Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submods] Collection of Official Submods

Default Re: [Official Submods] Collection of Official Submods

Someone made one, not sure if its fully working or not but its here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1-15-DEI1-1c1)

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I Can't get it to work at all, It's Pointless, It Needs to Go onto Steam Otherwise it just Goes to my Download Folder and I Can't Do anything.

Figured out the Problem, My Anti-Virus Thought it was bad.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by eaenidu View Post
    Also can you Upload the Submod (If you make it) to Steam? My PC Doesn't like a lot of mods off here.
    Though I cannot speak on Dresdens behalf but making pikes stronger without making them OP is not neccessarily an easy task especially if you consider the fact that KAM has spent countless of hours just trying to balance them out. There are a couple of submods around which should increase their kill rates if that is what you want.
    PS: If you find pikes useless you are using them in the wrong way.

I Had Them in a City, Five Men Thick in a Street with Pikes Down, Armenian Leves Walked through them Without a Care, I Managed To Get The Submod So that They Work as Pikes Should and Keep the enemy back now, but before They Didn't Do Anything, I'm not Asking For OP Pikes But My Pontic Bronze Shield Pikemen with Triple Gold, Gold Weapon and Silver Shield Should be able to hold off Basic Leve Spearmen at Pike's Length Away for the most Part at Least, Not Get Forced into Sword Use.

Sorry but that is you not understanding how the game engine works. Its a matter of opinions and I still back up KAM with his decision on how to balance pikes.

How Do you Think Pikes are Suppose to Work, They Can't Stop Light Infantry let alone Heavy Calvary Which is What they Were made To Do, They Were Made to Keep Light/Med Infantry Away From the User and To Be Planted and Kill Calvary, No Matter What Some Random Yahoos With Spears and No Armor Should be Able To Swarm Through Without Getting hit once.

Again. You dont seem to understand how the game works. I have no problems getting my pikes to kill. But KAM is alot better to explain all of this than I am. Im not the battle expert

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

They only pass through pikes because when they don't, it is completly broken. There is not mod that made pikes right so far. Hopefully I will come up with final remedy next week.

Even now regular pikes, if not surrounded, will give a good run for Principes and other heavy Roman infantry.

If you want to get the idea how much CA messed up with pikes, then watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Q-ESO3xgA
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I'm not Trying to Sound all B****y or anything, But Pikes are suppose to keep enemies back and Away, When they Can't do that and just Drop their Pikes for Swords there's no Reason to even have them in the game, heck I Don't need or want them to Kill, They Should Exist to Hold, The Foot Companions And Pontic Bronze Shields should Be a Strong as Hack Anvil.

Again. You clearly dont understand how the game engine works

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Does the 4TPY Build/Research/Cost submod also make the reforms to be in a more realistic timezone? For example, instead of happening in ca 200 BC, will the Marian reforms happen in ca 100 BC?

Maybe I Don't But I Understand History, Which I'll Admit is Different Than The Game, But, If Pikes Don't use Pikes you Shouldn't have them, They end up being Less Cost Effective Swordsmen then, not Pikes, They Can't Stop Calvary Their most basic Job there is no Reason to have them at all, period, They aren't Worth Their Weight in P*ss and e Let Alone What they cost in Game For being Slightly Worse Swordsmen, They Serve no in-game purpose as They are Now, plain and Simple, I Understand it may be Hard, I Understand I Don't know how the Game mechanics work, But, I Know The Pikes are Over-Priced and Underpowered in this Mod as is, There is literally no reason to ever get them in any army as is, Not as Spearmen, Swordsmen, Filler, Calvary Protection, Anvil, Hammer, Not as Anything, Something Else you Can get will always Do a Better job.

There are about 10 different threads in which you can discuss pikes, this is not one of them. Please take the discussion to one of those This thread is for official submods. I already have enough work keeping them updated and working, I won't be doing any new ones.

@ZombiesZleeping none of these mods change reform times. The base DeI game is 4TPY as it is. If you wanted to change the reform to historical dates it would be an insane number of turns to get there. However, its an easy change you can do yourself and its explained how to do so in the Reforms manual.

Ok ive been testing some changes with pikes so i know why kam did what he did and know how hard it is.

the problem with pikes is that its near to impossible make them how they were historically because the BAI its stupid as . historically pikes were used in 2 ways as fixing, during alexander,and offensive, wich was when romans beated them. so now comes the balance issue that kam rants on his video if you make them as a fixing force they wont kill anything with armor (fast enough for BAI) so basicly you can tag them with half of your infantry and flank them while having almost no losses. For you , if you play with pikes,its gonna be fine since you will fix infantry and attack them with cav and light/heave infantry so your pike kills wont matter .

then comes the offensive aproach , wich kam did for the sake of challenging BAI, this aproach can only be done like he did, where pike reach is lowered and their damage raised so bai pikes actually do something and aint AFK.
    i tried some tweaks like raising pike reach (wich is what you complained) and the results were terrible, me playing rome vs macedon , i couldnt win the cav fight, even when outnumbering them, in time to flank the pikes before they completly butcher my legionaires in middle.

Im only talking about heavy armor because in my opinion light troops should be slained by pikes so i dont really care about it

in his last video he said that he had a new idea wich revolved around tweaking everything, and to be honest that might be the only way , maybe Hp /armor/morale reduced or weaker shields, dont know , lets all hope he can get the secret formula for it

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Well, it won't be a big secret thing once I will test it The overal idea was ment for 1.2 release anway, but hopefully a possitive side effect will be working fix for pikes I just don't want to tell what it is so people won't have their hope high.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Tiro

Thanks for all these amazing submods. I imagine it must be some work keeping them up to date, but you sure cover the bases for people wanting to tweak.

It really is. Dresden watches us like a hawk making sure that we keep all the submods updated. I havent slept for weeks and he doesnt feed us at all. The majority of the team members have begun to eat the part of the keyboard not needed to mod. And since Im left handed, I have in order to survive had to eat my right hand.
    But its all good I dont complain.

GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE!

Rusty2016's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE!
    If only i had seen this earlier...oh noooo