Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Windows 10 Issues with Rome Total War and Roma Surrectum - Possible Solutions

tiepilot98's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Windows 10 Issues with Rome Total War and Roma Surrectum - Possible Solutions

They fixed a bug with RTW in "Anniversary Update" of Windows 10. Now you can play RTW absolutely normal (after a year of waiting)...

Default Re: Windows 10 Issues with Rome Total War and Roma Surrectum - Possible Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    As for the first part of your issues, make sure that you have anti-aliasing turned off in preferences.txt, and also make sure that your screen resolution for both battles and campaigns is the SAME as your default Windows screen resolution. This goes for Win10 users as well. As for Steam...yes, you have the same problem I have not been able to get around. I am still trying to figure it out, but no luck yet.
    What is this default setting? How do I know? I have a 26 inch monitor. Is it 800x600? (that's the lowest I can apparently set it) or 1920x1080 (which is the actual resolution I use).
    Last edited by gaius valerius; March 29, 2017 at 03:03 PM.
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

Just go to where you change your resolution in Windows, there it shows the default resolution. Most times, Windows gives a warning when the screen resolution you choose isn't the default.

Not easy for me to tell what my issue is.

I have Steam, Alexander and Windows 10.

I have pasted the content of my Steam Alexander to a new folder on my desktop, then I installed RS 2.5. I have edited the preferences files so that the battle and campaign resolution matches my desktop resolution, and my launcher works fine.

Note: For some reaso I can't open the preferences.txt file is I try to do it from the launcher.

I have Steam set to NO and I pick a campaign and launch, and I get the drum roll like the game is starting but nothing launches or happens after.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Actually, with RSIII and the latest patch everything loads up, battle and campaign, but both have serious lag.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sidra View Post
    Not easy for me to tell what my issue is.........Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks
    Try opening the icon on your desktop, open "properties" look at the target line, if it says WONDERS come out, delete icon, go into your game folder/launcher/Roma Surrectum II > scroll down to SEND/ click on "send short cut to desktop" then go back to desktop and start game. Also in the launcher interface do NOT touch the tab that says "click to change vegetation quality" and make sure you choose ALX exe to play.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Actually, with RSIII and the latest patch everything loads up, battle and campaign, but both have serious lag.
    Try going into your game directory/data/_IMPORTANT_STUFF/RS26_geography_database and open then copy & paste into your directory/data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Try going into your game directory/data/_IMPORTANT_STUFF/RS26_geography_database and open then copy & paste into your directory/data folder.
    Not sure if that did anything, but I turned shadows off on the campaign map and that helped a lot.

This machine I have has 16gb of ram, an i7 processor 2.80ghz, and a GTX Geforce 960m.

Still not sure whether it's just the game or what. With certain settings you can still make it lag. Is that really how it's supposed to be? Running with huge units isn't exactly a problem, but putting shadows on can tax the system I think.

Thanks again

Not sure if that did anything, but I turned shadows off on the campaign map and that helped a lot.

This machine I have has 16gb of ram, an i7 processor 2.80ghz, and a GTX Geforce 960m.

Still not sure whether it's just the game or what. With certain settings you can still make it lag. Is that really how it's supposed to be? Running with huge units isn't exactly a problem, but putting shadows on can tax the system I think.

Thanks again
    Your processor speed could also be slightly to blame, recommended is 3.0GHz, is it possible to overclock? my pc speed is 3.5GHz I can o/c up to 4.2GHz safely, it works your pc harder and it can get quite hot so you have to be careful. RAM is not the problem, 16 gigs is plenty, I only have 8, RTW does not need anywhere near that. Your graphics card doesn't matter either as RTW only uses the onboard(MB) graphics anyway. I turn off Campaign shadows, glints & reflections, I have grass, Vegetation, terrain and unit detail all on medium and I use large units these all help to lessen the load on your pc.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 22, 2017 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Your processor speed could also be slightly to blame, recommended is 3.0GHz, is it possible to overclock? my pc speed is 3.5GHz I can o/c up to 4.2GHz safely, it works your pc harder and it can get quite hot so you have to be careful. RAM is not the problem, 16 gigs is plenty, I only have 8, RTW does not need anywhere near that. Your graphics card doesn't matter either as RTW only uses the onboard(MB) graphics anyway. I turn off Campaign shadows, glints & reflections, I have grass, Vegetation, terrain and unit detail all on medium and I use large units these all help to lessen the load on your pc.
    Battles don't seem to be much of a problem, even with huge, though. My problem is that I think my campaign map was less laggy and more stable on my old pc.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567