Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: NEW - ROMAN LEGIONS - 2.0

Doomon18's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio XX Valeria Victrix

Wow fantastic work, love their looks and the screens also the history backgrounds you put too, Very very cool.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio XX Valeria Victrix

Quote Originally Posted by Doomon18 View Post
    Wow fantastic work, love their looks and the screens also the history backgrounds you put too, Very very cool.
    Thanks Doomon, it's kind of an unofficial countdown to mod release . Never can make a set date. There is still so much to do, but something I hope the community enjoys.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    Enjoy!

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio XXII Deiotariana

Love all your work bro!
    Now, X please......

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio XXII Deiotariana

I agree, I think next week will be the time to unleash the beast that is X Equestris/Gemina

Happy to see someone who think the same of me.
    X is a legend.
    Hope you can show us that legionary at this point.

One question now:
    I always have to play mods where XVII, XVIII and XVIIII doesn't exist because of Teutoburg but it is sure that they where recruited/reformed by Augustus (they are legion of Caesar?) and they exist before the defeat of Varus. Why we can not have the opportunity to give them a vengeance?
    I know that there are very little info about these three legion but you can work on base their area of recruitment (Cisalpina), and find a likely sign and shield design.

#savevaruslegions
    Last edited by Emasparrow; September 15, 2015 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emasparrow View Post
    X is a legend.

One question now:
    I always have to play mods where XVII, XVIII and XVIIII doesn't exist because of Teutoburg but it is sure that they where recruited/reformed by Augustus (they are legion of Caesar?) and they exist before the defeat of Varus. Why we can not have the opportunity to give them a vengeance?
    I know that there are very little info about these three legion but you can work on base their area of recruitment (Cisalpina), and find a likely sign and shield design.

#savevaruslegions
    Oh you certainly will. We are not diverting effort to make these unique legions any less special. You will have your chance for redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Emasparrow View Post
    X is a legend.

One question now:

#savevaruslegions
    They even come complete with estimated names (except for the 19th, though it was likely called Germanica)

Anyway, here are XXII Deitariana's sources - note that the shield used by the centurion is different from the standard Augustan and Imperial designs.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is the centurion's shield used, detailed exactly even down to the shading on the wings - a similar operation that I will perform on every other shield with wings/laurel wreaths

thanks ipwnu. Also, less is known about this legion, but notice that the armour used for this legion hamata scale. This legion was primarily, if not, exclusively in the east, hense the use of lighter armour.

Unofficial Poll (no need to spam with a new thread). This will be ongoing, and I'll track responses. Just wanted to get some feedback.

In creating the units cards for the legions, what does the community prefer?

Standard Unit Card - no numeral

Unit Card with numeral
    Original - Updated -
    Last edited by UMCenturion; September 17, 2015 at 08:09 AM.

I dont like the numeral, but if we dont have it, how will I know what numbered legion it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    I dont like the numeral, but if we dont have it, how will I know what numbered legion it is?
    Just like any other unit, hovering over and selection of it will display the name via text and tooltip. However, this was a design set in some mods in Rome 1 that some may have interest in.

I personally like the idea, but perhaps smaller and in a similar position as the First Cohort unit cards' eagle, so that those who dislike it don't have it all over the unit card

IIRC, for the Legions of Rome submod for DeI, they had smaller text in red on the top center/right, which might work better.

I prefer the numeral.

zimm out

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Just like any other unit, hovering over and selection of it will display the name via text and tooltip. However, this was a design set in some mods in Rome 1 that some may have interest in.
    I was thinking that samething, but when scrolling through 28 legions, its can make it a pain. So lets go with it, but like zombie said, try and fit it in smaller

What does IIRC mean anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    What does IIRC mean anyway?
    If I remember correctly.

Sounds good everyone, Ill come up with another concept tonight/early morning for some and publish a few options.