Thread: RSII windowed mode question

Default RSII windowed mode question

Hi, new here and have been loving the mod (amazing compared to Rome 2). I have RS 2.6 installed (no steam) and have been wanting to run it in windowed mode. I searched the forums and put the "-en" in the console box found in the launcher and saved, however the game continues to load in fullscreen and stays in fullscreen. I have tried "-window" in the target of the launcher shortcut, and have tried running in admin mode but to no avail. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me here, thank you.

OS - Windows 10.

Default Re: RSII windowed mode question

Quote Originally Posted by Dessembrae View Post
    Hi, new here and have been loving the mod (amazing compared to Rome 2). I have RS 2.6 installed (no steam) and have been wanting to run it in windowed mode. I searched the forums and put the "-en" in the console box found in the launcher and saved, however the game continues to load in fullscreen and stays in fullscreen. I have tried "-window" in the target of the launcher shortcut, and have tried running in admin mode but to no avail. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me here, thank you.

OS - Windows 10.
    Oops mistake in writing, meant to be "-ne" instead of "-en".

Quote Originally Posted by Dessembrae View Post
    Oops mistake in writing, meant to be "-ne" instead of "-en".
    There has been a lot of issues with the non steam versions of the game working correctly in Windows 10.
    here is a thread I made about these types of issues.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ible-Solutions
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

I use windows 7 and have the same problem, -ne does not work, windowed mode does not work, also -nm does not work, why ?

I also tried to alter the RS2_BI batch, but did not work either..

I really would like to know how the run RS2 2.6 in windowed mode..

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Well here's a thought about this....are you sure it is NOT working? I ask this because I downloaded and installed Fourth Age DoM the other day and loaded it up. Beautiful work there, BTW. But the mod info said it was running in windowed mode. I guess I'm just wondering if it was running in 'full screen' windowed mode and one couldn't tell the difference? I couldn't.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Well here's a thought about this....are you sure it is NOT working? I ask this because I downloaded and installed Fourth Age DoM the other day and loaded it up. Beautiful work there, BTW. But the mod info said it was running in windowed mode. I guess I'm just wondering if it was running in 'full screen' windowed mode and one couldn't tell the difference? I couldn't.
    If you're interested, I had FATW problem on win8.1. Here's how it runs: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...4&d=1460223509 . Fixed by removing "-ne" from Target line
    Last edited by Zydrius; April 10, 2016 at 04:55 AM.

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius