Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 25 JUL 2015] Preview: Campaign map and Battlemap models

guga380's Avatar Laetus

Default [UPD 25 JUL 2015] Preview: Campaign map and Battlemap models

This thread is used for showing progress on Battlemaps, Unique Settlements, Unique tiles, generic settlements and tiles, campaign map models, campaign map tiles, props etc.

Members working on battlemaps:
    - Pataloon, Patryk, Nathan, nistrum

Members working on campaign map models:
    - guga380

BATTLEMAP MODELS PREVIEW

BLACK GATES
    Credits: guga380
    MINAS TIRITH - THE KING'S HALL
    Credits: Patryk

CAMPAIGN MAP MODELS PREVIEW

MT. GUNDABAD
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; August 20, 2015 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Logo update

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: [Development] Preview: Campaign Map Settlements / Battle Map Models

Quote Originally Posted by guga380 View Post
    nice keep up the good work +rep
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [UPD 25/07/2015] Preview: Campaign Map Settlements / Battle Map Models

ing AWESOME!!!! Well done guys, these models are top notch greatness!

The Kings hall is absolutely flawless so far, amazing work Patryk
    Last edited by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf; July 25, 2015 at 01:18 PM.
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [UPD 25/07/2015] Preview: Campaign Map Settlements / Battle Map Models

I'm interested in how you will allow a player to break through the black gate. Hopefully not through two tiny doors like in TATW :p. Just kidding

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    I'm interested in how you will allow a player to break through the black gate. Hopefully not through two tiny doors like in TATW :p. Just kidding
    Actually this was one of ideas. Of course we will try normal version first. I tihnk we can make moving gates with current size. Im only not sure how soldiers can breach such walls. Only with catapults...

Default Re: [UPD 25/07/2015] Preview: Campaign map and Battlemap models

in the movie gate was opened by trolls and there was no doors so i think only catapults. on the other hand maybe small passage can be made on the side but there should be a giant spider located somewhere [maybe just something like a general] but then catapults won't be able to pass it.

That would be so awesome, wasnt sure it was possible! Great stuff to hear, now i want to give a response for guga380 .

Will the tower shapes change to a more conical variation like from the films adaptation for future releases after testing?

An image that might be useful; http://pic.qnpic.com:83/r.jsp?fn=//c...black_gate.jpg

However it looks fabulous so far and wish you the best of luck, the spikes are very nice looking and make it obvious were entering Mordor
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

Yes now we are talking with Gustavo about corrected shapes. But it depends on him.

Quote Originally Posted by MUA View Post
    in the movie gate was opened by trolls and there was no doors so i think only catapults. on the other hand maybe small passage can be made on the side but there should be a giant spider located somewhere [maybe just something like a general] but then catapults won't be able to pass it.
    that passage was at Minas Morgul. The battle map is not big enough for another passage that could reach Shelob's cave when looking at the map of ME. But of course it is up to the creaters of the mod.

OT: AMAZING WORK <3
    Last edited by TotalDonutWar; July 25, 2015 at 04:07 PM.

guga380's Avatar Laetus

I'm going to finish the model in the next days, and keep modeling other scenes, like Minas Morgul, Edoras, Helms Deep,etc.
    RoM has so many potential to recreate Middle Earth exactly how it looks on screen. I cant wait to finish everything and start playing

That is some very nice work there guys! Looking forward to this so much. The potential on this engine is enormous.

Bazsi's Avatar Foederatus

Well, in my opinion the black gate shouldnt move or have a smaller gate. If can make it to function as a wall, the defenders could put troops on it, and attackers could only besige it with ladders or siegetowers. You should givee it a lot of hp that it wouldnt be easy to destroy it with catapults, I think.

Great work guys!!!! Canīt wait to lay siege to mordor, or to defend the Hall of Kings!^^

For the function of the Black Gate I think like Bazsi: If you canīt make the gate open at a whole, than donīt make little doors because that wouldnīt be the sense of the Black Gate. It was created to blockade the entrance of mordor, guarded by a strong garrison, and withstand sieges, not support counter attacks of the besieged. So the only way to get "through" the gate on battlemap should be using ladders and siegetowers to bring your troops on the wall, slaughtering the defenders (or getting sluaghterd by them). In RtoK teh gate just opened because Sauron wanted to kill Aragorn, there was no other sense for sallying out! So normal behavior of the defender would be to sit on the gate and wait for the attacker. Well if the attacker comes from Mordor itself (because he fought his way through Minas Morgul and Cirith Ungol) the defender is ed up... I donīt know if a settelmet without gate to the side from where the "normal" (not from Mordor marching) attacker is coming, would cause problemsfor the battle AI, but it wouldnīt be the first battle I waited for the battletimer to end.
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Ha! Really nice idea. I just thought what if we don't make gates. It's correct that why should Mordor open so strong wall-gates and loose priority on the map? It's logically they won't. Battering rams will be useles in case we remove gates at all and make only walls and towers. So only catapults and siege engines can help.
    This will disbalance forces so Mordor will have more chances for the win. But in fact that's what Black Gates were built for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    This will disbalance forces so Mordor will have more chances for the win. But in fact that's what Black Gates were built for.
    Witch castle is build to give advantages to the enemy anyway?
    But yeah, with the right troops defending the Black Gate is surley one of the hardest settlements to take. Mainly because there is no gate your troops can burn down due to throwing torches at it!
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Keep up the great work you massively talented person!

Edit: Any plans to put some sexy looking mordor catapults on top of the walls to shower attackers in flame?
    Last edited by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf; July 26, 2015 at 10:59 AM.

Absolutely stunning
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by guga380 View Post

This thread is used for showing progress on Battlemaps, Unique Settlements, Unique tiles, generic settlements and tiles, campaign map models, campaign map tiles, props etc.

Members working on battlemaps:
    - Pataloon, Patryk, Nathan, nistrum

Members working on campaign map models:
    - guga380

BATTLEMAP MODELS PREVIEW

The Black Gate
    Minas Tirith - The King's Hall
    Credits: Patryk
    Looks very nice!

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

how are guys going to make erebor? Because in the movie it has dozens of bridges and stairs and I donn't know if you can make on attila (it would be awesome though)

Guga manda a ver cara! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff Ghanor View Post
    how are guys going to make erebor? Because in the movie it has dozens of bridges and stairs and I donn't know if you can make on attila (it would be awesome though)

Guga manda a ver cara! haha
    I hope they can model the settlement into the mountain and make it look like in the movies! That would be AWESOME!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast