Thread: [CAMPAIGN] Army Traditions

Default [CAMPAIGN] Army Traditions

Here is a new campaign preview, addressing the changes we've done to military traditions. These have been entirely reworked to fit the new setting. Each tree has one or several themes, manifested through paths that lead up to events from great historical battles like Carrhae, emphasize duties and responsibilities of the common soldier, structures and organization of the army, or religious and cultural influences as you'll see more of at a later point with the Hellenistic and Greek trees.

What's more, we've shifted the focus of the traditions to primarily benefit the army on the campaign map. It's worth noting that traditions will take notably longer to aquire, as they are rather powerful.

In this preview, you'll see the Roman and Parthian traditions featured. Icons are the work of UMCenturion and Saffron.

Roman Traditions

Parthian Traditions

Carthaginian Traditions

Hellenistic (Successor States) Traditions

Last edited by Sheridan; August 18, 2015 at 07:57 AM.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Army Traditions

looks cool, I really like how the traditions add civil benefits like the romans building civil works.

This looks rather good.

Absolutely marvelous there philip, the parthian one looks just astounding.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Looks good.

Thanks. I'm aware it's not as fancy as it might be, but this is the easiest way to display all the bonuses at once.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Love this mate, excellent army traditions, love the Eastern ones!!!

Tiro

This looks great, must say that I didn't feel anything good about the vanilla ones, even RII had better Traditions imho. TTT made some headweigh too I belive, in making them important at all. This might actually make them useful at all.

One Love for making Atilla the possible greatest Total War experience of all time!! <3
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

Thank you very much!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Bring it on! Looks Good!

Professional work! Most excellent good sir Philipp!

Would you like to see some more? Carthage is now finished, so we have three additional trees that haven't been shown yet. They don't yet have icons, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Would you like to see some more? Carthage is now finished, so we have three additional trees that haven't been shown yet. They don't yet have icons, though.
    I cant believe that you have to ask.
    OFCOURSE!

Original post updated
    Last edited by Sheridan; August 18, 2015 at 07:57 AM.

How will you adress fireballs, spiketraps etc that used to be unlocked via traditions?

So far, we haven't designed any traditions to unlock those type of defenses. These should still be available in siege and fort defenses, if I'm not mistaking. Other than that, there are other potential campaign sources that could provide these types of benefits.

How does this "colonizing" work? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I do not own attila (and won't buy until your mod is finished )

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GatoVolador View Post
    How does this "colonizing" work? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I do not own attila (and won't buy until your mod is finished )

Cheers
    It's for repopulating desolated regions (those which are razed by the player/AI). Which of course isn't a great or accurate representation of the colonizing that really took place, but it's one way of doing it. Recolonizing costs both gold and manpower, the latter from the army which you do it with, and it can be very expensive in both regards, so the army tradition bonuses here a pretty powerful in that sense.

Edit: Hellenistic traditions now fit with new icons, and the Roman tree has the final two done now (thanks to UMCenturion and Saffron)
    Last edited by Sheridan; August 14, 2015 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    It's for repopulating desolated regions (those which are razed by the player/AI). Which of course isn't a great or accurate representation of the colonizing that really took place, but it's one way of doing it. Recolonizing costs both gold and manpower, the latter from the army which you do it with, and it can be very expensive in both regards, so the army tradition bonuses here a pretty powerful in that sense.

Edit: Hellenistic traditions now fit with new icons, and the Roman tree has the final two done now (thanks to UMCenturion and Saffron)
    Oh, that's what the whole japes about nukes are about! Hehe, ok, thx for clarifying