Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW - ROMAN LEGIONS - 2.0

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio VIIII Hispana

Quote Originally Posted by Spadde View Post
    So THATS why some clocks have IIII instead of IV , cool
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    Legio XIIII Gemina is a more well known example of this practise, I've always known it as XIIII and not XIV - doesn't look right to me
    very true.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio VIIII Hispana

Question: the centurion with the helmet crest sideways is the historical way right? Or did it change over time or only some legions had it?? Please use these centurions

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    Question: the centurion with the helmet crest sideways is the historical way right? Or did it change over time or only some legions had it?? Please use these centurions
    This is certainly one style. There are many variations of officer units for the romans as well as other factions. As for historically, officer units were very ornate, centurion or higher, and there have been multiple styles throughout history, varying between legion, terrains, and cohorts.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    in terms of who has which helmet, the centurion of the first cohort, being of way significantly higher rank within the legion than most - up there with the legate i believe, has a unique design where it goes across the helmet rather than in the direction you are looking, if that makes sense.

Other centurions however all have a load of differing helmets with varying plumes on. even the helmets themselves differ sometimes, though most prominant changes of helmets occurs between each era of the legions

The Germanica video itself only has 2 of the many varying centurion designs featured in it!
    Last edited by ipwnu678; August 19, 2015 at 01:57 AM.

SickRabbit's Avatar Civis

Are Praetorians still finished? I'd like to see them

Nice patterns!
    I've read there has been a debate about the lorica segmentata and the area where it was of more common use. As far as I know it was invented in the est of the empire and its main purpose was to deflect the arrows of the powerful parthian composite bows, which penetrated every kind of protection within 10 meters. The rigid cylindrical structure of the segmentata, in fact, forces the arrow to slide on the surface of the cuirass, retorting the strength of the hit against the long arrow arm, giving it a huge momentum impulse that breaks it, saving the soldier's life (it's like trying to shot a column).
    Another advantage of this kind of armor was the maintenance, because it was completely demountable and then easy to fix.
    I hope this might help you

Is there a chance that this will be implemented in DeI too?

Already there, look for Caesar's Legions Standalone

Superbe boulot avec des legions a

Merci beaucoup!

superb work with legions 400 ,240 unité is very nice .I unit starts a campaign on to see.
    U

As against a question.
    To your right is 1 unit 400 by legions ??
    These limit or a single unit for all legions thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by juancfp View Post
    As against a question.
    To your right is 1 unit 400 by legions ??
    These limit or a single unit for all legions thank you.
    Eagle unit's are 400 in DeI, I'm not sure about Ancient Empire's sizes. The units that are 400 are limited to only one, the others are limited to 9.

Historically there were only 10 units in a legion, the "First Cohort" or "Eagle Cohort" being one of them

Ha thin pity that have the right qua a single unit of 400 throughout the severe campagne.Nogrievous
    thank you for your quick response.Sorry for english i m french.

Ha thin I believe confuse these units are not for old empire, just for the DEI? Because it is not just in battle campaign customize? How to ??? Thank campaign.

In Rome 2 it's for DeI and Radious, so the Radious version won't have 400 men in the First Cohort unit, only 240. For them to be in the campaigns, you must start a new campaign and research Remuneration Reforms.

ok thank you very much for your response .a last question.
    which of these mod I must put to ancient empires thank you.
    (19/08)Caesars.Legions.Shield.Retexture.Project. Standalone (DeI)
    (19/08)Caesars.Legions.Shield.Retexture.Project. (Vanilla)
    Caesars Legions Part I DeI version TWC DOWNLOAD ONLY!

They aren't out for Ancient Empires yet, only Rome 2. You'll see them here soon though.

In terms of getting the mod for Rome 2, the version with the shield designs I've made are only on Steam. If you use DeI, use the one called "DeI standalone", if you don't use DeI or Radious get "Vanilla".

Ha j damage atend the ancients empire version with impatience alors.Je puts me on a new campaign with DEI thank you for your quick answer is for your patience. Good game.

Thank you for the responses. These legions will look sick in Attilla AE!!