Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW - ROMAN LEGIONS - 2.0

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio VIIII Hispana

Thank you everyone. We look forward to release. Still a ways off but want to keep things fresh and interesting along the way

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio VIIII Hispana

First of all: nice work

Secondly, and sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, why is it Legio VIIII, and not Legio IX?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    First of all: nice work

Secondly, and sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, why is it Legio VIIII, and not Legio IX?
    Hi Mathieu - Here is a small excerpt I have at the top of the preview.

LEGIO IX or LEGIO VIIII?

Both. In fact, fifteen different versions of the Ninth Legion’s tile stamp are known — whenever Roman military units manufactured tiles, they tended to stamp them. Those found in the vicinity of York (Eburacum) were stamped LEG IX HISP, but those found in the vicinity of Carlisle (where there was a major tilery) were stamped LEG VIIII or LEG VIIII H. Sources for use of both variations of roman numerals have been used. However VIIII was more common.

also - Originally Posted by Cpt. CortesOkay, thanks for the info! Cool units mates

Both have been used, and some say VIIII is more common. I put a little excerpt at the top of the historical info relating to this. However, I'll expand a little. Most of the time the Romans used IIII opposed to IV for 4. This was because of the god Jupiter. IV are the first two letters of Jupiter or IVPITER. Therefore, sometimes you see IIII in a lot of their writing, whether it be 9 or other numbers containing that numeral.

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

Unless the AE team plan to do some name changing, Hispana should start as VIIII in the marian era, then change into IX in the Augustan

Hi,

these are the legions that will be incorporated into Attila right?

thanks,

TotalKnight

Yes sir. Minor texture changes may be incorporated later, but these are it
    Last edited by UMCenturion; August 21, 2015 at 04:36 PM.

Sweet holy Jesus! Come ooooonnn mod!!! If I could mod this game I would not sleep for you guys !

NOW YOU'VE GONE AND DONE IT!!! I'll have to buy another game to utilize the horribly beautiful mod you've created. It just isn't fair. Beautiful guys.

zimm out

Hmm, which legion do we want featured next?

Legio IIII Flavia Felix

ROMA VICTOR!!!

EDIT:
    Dammit why doesent youtube links work
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygsa6iO8X9o
    Last edited by Spadde; August 22, 2015 at 04:05 PM.

Flavia Felix also includes IIII Macedonica, its predecessor, so that's basically 2 previews in one!

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    Flavia Felix also includes IIII Macedonica, its predecessor, so that's basically 2 previews in one!
    You can do it, I believe in you

Preview preview preview!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    Preview preview preview!!!!
    It's not next week yet!

Spadde I did all but 2 of these legions already, and UMCenturion is the thread manager. Encourage him!

Sorry guys, been working on one already..... Will be a surprise. It will be hard to get 2 previews in one with 48 hours to do it

What i meant was that flavia felix is the imperial evolution of macedonica :p

is it going to be equestris?

You know what time it is!!!!

Be patient Knight, these previews take more time than you'd think - either way in answer to the time, previews are usually done on Mondays - Tuesdays at the latest

Looks around .....