Thread: Question about AI

Default Question about AI

Hello all

I've started to play this mod today and I have to say, I don't see major changes in AI behaviour which I really wanted to be challenging. It's year 1195, playing polish kingdom. Got a few towns from rebels, gettin rich, gettin stronger and as far as I proceed I don't encounter any obstacles. None in the world is even declaring war :/ Everything so static. Also diplomacy is poor, noone visits me except for a trading rights... Isit gonna be like this till the end? I,ve expected much more from this mod...

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Question about AI

Hi Gahar,

Did you start your game at 'very hard' difficulty? DLV is meant to be played at very hard.
    Last edited by LaMuerte; July 25, 2015 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerte View Post
    Hi Gahar,

Did you start your game at 'very hard' difficulty? DLV is meant to be played at very hard.
    Yep I remember starting it at Vh difficulty but maybe I accidently clicked otherwise. Some way to check diff while I'm playing?

Quote Originally Posted by gahar View Post
    Some way to check diff while I'm playing?

Actually there is.

If you start a new game , the game still has the same difficulty presets stored from the previous game you started.

Wow, forget what I wrote earlier, I just got ultra ed! Year 1234 or smth, my polish empire got slightly bigger, from baltic sea to the black sea. Got 7 or 8 provincies. I was doing pretty good for most of the time but now... Full rebellion spread and everyone wants to conquer me :/ It's my first playthrough, so I don't know what I did t piss my nobles lol. Denmar, Lithuania (with which I have "outstanding" relations lmao), Hungary, almost full beaten by me and ing Reich from nowhere are attacking me. My kingdom falling apart. Morover I don't know how can I make allies. Everyone is repealing me. Can you tell me why? Maybe because of my reputation but hey, other factions are starting wars and somehow they have many allies. This mod got really hard for me.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; August 02, 2015 at 11:41 PM. Reason: censor bypass

A weak king on the throne?

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerte View Post
    A weak king on the throne?

Yep, this might be the case. How to make him strong?

I,ve started again and in the first turn hungarian princess came to me offering trading rights. I responded with marry me plz and I have an ally now. Lol and for the all gameplay, 80 turns of myfirst play I couldn't make make anyone to be friends. This mod is funny

This is getting really stupid, AI is way too agressive now. Year 1204 and FOUR fractions attacked me almost at the same time :/ No one is declaring war in the world but only I am the target. And Hungarians betrayed me. Cannot covince anyone to become my ally. I think this is some buggy , abnormal behaviour of comp. My strong king died but his son who sits now on the throne is ok so I have no clue what's going on.

And what is that thing with merchants? I click on foreign ones and I see they bring like 1000 florins every turn wtf? Bug?
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; August 02, 2015 at 03:53 PM. Reason: merged posts plus censor bypass

This game, at least DLV+ BB, is not buggy