Thread: Formation Question

Default Formation Question

To preface, I'd just like to say that I dug around the forums and google for my specific problem but can't honestly seem to find the solution to my particular problem. So, please don't crucify me if there is a thread that already exists for this. I looked hard.

Anyway, I just got done watching this RTW on Youtube

At around 4:09 the player says to "hold alt + double right click". However, every time I do this action the only thing that happens is that my formation is locked in the state where my army is currently standing and can only rotate in a 360 degree angle. What can I do to fix this problem?

I'm rather new to multiplayer and have been trying to utilize hotkeys and online resources to get better at forming formations. Would appreciate any advice!

P.S. - How do you select a specific unit of the same type all at once?

Default Re: Formation Question

Just found out link doesn't work, here is the link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIBNqqa2Tcw

please, anyone?

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Hello mate .In the video i think he just moved the units with the mouse.I dont think he does anything complicated .

@Crazyroman,

Thanks for responding.

If you watch 4:09, he says to hold down alt, and manages to issue a command order in which all of his units move at the same time in a formation without using group commands. Again, my problem is that whenever I hold down my alt key the formation just spins around in a 360 degree circle.

Thanks

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Mate i think he just changed his control options. I cant thing of anything else.I dont know these very things very well cause i dont play multiplayer.Sorry that i cant help you fix this problem .

you hold shift + alt + RMB to move them without breaking formation. is taht what you mean?