View Poll Results: Let's Play with out without Webcam?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes use the webcam!

3 42.86%
  • NO! BAD PERSON NO WEBCAM!

4 57.14%

Thread: Divide and Conquer Let's Play Faction Vote!

Default Divide and Conquer Let's Play Faction Vote!

POLL IS CLOSED

Men of Dale POLL WINNER: 12 Votes
    Men of Gondor: 11 Votes

Shadow of Mirkwood: Evil Faction Lets Play

Shadow of Mirkwood Part 1 (Once it finishes processing)

]

Voting is still open between Gondor and Dale but while they duke it out I have started my Shadow of Mirkwood campaign! Give it a looksee if your interested

The only time I will use cheats is in the cause of working around bugs such as the Medieval 2 150 population = No growth. If I do need to use this cheat to re-enable growth I will also use this cheat to remove population form a major city

If you don't like my style thats completely fine but I do ask you to leave a vote in the poll so I can gauge interest for the factions. You can vote for multiple factions but only once (I hope) so vote for any faction you would like to see someone play. I would also appreciate any constructive feedback and tips you guys care to offer. Anyways I think I've rambled via text long enough, check out da videos and vote in da poll and hopefully you guys will be interested in the upcoming series

Last edited by bishopbutters; July 30, 2015 at 07:57 PM.

The above image links to the Youtube playlist of this series!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Let's Play Faction Vote!

Just thought I would mention, as it is something I do and makes it feel less like cheating. Any time I add_population X to a small village or important border town I also add_population -X to one of my heartland cities. This way I consider it peasant relocation as opposed to cheating. That being said, I will add small pops to my list of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Just thought I would mention, as it is something I do and makes it feel less like cheating. Any time I add_population X to a small village or important border town I also add_population -X to one of my heartland cities. This way I consider it peasant relocation as opposed to cheating. That being said, I will add small pops to my list of things to do.
    Didn't think of that, I'll definitely do that. It's almost like recruiting peasants in Rome and disbanding them in another city in Rome total war

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    What I used to do, was recruit (the less expensive militia type) troops, deduct that from the population of the contributing settlement, march them to the receiving settlement, then disband and add_population. That does not work so well with the Elves, however, due to the high expense and long replenish times, so I open up the merc recruitment more, and do it with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    What I used to do, was recruit (the less expensive militia type) troops, deduct that from the population of the contributing settlement, march them to the receiving settlement, then disband and add_population. That does not work so well with the Elves, however, due to the high expense and long replenish times, so I open up the merc recruitment more, and do it with them.
    Yea that seems exactly like the method of transferring Population in Rome Total War except we need to use console commands as recruiting units doesn't deduct population xD

Yeah, Rome is what gave me the idea, it also seems fairer/more realistic that it should cost something and take a bit of time rather than doing the instant pop transfer. And good thing recruitment does not deduct pop as in Rome, otherwise settlements would never grow...

The poll is finally closed and Dale narrowly beats out Gondor, they will be my second faction! In the meantime Episode 2 of my Shadow of Mirkwood will be live tomorrow at 3pm EST but I will throw it in this post now since I'll be at work at that point tomorrow

​SHADOW OF MIRKWOOD EPISODE 2
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You don't have to remove the hyphens. Hyphens work just fine in the console.

You don't have to remove the hyphens. Hyphens work just fine in the console.
    I think I actually tried that once and it didn't work but I will try again at some point

What source are you using for comments on Black Speech, in your vids?

What source are you using for comments on Black Speech, in your vids?
    http://www.angelfire.com/ia/orcishna...shphrases.html is where I found the phrases. I just realized the phrase I use in my video isn't "Kill Them All" it's actually "It is a good day to kill" xD

Umm, yeah. That's not 'real', the site creator is the inventor of many of the words/phrases used.

An accurate site with the actual known corpus of attested to Black Speech is Ardalambion:
    http://folk.uib.no/hnohf/
    http://folk.uib.no/hnohf/orkish.htm

Umm, yeah. That's not 'real', the site creator is the inventor of many of the words/phrases used.

An accurate site with the actual known corpus of attested to Black Speech is Ardalambion:
    http://folk.uib.no/hnohf/
    http://folk.uib.no/hnohf/orkish.htm
    Yea I already read through that but couldn't find any way of saying something like Kill Them All so I decided to use the other source, there is so little of Black Speech known. So I'm doing something orcish and perverting a different translation for my own use lol

JRRT did not give a B.S. word for kill. Similarly with your castle thing in the video today. Tolkien did not give a word for castle (technically he only uses the word castle once (in reference to Dol Amroth) in the corpus, IIRC). The closest attested to words would be caras or ost.

In the event you may wish to note to your viewership that the words you are using are fan-inventions, lest any get the wrong impression.
    Last edited by Infidel144; August 09, 2015 at 10:36 PM.

JRRT did not give a B.S. word for kill. Similarly with your castle thing in the video today. Tolkien did not give a word for castle (technically he only uses the word castle once (in reference to Dol Amroth) in the corpus, IIRC. The closest attested to words would be caras or ost.

In the event you may wish to note to your viewership that the words you are using are fan-inventions, lest any get the wrong impression.
    That's exactly what I'm going to say in the next episode, in the meantime I'll be using a lot of Sindarin since that is much more fleshed out, I actually have a full list of useful words in Sindarin for towns from Forod and Harad (north south) to Frozen, lake, black, gloom, castle, etc. Just need to remember to remove the OD when naming a place (I think Formalkor/Harmalkor would be North/South castle but I'd have to refer to Arachir to be certain

re: your latest SoM vid:
    You don't need a ship to blockade a port. Just put a unit on the port.
    You should be able to recruit a diplomat in the second level of the inn line, which, I think, is the Butchery -> Dungeon for SoM.

re your streaming video, Fennas Drunin starts as the capital because (in an unpublished note in the Marquette archive) Tolkien said the Rangers dwelt in the Angle (the name of the settlement is a fan invention).