Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW - ROMAN LEGIONS - 2.0

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio XII & Legio XIII

Yeah sure I'll be happy to. Those were taken for the nabatea preview so I can always do some for each legion. jujunket give me some background info on them.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio XII & Legio XIII

ah no worries then, but yeah thatll be awesome

I love these units! Will there still be standard legionary units you can recruit with these being sort of special units or will the roman army be broken up into different AORs?

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by percydanvers View Post
    I love these units! Will there still be standard legionary units you can recruit with these being sort of special units or will the roman army be broken up into different AORs?
    As of now, no - However, we still have more to the roster for Romans to release that I think everyone will be satisfied with. Currently, we only have an early Romans previews and this legion preview. Lots more units to bring forth in the future.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

If you guys are looking for more assets to use for the late Romans, Zaskar had made some new models. He has made some good looking helmet models and other stuff for his imperial heavy cohort mod, screenshots he has is old, but here's a screenshot I took. I haven't seen any one mention the stuff he made on here or anyone using his stuff their mods, so I thought I bring it up, maybe he'll give permission. Here's the mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=309119426

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I've seen these, honestly i feel that they are a little too ornate for regular legionaries, perhaps a branch of the praetorians, but not a legionary cohort. I'll leave the decision up to UMCenturion though

Quote Originally Posted by Glado View Post
    If you guys are looking for more assets to use for the late Romans, Zaskar had made some new models. He has made some good looking helmet models and other stuff for his imperial heavy cohort mod, screenshots he has is old, but here's a screenshot I took. I haven't seen any one mention the stuff he made on here or anyone using his stuff their mods, so I thought I bring it up, maybe he'll give permission. Here's the mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=309119426
    Love the new helmets. They could be used somewhere certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Love the new helmets. They could be used somewhere certainly.
    I like the helmets, though the centurions helmet and their shields are very ornate - not to mention they say that they are the 13th

I can definitely see that centurions helmet used with late elite troops

Nm
    Last edited by UMCenturion; August 15, 2015 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    I like the helmets, though the centurions helmet and their shields are very ornate - not to mention they say that they are the 13th

I can definitely see that centurions helmet used with late elite troops
    We will certainly apply models appropriately

Preview preview!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    Preview preview!!!
    Haha - Coming tonight after the day job is over. I have most of it ready

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio VIIII Hispana

sources for XII, XIII and IX/VIIII

Legio XII Fulminata

Legio XIII Gemina

Legio IX/VIIII

The group that does Hispana is actually partnered with a group for Legio VI Victrix, the legion that replaced Hispana after it disappeared. Both of these were based in Eboracum (York), an hour from me. Sooo I suppose I could say I'm in Hispana-Victrix country

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio VIIII Hispana

Cool. I'm on the opposite side of the country over in Lancashire . You should go visit Isca our Chester the group's there are really good.

The lost legion, finally, thanks!!

One question, which one is correct IX or VIIII? I always see both number.

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

IX is usually accepted

Okay, thanks for the info! Cool units mates

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Cortes View Post
    Okay, thanks for the info! Cool units mates
    Both have been used, and some say VIIII is more common. I put a little excerpt at the top of the historical info relating to this. However, I'll expand a little. Most of the time the Romans used IIII opposed to IV for 4. This was because of the god Jupiter. IV are the first two letters of Jupiter or IVPITER. Therefore, sometimes you see IIII in a lot of their writing, whether it be 9 or other numbers containing that numeral.

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Both have been used, and some say VIIII is more common. I put a little excerpt at the top of the historical info relating to this. However, I'll expand a little. Most of the time the Romans used IIII opposed to IV for 4. This was because of the god Jupiter. IV are the first two letters of Jupiter or IVPITER. Therefore, sometimes you see IIII in a lot of their writing, whether it be 9 or other numbers containing that numeral.
    So THATS why some clocks have IIII instead of IV , cool

Legio XIIII Gemina is a more well known example of this practise, I've always known it as XIIII and not XIV - doesn't look right to me