Thread: Is there any way to set the battle difficulty between normal and hard?

Default Is there any way to set the battle difficulty between normal and hard?

Normal battle difficulty is way too easy, but hard battle difficulty where my faction leader dies when he charges into a group of peasants is absurdly difficult. I suppose what I really want is for the AI to use better tactics, for my units to rout a bit easier, and for their units not to rout as easily -- I don't want the damage changed where general's bodyguards / generals poke a peasant and die. I'm not using against mods if there's one that solves this problem.

I'm playing on Very Hard campaign difficulty as well, and the rebel spawns are just aggravating. From what I've read there's no way to fix that, but if there were a way to get a more aggressive/intelligent AI without changing the difficulty and consequently increasing the rebel spawns that would be awesome.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Is there any way to set the battle difficulty between normal and hard?

descr_strat rebel spawn setting, put it at 999.

descr_character_traits, could create a player only hit points addition to your general (if I remember RTW correctly) or make sure your general unit is foot based (which means that your general won't get charge damage like he did before).

If you can't create a player only one, just make it a general effect with a 100% chance that generals have say... 5-10 hitpoints. (or more if you so desire but there may be a cap...)
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)