Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football League 2015/16 (kicks off 8/8/15)

Default Re: Fantasy Football League 2015/16 (kicks off 8/8/15)

My god, I hate Giroud and Wenger!

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

As Gallus spent points on transfers I am still ahead and nominate Callum Wilson.

Strikers from weaker teams are often a gamble as even the best striker can be isolated and deprived of services if the rest of he team isn't good enough. So even if they start out strong there is always a risk that they will fizzle out like Ulloa last year. But I am going to bet on Callum in order to free up resources for the midfield and defense as I haven't found much value in the forward selection (has anyone btw noticed that Aguero is on par with Rooney from a FPL perspective?).

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

International break though - picked a team last year before the games and ended up with 3 injured - I'll wait until they are all back (or not) this time

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    As Gallus spent points on transfers I am still ahead and nominate Callum Wilson.

Strikers from weaker teams are often a gamble as even the best striker can be isolated and deprived of services if the rest of he team isn't good enough. So even if they start out strong there is always a risk that they will fizzle out like Ulloa last year. But I am going to bet on Callum in order to free up resources for the midfield and defense as I haven't found much value in the forward selection (has anyone btw noticed that Aguero is on par with Rooney from a FPL perspective?).
    Surely you don't expect Aguero to keep blanking? Callum is a good shout but I can't see him keeping this up. He'll probably turn out to be good value for 5.5 but don't expect him to score every second game. That said, I might bring him in to release funds for Sanchez.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Surely you don't expect Aguero to keep blanking? Callum is a good shout but I can't see him keeping this up. He'll probably turn out to be good value for 5.5 but don't expect him to score every second game. That said, I might bring him in to release funds for Sanchez.
    From a Fantasy Premier League perspective they are both underperforming. But I haven't seen them play and I am very curious about if Agüero have just been unlucky with his scoring as he get far less gloom and doom than Rooney does.
    Last edited by Adar; September 04, 2015 at 01:38 AM.

From a Fantasy Premier League perspective they are both underperforming. But I haven't seen them play and I am very curious about if Agüero have just been unlucky with his scoring as he get far less gloom and doom than Rooney does.
    He was 1 on 1 with the keeper about 5 times in weeks 2 and 3 and somehow failed to score. He was poor vs Watford though.

So Wenger decides to put Giroud on the bench yet again!! luckily he scored though he needs 5 clear chances to do so. Also, Aguero is out injured which may resolve your dilemma of picking Callum or not, Adar. Oh, that means i now have 3 injured players in my team: aguero, sterling and metesacker. Btw, anyone know why David Silva didn't start?

Silva has a knock on his ankle, he should be fine next week. What a disaster this week has been, 0 goals and 0 assists so far!

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Payet -lovely and my skipper as well
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Civitate

I am completely at a loss on what to do right now. All the big hitters are failing and I think that the excellent scoring of most of the cheaper players will decline rapidly.

So this week I won't buy any player in order to be able to maintain a freedom of action for next week.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Well that was an all round satisfying week - and I forgot to change Silva as my captain and put him on the bench! I have Giroud and Kane up front neither of whom are stting the league alight. Consistent goal scorers will probably be the players most in demand as soon as some can be found.

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    Payet -lovely and my skipper as well
    Blast you. I have him but I had Aguero as my captain.

I've already used my wild card, which is the earliest I have ever used it.

I'm Perth United BTW. I thought I already put this up, but obviously not.
    Last edited by classical_hero; September 16, 2015 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    Well that was an all round satisfying week
    No it wasn't.

I am completely at a loss on what to do right now. All the big hitters are failing and I think that the excellent scoring of most of the cheaper players will decline rapidly.

So this week I won't buy any player in order to be able to maintain a freedom of action for next week.
    Same here, my team looks briliant on paper but players who usually do well simply don't deliver despite playing well. I mean how can Sanchez have 0 goals but he's hit the post 3 or 4 times? I'd gladly replace underperforming players but right now there's no one to replace them with.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Absolute nightmare last week . Going to gamble with a Mahrez as captain this week. I figure if Aguero isn't quite there and lots of people captain him, I might get lucky...or it will be another disaster week, we'll see!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Possibly the poorest gameweek to date and saved only by having Mahrez as captain. I think i'll use the wildcard next week.

65 points, thanks Pelle, Sakho and Payet
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Mahrez is unreal, 5 double digits scores in 5 games he was fit to play. I'd include him in the tips but surely everyone has him by now.

My turn for the tip:
    Mata: He has 2 goals and 2 assists and somehow no one has him. That needs to change.
    Payet: Absolute class. One of the best players in the league without question. Get him in if you don't have him.

gameweek. Put my faith in Liverpool to win and Coutinho to do stuff. Bah!
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Mahrez is unreal, 5 double digits scores in 5 games he was fit to play. I'd include him in the tips but surely everyone has him by now.

My turn for the tip:
    Mata: He has 2 goals and 2 assists and somehow no one has him. That needs to change.
    Payet: Absolute class. One of the best players in the league without question. Get him in if you don't have him.
    no keep Payet out of all your teams...........

I would not put Payet in now. West Ham has been very good this season when they've been able to counter good teams. They have lost twice at home against Bournemouth and Leicester. They have defeated Newcastle, who has been very weak. Next week they play Norwich at home. Norwich has got WLD away thus far, but Alex Neil has only got one away defeat in his time as Norwich manager. They are also a structured and sturdy team. They are no walk-over for West Ham.

I would feel more comfortable using Payet if Barcelona was on the other side of the pitch
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast