Thread: A NEW IDEA FOR AN ATTILA TOTAL WAR MOD

Default A NEW IDEA FOR AN ATTILA TOTAL WAR MOD

Im a massive total war fan, but im not particularly knowledgable about computer programming and I just wanted to put an idea out there. The game mechanic in total war attila is perfect for a game set in the middle ages. Specifically i think a great setting would be Anglo-saxon Britain around the years 800-900AD. This was a turbulent era when Britain was shaken by the wars of rival kingdoms, viking invasion and tribal migration so it woud also be a challenging campain. If there is someone out there willing to take on the challeng of making this mod it would be amazing

Default Re: A NEW IDEA FOR AN ATTILA TOTAL WAR MOD

Im a massive total war fan, but im not particularly knowledgable about computer programming and I just wanted to put an idea out there. The game mechanic in total war attila is perfect for a game set in the middle ages. Specifically i think a great setting would be Anglo-saxon Britain around the years 800-900AD. This was a turbulent era when Britain was shaken by the wars of rival kingdoms, viking invasion and tribal migration so it woud also be a challenging campain. If there is someone out there willing to take on the challeng of making this mod it would be amazing

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Total War: Ragnar Lodbrok...
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

We have totaly great map for such war times...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

We can't mod the campaign map so u less they bring out a map of British Isles it won't work

I am down but expand on that. Lets just do Charlemagne TW... You get your Saxon kingdoms (Mercia, Wessex, ect...) but also you get the forming of the Holy Roman Empire. You also get Arabs taking out the Persians and spreading all the way to Spain...

However, I would love to see this mod, in the mean time check out the Clovis based Mod in 490 AD. It is so far my favorite mod and I am having fun battling my way through the gothic kingdoms and starting the Kingdom of France from scratch... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=488486091

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Can't see OT. Yeah, Origo Europae is great. The problem for Britain is we don't have a map for the isles and Armorica/west Francia. I suspect given the down time from TLR, that might change soonish.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

At the start of the game I wrote a rather detailed plan on a mod like this wich I intend to develop when/if a map of Britain is released in a dlc. Here is the link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ign&highlight=

I have already planned much about the campaign based o detailed information on anglo Saxon and Irish Echonomy. I have many campaign ideas ready, the faction list ready, unit lists mostly ready but to be expanded, and I have gotten a few offers of help.
    I have already got experience in startpos editing, db editing and unit creation, someone else will do UI and Battles, the settlements need none or little change, nor the music. So this is very doable imo, we need few new models.
    Last edited by Linke; August 12, 2015 at 05:22 AM.

Possibly a dumb question but has there been a british isles campaign for any of the Total Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by surg3on View Post
    Possibly a dumb question but has there been a british isles campaign for any of the Total Wars?
    Yes. Kingdoms: Britannia. King Dawyd, William Wallace, King Edward, era
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Meh, Britain. There are far better locations.

If we could mod the locations, only then having something related to that island would be interesting. Right now I think at best there can be a Carolingian Empire/Umayyad Caliphate era mod. Or more likely, a Justinian/Maurician/Heraclian era grand campaign.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

vin2579's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by johnmck View Post
    We can't mod the campaign map so u less they bring out a map of British Isles it won't work
    Why can't we change the campaign map?

I am still waiting for the Rome 2 time period in Attila mod...
    I guess converting existing Rome 2 unit models and art work for the various factions to Attila TW is more complicated than I though *le sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I am still waiting for the Rome 2 time period in Attila mod...
    I guess converting existing Rome 2 unit models and art work for the various factions to Attila TW is more complicated than I though *le sigh*
    Ancient Empires has made a lot of progress. Check out their Carthage preview

I tried looking for it but I did find other faction previews, it is nice though they are going a bit over kill in my opinion, a simple conversion would have been enough.

Anyway on the same note, are there any mods for the Last Roman Campaign? I might buy it but I heard it is lackluster in units a maybe a proper unit pack mod will keep me interested long for this mod. Especially for mercenaries. I tried googling it and searching steam but did not find much.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...anded+Factions This is the best The Last Roman mod- it makes the Roman Empire, Berbers, Burgundians, and Suebi playable. I wasn't able to find any unit expansions solely for TLR, only reskins, however there's a lot of new Ostrogoth and Roman units in it. The Vandals get a good amount of new ones also. The only faction that doesn't get much additional units is the Visigoths. They have the old Attila roster. There are other pluses like having your generals start on horseback. I have a review up in the Eagle Standard. Also there's a good youtube video with most of the newly introduced units in it.