Thread: Ptolemaioi and Reforms

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Ptolemaioi and Reforms

Hello all. I'm playing as Ptolemaioi. I was trying to play a balanced campaign in terms of unit progression (weaker to stronger), but I ended up getting the thorakitai reforms along with the strongest units at the same time!... Shouldn't the thorakitai reforms happen sooner? Until turn 200 I didn't have them. If I remember correctly, they occurred when I reached IMPERIUM level IV. Shouldn't they be sooner?
    What am I missing here? Thanks.

Default Re: Ptolemaioi and Reforms

According to the DeI Scriptorium, and the reform script page in the .pack file, iirc, the reforms for Greek and successor kingdoms are:
    Thureos - imperium level 3 and turn 50
    Thorax - imperium level 5 and turn 120

In regards to getting both reforms simultaneously, I can not say unless you somehow achieved imperium levels 3 to 5 within the same turn (perhaps a large host of satrapies) while above turn 120. I've only done a partial playthrough as the Ptolemaic Kingdom so perhaps there are other factors unique to this successor faction.

I am aware of the turns needed, but it didn't happen... I don't have many alliances. I'm half way through military victory. Aaaaanyways...

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

But what about Imperium level? You wrote that you had level 4 and you need level 5.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

My buddy had a weird issue with thorax reforms as well.

He was only imperium 4 by the time thorax reforms can happen for the player, and still under 5 when it should have happened for the AI.

Thing is, the AI never got thorax reforms, and the reforms didn't happen until he hit imperium 5 around turn 180.

Even if you expand too slowly and don't reach the proper imperium by turn 160, the ai should get it. Something seems odd right now if the player reaches a reform first, then the ai won't get the subsequent reform.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    But what about Imperium level? You wrote that you had level 4 and you need level 5.
    At IMPERIUM level III, the thorax reforms didn't occur. I reached IMPERIUM level IV, and then they took effect. But by that time, the level IV barracks units appeared (basilikoi thorakitai, royal phalangitai), so I never got to enjoy units like Ptolemaic Legionaries...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    My buddy had a weird issue with thorax reforms as well.

He was only imperium 4 by the time thorax reforms can happen for the player, and still under 5 when it should have happened for the AI.

Thing is, the AI never got thorax reforms, and the reforms didn't happen until he hit imperium 5 around turn 180.

Even if you expand too slowly and don't reach the proper imperium by turn 160, the ai should get it. Something seems odd right now if the player reaches a reform first, then the ai won't get the subsequent reform.
    Yes, the AI got reforms faster than me. In general.

THere is a bug with reforms currently I think, it will be fixed in the next update for patch 17. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    At IMPERIUM level III, the thorax reforms didn't occur. I reached IMPERIUM level IV, and then they took effect. But by that time, the level IV barracks units appeared (basilikoi thorakitai, royal phalangitai), so I never got to enjoy units like Ptolemaic Legionaries...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Yes, the AI got reforms faster than me. In general.
    That's odd, throax reforms shouldn't happen until Imperium V.

Imperium III is when Thureos reforms happen, not Thorax. So I'm not sure why you'd bring III up in connection with Thorax reforms.

The AI will reach their turn time to reforms faster only if you are not steadily expanding. As a faction like Egypt, you could easily be at imperium V within less than 50 turns. Certainly before 80.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Just a clarification the AI can not reach global reforms before the player, if they have the same reforms. So the Greek global reform can only happen if the player reached it. This is necessary to prevent problems with unit upgrades.

Ah. I was not aware of that.

That would explain the situation my friend had.

As I only play Rome, I never have to worry about sharing reforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    THere is a bug with reforms currently I think, it will be fixed in the next update for patch 17. Hopefully that fixes the issue.
    Aaaahhh! Too bad. Though, I have played with Sparta (earlier DEI version), but I don't remember having such an issue. Anyway, DEI has such an amount of things, bugs are almost a must

I am currently in a Ptolemaioi campaign. Do the hellenistic factions get the imitation legionaries after Rome hits the Marian reforms, or as soon as they reach the thorax reforms themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by vpapako View Post
    I am currently in a Ptolemaioi campaign. Do the hellenistic factions get the imitation legionaries after Rome hits the Marian reforms, or as soon as they reach the thorax reforms themselves?
    Thorax reforms.

Those reforms are a big help for this poor excuse of a game... It's something to look forward to. A MUST addition!