aedes Negotiorum - does. However the free City does allow better infrastructure than the Provincia Romana. The Provincia Romana does not convert culture but allows later the recruitment of Evocati with the Marian reforms.

If I am right, (which I doubt) then the Free Cities with trade buildings will make initially the quickest difference to culture conversion outside of Italy.

Ps big thanks to all EB2 modders. Best gaming experience I have had for a long time.
    Correct, none of the Roman governments provide any cultural conversion (not dissimilar to the Hellenistic factions, who also get no conversion from their governments). It's the trade colonies that do the converting.

However, the Free Cities are lower than the Provinciae, the latter gives better infrastructure. Post-Marian they also give direct recruitment of units, and allow the late colonies which give a small pool of Marian legionaries. Evocati come from a different structure entirely, they're an upgrade on the Waystations and Garrisons.

Thanks !

Ok I condensed all the information into a player guide.

Hi. I'm having an absolute blast playing my first serious campaign, as the Suebi, but I've a wonder: when it comes to the recruitment pool, is there any benefit to migrating in three tribes rather than two or just one? Do the available units add up or do the buildings cancel each other out? I've been looking around for more info about the tribal system (which I absolutely adore; I couldn't imagine leaving the old and tidy "gov-1-2-4" behind at first, but this is genius!) but I haven't had much luck so far.
    The Sweboz tribes buildings add up and accumulate bonuses and recruitment

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Hello Mantaprey!
    Just got your Player`s Guide printed on really nice paper
    Do you have any plans to update It shortly with the offices?
    It looks nice in my bookshelf.
    Good job!
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Thanks

I plan to do all the faction Offices/Society and the remaining reforms.
    The reason I did an A4 layout is to print it out as a book like you have done. I plan to make a printable Coptic binding version so you don't get any white edges when you print.

Hello.

I'm playing as the Boii and I'm wondering if what are the advantage/disadvantage between Allied Tribe or Migration?

Most of my settlements have the Allied Tribe government but I'm wondering what's the use of Migration? Are those Boii Colonies worth it over having regional units to recruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Hello.

I'm playing as the Boii and I'm wondering if what are the advantage/disadvantage between Allied Tribe or Migration?

Most of my settlements have the Allied Tribe government but I'm wondering what's the use of Migration? Are those Boii Colonies worth it over having regional units to recruit?
    That's essentially the trade-off - do you want colonies (which have professional-grade units) or a wide range of locals?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    That's essentially the trade-off - do you want colonies (which have professional-grade units) or a wide range of locals?
    The Allied government is basically a short-term investment vs the long term investment of the migration(which also leads to the Confederation Slot. is that right?
    Should I now change most of the Allied Tribe gov settlements into Migration and instantly I'll be able to recruit elite celtic infantry?

Also, does the migration gov have extra recruitment slots or only the confederation gov has more recruitment slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    The Allied government is basically a short-term investment vs the long term investment of the migration(which also leads to the Confederation Slot. is that right?
    Should I now change most of the Allied Tribe gov settlements into Migration and instantly I'll be able to recruit elite celtic infantry?

Also, does the migration gov have extra recruitment slots or only the confederation gov has more recruitment slots?
    No, the Allied State isn't a short-term government, it's an end state. It has better infrastructure options than the Migration, but less military capability (in terms of recruitment) than the Migration.

Those colonies give a mixture of some Celtic elites and local professionals, the latter in bigger numbers than you'd get in the Allied State.

No, the Allied State isn't a short-term government, it's an end state. It has better infrastructure options than the Migration, but less military capability (in terms of recruitment) than the Migration.

Those colonies give a mixture of some Celtic elites and local professionals, the latter in bigger numbers than you'd get in the Allied State.
    Thank you for all the answers!

can somebody tell me how to get colonists as Pontos or is it even possible ? I destroyed the Local military colonies to get the Hellenistic ones but I wonder if this is possible (at least in the guide it say it is) and how when to expect colonists?

Quote Originally Posted by Agathodaimon View Post
    can somebody tell me how to get colonists as Pontos or is it even possible ? I destroyed the Local military colonies to get the Hellenistic ones but I wonder if this is possible (at least in the guide it say it is) and how when to expect colonists?
    You need to control bigger polis buildings, just like the Hellenistic factions. If it's after turn 64, you won't get the notification about them, but you still accrue points.

how do you mean? you mean to take More cities that have hellenistic polis buildings? I only have Sinope and Trapezous. And this means that i can build Hellenistic colonies only in this settlements ? Do I have to change the culture of the other settlements into Hellenistic polities (as shown in the guide prerequisites?). If so is it possible to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Agathodaimon View Post
    how do you mean? you mean to take More cities that have hellenistic polis buildings? I only have Sinope and Trapezous. And this means that i can build Hellenistic colonies only in this settlements ? Do I have to change the culture of the other settlements into Hellenistic polities (as shown in the guide prerequisites?). If so is it possible to do that?
    No, you need to control cities with either a Metropoleis, or three with a Poleis to have colonists. Who you can then send anywhere. That's it, your problem is you don't have enough polis buildings in your holdings.

No, you need to control cities with either a Metropoleis, or three with a Poleis to have colonists. Who you can then send anywhere. That's it, your problem is you don't have enough polis buildings in your holdings.
    Didn't know Pontos could found polis/Greek settlement as opposed to just using pre-existing ones. 2.3 change?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Didn't know Pontos could found polis/Greek settlement as opposed to just using pre-existing ones. 2.3 change?
    They can't. They can use them, and they count for colonisation, but not build them.

As the Pritanoi. Is it possible to build a Petty Kingdom Gov outside of Britain or are you limited to only building Migration, Allied State, Protectorate and Allied Governments?