Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soul's Workshop

Default Re: Soul's Workshop

^ A man has very quickly made a rough signature for another man. + An X-Mas/Halloween avatar for the hell of it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

++ Also made myself a new channel banner recently. Not the hardest piece of work (just took awhile) but it's a significant upgrade from my old banner.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I really like the avatars, especially the Halloween one (must be the spider effect ).

Regarding the banner in the spoiler, I'm wondering why you put the 2 main characters (the 2 horsemen on the Wall) and the wolf on the background and not on the 1st plan
    As they are much bigger than the rest of the pic, by putting them on the back, the perspective appears somehow wrong. From my personal view, they should be on the front even if that means having to use effects to include them in the right manner with the rest of the pic (like partial transparency for instance).
    That's just my 2 cents. The decision remains yours of course
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

The banner was more about fitting something as cool as possible into a small box on the right side. As shown below, the entire left section is covered by my Avatar + Channel Title.

There is then the Mobile factor too since Mobile viewers only see a small section of the banner. It's a limited workspace, and ultimately I am content. I always end up editing these things tho.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

^ The space I have to work with for Mobile. You don't have to optimize but I like to have it look nice on all formats.

^ Another quick rewards sig, that wraps Newbloods up for now. Happy Holidays.

^ Finished up all the support signatures for the upcoming Hotseat championship final thingy. Just need to finish up the banner that's been requested... got until the 5th... should easily be done by then.

Indefinitely Banned

These ones you just made look really cool Soul. Keep it up!

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm somewhat content, with a little sharpening here and maybe a different font there. Loading bar from Oblivion brings back memories. Overall this is the kind of thing I could spend all night tweaking...

Blog Entries

Very good stuff. I like both as the difference is very small. However, if I have to choose one, my favorite is the 2nd one.
    May be by adding a light shadow on the map, just beside the edge would improve it a bit
    That's just my 2 cents.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Indefinitely Banned

The most recent ones you posted are better. My only suggestion about this most recent one is perhaps add something else to the lower left hand side. You got the Total War icon and character on the lower right, perhaps add something cool to the lower left?

That's everything for the Tag Tournament. I may be called on to do the award signature, but for now I'm done.

Indefinitely Banned

Wow, awesome work man. Keep it up. I presume this is time consuming for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoise Groudon View Post
    I presume this is time consuming for you?
    Meh, an hour (or more) here and there depending on how invested I am in the work. I often listen to music and then the time flies by etc.

Blog Entries

Great job!!! I like it

Indefinitely Banned

Like what Lifth said, keep it up! Do you take requests?

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoise Groudon View Post
    Do you take requests?
    I've been known to do the odd thing at request, suppose it depends on what the request is and if I have time to burn. I'll often either have plenty of time or none what so ever lol.

While I'm here, here's something for you guys to take a look see...

A very early draft of one possible version of the HS finals signature. Very early.
    (Just screwing around with possible designs. Is subject to complete overhauls)

The end product will likely be completely different but overall I'll have 3 different versions each with different themes for Elder Scrolls / Lord of the Rings / Game of Thrones. The above is me playing with burning/tearing up the signature for a sort of worn feel, needs some work yet, shadows of a tad off on this example too. Thankfully the finals wont be finished for months so I have beyond plenty of time to get 3 good versions made etc.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Not bad, not bad at all.
    I'll give you a rep point but if you overhaul, I want it back.

Blog Entries

I looks promising. I look forward for its final version.
    My only remark: why keep the transparency on the viking sides? Wouldn't be better to full it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    why keep the transparency on the viking sides? Wouldn't be better to full it?
    I very hastily slapped that in there so I could justify saving it as my 'ElderScrolls' template, is far from done and will most likely indeed be filled in assuming I even use that (I likely will, it fills the role nicely) for the ESO theme in the final version(s). When I said very early I meant veeerrrrryyy early. I naturally posted this early draft version purely to steal Rep from foo- kind and generous individuals....

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    I'll give you a rep point but if you overhaul, I want it back.
    Rep? What Rep? I'm quite certain I have no idea to what your referring.

Blog Entries

I understand that. My purpose was just to be sure you won't forget it

Indefinitely Banned

I like how you add in your images to. Keep it up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast