Thread: Is this better then ...?

Default Is this better then ...?

If it is im going to download it because it 300 mb and it would take a long time to download it. IS IT WORTH IT?

Default Re: Is this better then ...?

Look at the features list and decide then if you like them or not. A mod is not better than another it has only a different scope dependent on personal tastes

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

This mod is probably the best mod for RTW to date. It makes the game what it should have been off the shelf.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

I have played RTR, XGM, SPQR and TE mods and so far have found BBW to be the best mod out there. Congrats to Repman and all those who helped make this mod possible!!

Currently, I have switched to Webbird's Provincial Campaign. I was enjoying Barebones Unified map but the land bridges, though great for the AI, created problems for me keeping large garrisons in what normally became secure, isolated areas such as Sicily. I have never been in favor of the Mundus Magnus map because I find the distances too small from city to city; I prefer more space to allow for more strategic movement.

The cost of fielding armies is a great idea and realistic. I reduced the costs to 500 and 1000 per turn, however, because the drain on cash severly cramped my style of having at least two stacks work in tandem with one another when invading an enemy; one stack (usually not full) to probe and take out smaller enemy stacks (like an advance guard column) and another, usually full of heavy infantry and missile units with a general to lay sieges, take on full enemy armies and suffer the heaviest blows in combat.

For those who like to play with walls and lay sieges, however, you may wish to mod BBW in order to make walls less costly. I also prefer Darth formations than Sinuets and reinstalled those from version 7.0. Combat with Sinuets seemed like all the troops were on stimulants or something and overall did not feel like "real" melee.

The screenshots during loading scenes are great, btw, and are one of the small touches that just add to the depth of this mod. The realistic skies during combat are also a great touch. Unit varieties for each faction are quite varied and allow players to make choices rather than going with the same old composition of stacks that I found so boring in SPQR (no offense to LT though, he has a great mod but I always wanted more unit variety). Units, though not all realistic, are colorful, making battles a visual treat. The 4tpy scripting is also great and is a hallmark of adding a great deal of depth to this mod. So, if you like ultimate realism then this mod may not be for you. But if you enjoy a variety of units for your faction outfitted in great armor models and a challenging campaign with a great deal of flavor and depth, then this mod is for you!

Libertus

Well i've been playing it for about three days now at the toughest levels and its a total sleeper! I am not impressed at all. Vanilla was harder. Even in cus bat with Darths so called revolutionary tactics...it's just very dissapointing.