Thread: Which overhaul mod is considered to be the most historically accurate?

Laetus

Icon5 Which overhaul mod is considered to be the most historically accurate?

I've been playing TW since the original Rome and most games always seemed to have one mod that was considered to be the definitive historical accuracy overhaul (for Rome 1, this was probably RTR).
    Rome 2, however, seems to have several very ambitious mods striving for authenticity / historical accuracy. Is any of these overhauls considered to be the best / most authentic historical representation?
    I've mostly played Vae Victis and am very impressed with the geopolitical accuracy, but the campaign difficulty seems to rely too much on high building costs.
    Other promising overhauls like Lines of Battle, Divide et Impera, Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum, Authentic Ancient World and of course RTR 2 seem to have their own strengths as well.

Is any of these overhauls considered to be the definitive historical accuracy / authenticity mod?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Which overhaul mod is considered to be the most historically accurate?

A proper comparison can't be properly done until all the historically accurate mods are finally finished.

R2TR is still in pretty early development

CAC has reached v1.0

DeI is at 1.1

Vae Victis v.611

LoB is either on hold or not being worked on anymore

AAW never amounted to much... though members from it are working on AE for Attila

Of those active and listed above the following have the goal of historical accuracy VV, CAC, R2TR

DeI is historically inspired and authentic but not necessarily historically accurate

Default Re: Which overhaul mod is considered to be the most historically accurate?

Agree with Magnar. Also it's worth to mention that DeI plays much with the "What if" units.

I also recomend Toon's overhaul if you want to experience vanila game but with plenty of units and mods added. Official site here:
    ttp://toontotalwar.wix.com/rome-2-all-in-one
    Last edited by Tenerife_Boy; August 04, 2015 at 12:45 PM.

We shouldn't forget the mod Haegemonia from a competent french team. This mod also aim for historical accuracy.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ardionso View Post
    We shouldn't forget the mod Haegemonia from a competent french team. This mod also aim for historical accuracy.
    By far one of the best mods ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    DeI is historically inspired and authentic but not necessarily historically accurate
    This is very convoluted .

I feel like "historical accurate" term is at best over used by moders. Its like an a/ss, everyone has they own. Its more like "my opinion on history", many times without proper research.

Hi!

Looking for the answer to the same now, almost a year later.
    The only mod from Steam "Most Subscribed" list I recognise is Divide et Impera.

Which mod is now considered historically accurate (I'm mostly interested in strategic and other non-battle interactions), while also being relatively stable and playable?

Would also like to know this please