Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: NEW - ROMAN LEGIONS - 2.0

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio XXII Deiotariana

New unit card with numeral. Also updated in original post.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio XXII Deiotariana

I like it, im guessing the eagle would slot into the little space under there if it were the first cohort?

Thats right. Ill have to experiment with it a bit as well, because in different UI screens, the unit cards change size and proportions. I.E. Campaign screen v Battle screen.

Personally I'd have the number on the left and the eagle on the right

I like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    Personally I'd have the number on the left and the eagle on the right
    I'll try that out and post when finished.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio X

Hmm, that marian shield is for a different legion (no spoiling it here though).

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Ancient Empires Presents: - Legion of the Week Unit Preview - Legio X

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    However, the Tenth' stay in Hispania was to be very brief. In 70, the new emperor Vespasian sent his relative Quintus Petillius Cerialis to the Rhineland to suppress the rebellious Batavians. Immediately after their arrival in the province of Germania Inferior, the soldiers of the Tenth Legion had to defend themselves against enemy attacks at Arenacum (Kleve), where they had their winter quarters. They were successful.
    Yes he did indeed! xD Go Petellius (or Petillius, it varies)
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    Hmm, that marian shield is for a different legion (no spoiling it here though).
    Ill double check, maybe something is loading incorrectly and will change. Thanks man!

also i changed the Augustan and Imperial shields in terms of the name plate, so load that in too

no problem. Updated now.

Legio X Equestris.

I'm crying.
    Thank you bro.

I see you are using the armors from DeI. DeI is having a serious issue of having low resolution armor on Roman armor. How are those armors in your mod in actual gameplay?
    From what I can see in the screenshots. I fear they are also in low res too . Do you mind taking a screenshot of a zoomed in view (using N)?

The latest screen shot for Legio X is using that key. so others are as well. Yes, we are aware it may be an issue. A lot of our textures are from DEI for all/most units, and Attila by itself hits the cpu and graphics card hard. So it's a double edged sword. We can continue to use DEI textures, and get this mod out, or revert to lower quality textures, and custom make all units (would take years). DEI has been gracious enough to allow us to use these. I am sure once the mod is out in full, our team will optimize as much as possible within our limits.

These are a few screenshots I took from DeI http://imgur.com/GG8ih0Z http://imgur.com/a/liqdX. As you can see the screenshot of Legion XXII is using the same mail armor and it's looking pretty bad on DeI. Same for other armors. Just hate to see a good mod get spoiled by low res texture

Well, the textures here shouldn't be different? I do believe Attila in general is just higher res. This isn't an area I'm particularly knowledgeable, but we aren't really using anything different. Haven't adjusted it.

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Well i think this is the same mail i used for the Numidians in Roman style. It looks much better in Attila.

AE Dev, mainly units

Those guys look nice woah

Quote Originally Posted by diego007 View Post
    These are a few screenshots I took from DeI http://imgur.com/GG8ih0Z http://imgur.com/a/liqdX. As you can see the screenshot of Legion XXII is using the same mail armor and it's looking pretty bad on DeI. Same for other armors. Just hate to see a good mod get spoiled by low res texture
    As ABH said the textures should not be different, but may result in a better display within Attila. Also, I am not sure what settings you are looking at, but lowering the settings one notch within graphics options for textures, it downgrades big time. I feel like I have seen a crisper looking hamata before. I may be wrong though. I will say this though - the legions in Attila look great. I try to use max res and settings when taking these pics. I dont think many would be disappointed.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; September 25, 2015 at 08:25 AM.

You sound optimistic. I hope you're right. The lighting alone in attila is enough to make a difference from R2. But FYI my graphics are max at extreme on all settings. So that's why I'm a bit worried. As you can see the mail in my pictures doesn't look like mail at all and I'm just afraid the same thing will happen to Attila . Hope not