Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER - Battle of Black Fire Pass Walkthrough released!

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER - Battle of Black Fire Pass Walkthrough released!

I'm displeased. The reiksguard charge should've swept the whole orc line aside!

Black orcs look amazingly good. No swooping attacks apparently, you have to land. Spell casters don't seem to have a huge range. Cavalry impact is lackluster at this point. Orc infantry's weapons are so-so...not a single proppa choppa in sight.

Looks good to me.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER - Battle of Black Fire Pass Walkthrough released!

and so it began.......... goodbye subforum

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

I demand the cinematic speeches to be implemented in Rome2/Attila this instant!!!

I really liked what I'm seeing so far, battles are viciously epic, unit spacings and collisions are well improved. I just hate how they pan the camera whenever a unit charges through another (I need to see those collision charges!), And cavalry charges are still a bit clunky though.

But damn, battles are epic!

This isn't historically accurate. Why don't they wear sandles!?

I'm so hyped though...

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    This isn't historically accurate. Why don't they wear sandles!?

I'm so hyped though...
    pls come home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    pls come home.
    You must carry on without me anon.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    maybe in a few years

Random things I noticed.

The Orc shaman has a huuuge choppa. Oversized, dare I say.
    I think its the same one as the Bosses riding the Wyverns.
    Maybe we'll be able to equip our ( non legendary ) characters with different weapons and actually get a visual representation for it on the battlefield. Just spitballng here.

Outriders use the same two heads as the Empire Greatswords.
    I hope they are just the place holders.
    Though they got nice coats hanging 'round their shoulders.

Pistoliers use different models, you can see them at 5:28.
    They got their own helmets. And really nice looking, white gloves with gold stitching :3

We got two different ( light ) horse models.
    Half of them have their tail tied to a knot or something.

Demigryph hindlegs still clipping through their harness/armour :T

Savage Orc Boar Boyz have their own warpainted boar skins.
    Counting two different boars so far; difference in warpaint and tusks.
    And two different Save Orcs. I dont like the hair knot on the regular Orc boyz, but here they look good.

Empire Handgunners use sword and shield animations in melee, and put their rifles on their back. Thats how they did it in Shogun aswell, right?

Four different shields for Swordsmen.

Black Orcs carry two handed choppaz.

The State Troops at the very right of the Empire's line carry spears instead of halberds.

Two different weapon models for trools.
    And two different "outfits", though the trolls themselves look identical to me.

Sigmar Priest carrying a book I think under his left arm.

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

Thank goodness they have confirmed that asymmetrical game play is going to be a big effect on the campaign map, not that i'm surprised but i hope they can pull it off. Also a big plus for the orcs not having silly colour coding like people thought they were going to have and i hope that doesn't really happen either. Those black orcs looks sick as hell though, this type of game play demo is a lot better than the stuff we got shown in Rome 2. If CA can keep up the solid work they will have probably one of the best fantasy warhammer games to date right next to and above the Dawn of War series. Combat looks better but can't give a full judgement on it, apart from the fps drops (uhh lol) it looks great.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

As I stated many times before in other threads.
    We need more details! We need more variations!
    We need ribbons, we need skulls, we need officers, we need musicians, we need flamboyant knights and tall and fancy banners carried by fancy officers, we need more colourful units!

This is definetely the kind of thing that needs to be improved in this pre alpha as they state!

Im not a big fan of the jumping animation when charging. It is the kind of thing that gets old soon!
    We need a bigger roster! Lots of needed fine tuning as I see right now!

I would definetely like to see the rally animation for the general reintroduced!

I would definetely like to see visible upgrades possible again so we could have a unit of spearman with basic armour, than another one with badass plate chests and greaves!
    Last edited by paradamed; July 30, 2015 at 09:35 AM.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

By Sigmar that was magnificent.

I don't even know what to be most excited about. The agents actually showing up in battle, as heroes? I have wanted that since Rome 1.

It's very much a work in progress, that much is obvious, but as long as it continues shaping up, this will be incredible.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Looks ok to me. If they can improve on that we might end up with a good game. I would not call that impressive though.

They obviously still have a lot of work to do. Animations are looking great in the other hand (although some of the orc units still don't convince me). I hope the cavalry vs cavalry thing does not end up just in words. The spells are quite unimpresive, which comes to confirm (to me at least) that Angry Joe is really easy to hype.

By the way, I'm starting to think that there wont be air unit regiments in this game, but just single units (dragons, heros, gyrocopters, etc).
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; July 30, 2015 at 09:38 AM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    I don't even know what to be most excited about. The agents actually showing up in battle, as heroes? I have wanted that since Rome 1.
    I must have glossed over that. Wanted that for ages. Ideal if they could be attached to a unit in the deployment; boost their power or morale etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Looks ok to me. If they can improve on that we might end up with a good game. I would not call that impressive though.

They obviously still have a lot of work to do. Animations are looking great in the other hand (although some of the orc units still don't convince me). I hope the cavalry vs cavalry thing does not end up just in words.

The spells are quite unimpresive, which comes to confirm (to me at least) that Angry Joe is really easy to hype.
    Yeah, it's not bad I guess but this is the *best* it's going to possibly look (barring they actually improve on pre-alpha, which I've never seen CA do to be honest) at release, and probably worse for mostly everyone. Basically we're going to see improvements to this after release if we're lucky, I doubt cavalry charges will look much better than that until people really really complain about it or something. Remember, Rome 2 blobbing was only even partially fixed @ Emperor edition.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    I must have glossed over that. Wanted that for ages. Ideal if they could be attached to a unit in the deployment; boost their power or morale etc.
    CA confirmed in the thread for the battle on the Total War Forums that heroes act as individual units on the battlefield and are not able to attach to a unit.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    CA confirmed in the thread for the battle on the Total War Forums that heroes act as individual units on the battlefield and are not able to attach to a unit.
    They must be pretty beefy then. I'd hate to send him to die every battle and have to retrain a new one.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    until people really really complain about it or something.
    If Total War improved based on how much people complain it would be the best freaking game series ever

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

I saw many tabletop fights. All Players tanken about command Team in their regiment. Seems CA do not care about it. Other things are interesting, but the WOW effect as at angry Joe is missing. I do not see anything fukng awesome.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by bangell99 View Post
    I think the commentator summed it up when he said he wanted the battles to be a great 'spectacle'. It's about spectacle rather than tactics.

And if you're going to make a game based on sheer spectacle, then at least make it look good. Units still have no weight or impact. Charging orcs jumping vertically straight up looks terrible. And it's all very well having these huge units with cool animations but it looks laughable when the entire unit they're attacking is standing round watching, waiting for their turn to have the scripted animation trigger and die.
    Meh. More unit variety inevitably means more tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    All Players tanken about command Team in their regiment. Seems CA do not care about it.
    Champions and standard bearers weren't in the RomeII carthage gameplay reveal trailer either.
    Too soon to write them off; not to late to be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    I saw many tabletop fights. All Players tanken about command Team in their regiment. Seems CA do not care about it. Other things are interesting, but the WOW effect as at angry Joe is missing. I do not see anything fukng awesome.
    This is to be expected, siege of carthage had no officers either.

I think there's going to be air multi-model units. You can't expect a single pegasus or gyrocopter to be relevant/worth an army slot...unless they are more powerful than in the TT.

I dislike the french cook hat for the imperial elites. Can't be that hard to use some proper imperial hats here and there...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast