Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER - Battle of Black Fire Pass Walkthrough released!

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER - Battle of Black Fire Pass Walkthrough released!

Quote Originally Posted by Vardeus View Post
    This is to be expected, siege of carthage had no officers either.
    And musicans never was put into Rome 2 at the end.
    Not mentioned that Roman army is unhistorical.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER - Battle of Black Fire Pass Walkthrough released!

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    And musicans never was put into Rome 2 at the end.
    Not mentioned that Roman army is unhistorical.
    Yeah would have loved to see a full command, there are still some old legacy files in the game.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Did anyone else notice that Karl Franz had an accent going that sounded way different than from what he sounded like in the trailer or was it just me.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Klaus here (aka the coolest, meanest, most badass german who ever lived) disagrees. Both on the french and the proper part. Although I'll grant he is some goddamned fine cook.
    The artwork you posted looks gorgeous, the hat is spot on. The hats in the video look nothing like that, though.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Karl Franz had an accent going that sounded way different than from what he sounded like in the trailer or was it just me.
    The writing was also horrendous. As an outsider to Warhammer I learned nothing about Karl Franz, his motivations, his personality, nor did I feel a sentimentality towards him at all. It sounds like they just got someone in a sound booth and wrote down some half-arsed filler of a script just to say they got something done. It was really generic, cringe-worthy stuff and it telegraphed to me that the people responsible for the writing and character development don't really care about getting across personality and lore to their audience.
    Last edited by Evan MF; July 30, 2015 at 01:02 PM.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

so, everyone btiches about cavalry not bowling over ppl like bowling pins....i hope they keep it just the way it is. wouldnt it be ironic if a fantasy TW would be the first in the series to get a cavalry charge right?

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    The writing was also horrendous. As an outsider to Warhammer I learned nothing about Karl Franz, his motivations, his personality, nor did I feel a sentimentality towards him at all. It sounds like they just got someone in a sound booth and wrote down some half-arsed filler of a script just to say they got something done. It was really generic, cringe-worthy stuff and it telegraphed to me that the people responsible for the writing and character development don't really care about getting across personality and lore to their audience.
    I'm sure you will find all that information and more while playing the campaign, the whole point of the video was to show off units and how they effect the battlefield it had nothing to do with the lore. Wait for the campaign to find more about that stuff, this battle is a quest line that is featured in the campaign so you will have plenty of time to know who he is etc..although i agree the voice acting isn't that interesting.
    Last edited by korsakoff; July 30, 2015 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Hmmm but what about brets pegasus knights?
    Bretonnian pegasus knights were not part of the empire last time I checked buddy.

All of this is meaningless anyway, we need dark elves and we need them NAOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalakh View Post
    Bretonnian pegasus knights were not part of the empire last time I checked buddy.

Freakin' yisss
    I guess they will be in the second game, like ulthuan and the new world, featuring high and dark elves, lizardmen and... skavens? Don't know, but yeah, as an ex-druchii player I'm looking forward to go amd enslave everyone [emoji5]

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    I was just asking if anyone else noticed if he sounded different here than he did in the trailer, not how is character is developed or written, that didn't even cross my mind.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Dalakh View Post

Yeah of cause, and WE MOST HAVE The famed Druchii!!! in this game!!!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kar Ganth Sheth

Those words will the enemy of Druchii soon learn!!!
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; July 30, 2015 at 03:09 PM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

The things I like are from that video are;
    Charge clash animation on contact (except the jumping animation, that need to be toned down)
    Demigryph and Arachnarock, that giant spider looks really intimidating.
    Priest of Sigmar and Witch Hunter epically running in front of regiment, they need to add in pious charging scream from these agents. Would it be too much ask to have Witch Hunter firing a shot while charging?
    Trolls regiment looks good, seems very effective shock troop.
    Orcs screaming waagh albeit sounds bit stiffled.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

It's pretty crap but it's alpha, so I'm still going to get hyped about it.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Bland and soulless , what I expected from the Warscape.

And CA present us with a mod of RTW2 with all its banalities

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Bland and soulless.

Soulless.

You can tell this from a ten minute, narrated pre-alpha, scripted battle preview?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    Bland and soulless , what I expected from the Warscape.
    Care to explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    And CA present us with a mod of RTW2 with all its banalities
    I doubt mods could turn Rome 2 into Warhammer...

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

I think CA should comment the video.
    Something like: Empire troops are 30% ready first. Color shemes are place holder. Models are 20% ready. So if you See just 2 different types in a group, be sure 8 are not in yet. Movements, animations are gar away to be ready. And so on....

I saw first fight from Rome2 again. Was disappointing, but people wrote it is just early version.Sadly have to say the finshed game still same finally.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

- Looks fun to watch, but i am not sure it is interesting to play... (-)
    - A lot of cool fantasy units (+)
    - Very fantasy tones and colors make the graphic look lower quality (more a Blizzard design touch than a gritty sharp style like TW Attila for example) (-)
    - Strong rock paper scissor effect kills the impression of strategy, very basic tactical maneuvers at best (look at trolls vs artillery or trolls versus pikemen) (-)
    - Very gamey (shaman obliterates cavalry unit, then artillery with one single spell...) like King Arthur II (-)
    - Rather bland atmosphere (all imperial units are red, little variations, looks like a Reskin of Rome 2 or Shogun 2) (-)
    - Not very epic scale - where the game could do bettet than the TT game (-)

It reminds me of King Arthur II actually, in the good and bad parts.
    Except KA II was a very poor sequel to King Arthur, because the battles sucked in terms of gameplay.

Not super enthusiastic quite frankly...

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by LordInvictus View Post
    Care to explain?I doubt mods could turn Rome 2 into Warhammer...
    Perhaps I am being unfair but I would have expected much more grandeur especially from the Empire, while its nice to see the different creatures and their animations it is typical of Warscape to somehow manage to make the battle look almost ordinary.

Apparently the music in the video is a placeholder from Viking: Battle for Asgard.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast