Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] Divide et Impera 1.1 Overview and Previews Collection (New Preview October 21)

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Divide et Impera 1.1 Overview and Previews Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    I have a few questions regarding the animation changes:

Has there been a breakthrough with the repeating charge bug (or whatever its name was^^)?

If not, how will you apply the new animations to units, are they tied to existing formations or are they used at any given moment?

Will this affect Pikes in any way?

How far do these changes influence fighting and do they apply to killing moves?

Anyway looks awesome,

Best regards
    The new animations are not tied to the hoplite phalanx ability at all. They're active whether you're in formation or not. The repeating charge bug happened with the formation abilities active. There's some talk about phasing out the actual hoplite phalanx ability... or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

This will not affect pikes or killing moves.

Looks like you've got a typo there in the very first screenshot.

"Armies reduce regional supplies" needs a space before itself.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Patrician View Post
    Looks like you've got a typo there in the very first screenshot.

"Armies reduce regional supplies" needs a space before itself.
    As these are previews we are well aware that there are still typos and stuff like that. Edits like that is done in the final stage but thanks for reporting it anyway

After reading so many positive reviews about ai behavior in 1.1, i cant help to wonder what if army limit was increased? Lets say being able to support 4-5 armies from the start compare to 2.5 that we able to now, obviously while still maintaining balance and order that dei offers. Will ai be able to deal with that and rationally manage its armies?

Raising the army cap worsens the balance, you wouldn't be able to maintain it by doubling the amount of armies on the field.

Right now the AI is doing very well with the number of armies it has access to, and I never find the number of armies a problem for the player.

With the recruitment changes, the ai performs better with two armies now, that it would have performed with four armies in the past. Simply because of a higher quality of troops.

This sounds incredible. Thanks for all the hard work!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Guys dont change the current round shields of triarii! at least not with these ones. The ones I see here are more of Cartaginian/lybian design and even Ilyrian (the one from the back)

We haven't changed anything with them, those are...Polybian I think? Anyway they are the other version.

Edit - Or they were the Pedites Extraordinarii? I can't remember anymore

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

dont think so AT least not in the steam version of the mod.

New Preview released - Scythian Unit Overhaul for 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post

Guys dont change the current round shields of triarii! at least not with these ones. The ones I see here are more of Cartaginian/lybian design and even Ilyrian (the one from the back)
    Trarii change from a hoplon to a scutum from the camillan reforms to the polybian reforms.
    Pedites Extrodinarii (Allied Trarii basically) keep the hoplon in both reform eras. It's always been like this.

the design/pattern of the hoplon shields not their type. I thought I was pretty clear.

I just checked the current shileds of early triarii and pedites extraoordinarii dont have these shield pattern

triarii

pedites

for Jupiter sake dont chnage these beautifull shields with these seen on the previews. They are not accurate and definetly not as beautifull.
    Last edited by Kranos; August 11, 2015 at 05:22 PM.

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    for Jupiter sake dont chnage these beautifull shields with these seen on the previews. They are not accurate and definetly not as beautifull.
    Did you check the late Triarii? That pic you're worried about is of Polybian Triarii, not the early unit.

Ive checked all the spear units and could see those patterns. Im using the steam version. So do you have those cartaginian paterns as well?
    Last edited by Kranos; August 11, 2015 at 05:26 PM.

Firstly that preview was showing the new animations in action!

Also shields for triarii etc have not been changed, you are seeing vanilla hoplons in that early trarii unit (plain bronze shields). The socii units are the ones with painted shields. But now you mention it, I might improve the early triarii to have some painted shields too. I have been tweaking itallic/etruscan units, plus Ritter has lots of new AOR italian troops with new shields so I will check all the older units like this have interesting shields.
    Last edited by Don_Diego; August 11, 2015 at 05:40 PM.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

So excited. Especially excited for the Naval changes. Might finally be able to take part in that side of the game now!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Firstly that preview was showing the new animations in action!

Also shields for triarii etc have not been changed, you are seeing vanilla hoplons in that early trarii unit (plain bronze shields). The socii units are the ones with painted shields. But now you mention it, I might improve the early triarii to have some painted shields too. I have been tweaking itallic/etruscan units, plus Ritter has lots of new AOR italian troops with new shields so I will check all the older units like this have interesting shields.
    hmmm this is ridiculous. Unless the steam and standalone versions are not different, the early triary do have painted hoplons as I just showed you here. Also I dont see any vanilla hoplons for any spear units in my steam version of the mod

I think this is a misunderstanding. You are referring to those 2 hoplons in that picture and saying they shouldn't be there (and aren't in our current unit)? I will check it out.

Edit: Okay I just checked, 1.1 Polybian Triarii still look the like they do in 1.05. That picture is deceptive because I had mixed some units together while taking screenshots accidentally. I was just trying to show the animations, not the units.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 12, 2015 at 02:15 PM.

still dont know what unit is that. No spear unit doesnt have those patterns.

We replaced some hoplons with the larger ones from WoS, that is what is probably showing up in that picture. The unit has the painted hoplons but also some with designs on them. They are just larger than they used to be.