Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tag Tournament tavern

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Tag Tournament tavern

Hi there folks!

Welcome to the Tag Tournament tavern.

Here you can discuss your favorite teams, gossip about the latest brilliant or disastrous moves, contemplate strategy, cry in defeat or boast in victory.

And of course, have a drink!

We have a good selection of bottled beers:

Beers

And tap beer:

Tap beer

For the Stainless Steel fanboys:
    Stainless steel beer

And of course is some Arbor Gold and Dornish Red.

Wines

(I know this is familiar to the other discussion topics, but I do not want to overburden those, this is only for discussion on the tag tournament.)

Just a fair warning, respect the rules of the site.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: Tag Tournament tavern

I like it how much action is happening in the westeros hotseats. In a very surprising turn of events, Jadli managed to deliverer a strong blow to defending champion Ice Eyes.

As shown in this video:

That my friends, is how you bypass a fort wall.

Also, the notorious Falcon Guard proved their worth in Quarter final 3, shattering the forces of Frosty Mudd.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Never underestimate the Falcon Guard!

Also, shame to all players who let their teammates play alone. Luckily for JCdestroyer, kalem was ready to fill in the gap. Let's hope he will bring some positive impulses to the Storm and Arryn team.
    Last edited by Dux; July 21, 2015 at 06:05 PM.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Well in westeros almost everything is close enough, so in my opinion this was obvious, that will be the most action packed, in the beginning atleast. Moreover more active players are on this side, so the turns moves a little bit faster.

In third age the first battles probably won't happen in the first 5 turns, though this is a strong estimate from me, but in the 2v2v2 tournament only a walless village got conquered so far by me and Viking is pulling back his forces, because that is the better way to do it, especcially with time limits.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

but but im irish why why bring me here noooooo oh well like they say if the irish were not drunk we would rule the world think you selfs lucky i will take em the three eye raven.
    Yes i finale have a team mate after many days searching in the lowest points to the highest asking round i have a new blood with me. we have been doing planning all day and well i think we can give some punches before we go out. even with the death of the storm king we will fight on the battle in the future crown lands is over the battle of the stormlands has begun.

Ghjacobsen's Avatar Ducenarius

FREE BEER!

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm taking a relatively undefended castle from Dale. Go Butterwell Brothers!

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

In Westeros Tag2 Mudd (me) has managed to gain some good ground against the Stormy. Killing the Stormking while taking care of most his Crownlands forces. Only 2 settlements in the Crownlands remain under the infidels, they'll soon be taken care off.
    Lanny (themzr) has taken 2 castles and defeated a Reach Lord. Our team seems to be in the lead in our HS.

yea well i am training up this new guy a bit im glad i have a team mate but he though i was playing as stark and that he did his turn and he does not scout it seems he thinks it is a wast of time but he seems to be very enthusiastic at least lets see how long it lasts.

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Well I'm going to drink my sorrows away, I'll have 2 'Take the Black' Stouts and one 'Valar Morghulis' plus a seat in the corner if anyone wishes to join

I will join you lets drink our sorrows away time for a drinking song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz9nHvmdAb4

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

If you are drinking this is the music you want:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_PZ2x2_vPI

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

I will be at the front of the bar buying everyone a round in honour of protokyzers victory!

Another round count me in (also broke my chair just there never lean to far back on a chair)

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Narsils_Shards View Post
    I'm taking a relatively undefended castle from Dale. Go Butterwell Brothers!
    We also lost a crappy town to Gondor, but once I get Pepsi Co. to bribe the admin expect it to be retaken!

The 2v2v2 in TATW is most likely going to be very close, all teams are around the same overall skill level, just depends on who makes the BIIG PLAAAYZ. and we all know who that is going to be.

The 2v2 tho, my money is on Joe-Chieftain, they're probably the 2nd and 3rd best active players in TATW, behind Nice.
    Last edited by Arrow2daknee; July 21, 2015 at 02:56 PM.

Ghjacobsen's Avatar Ducenarius

I am already broke, i've emptyed my cofins just buying Beer.

I am that one guy at the table in the middle, thinking i am a Rockstar.

Screw it im the bar man first round of the say is on me don't tell the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced Ape View Post
    In Westeros Tag2 Mudd (me) has managed to gain some good ground against the Stormy. Killing the Stormking while taking care of most his Crownlands forces. Only 2 settlements in the Crownlands remain under the infidels, they'll soon be taken care off.
    Lanny (themzr) has taken 2 castles and defeated a Reach Lord. Our team seems to be in the lead in our HS.
    [QUOTE=Silenced Ape;14618424]King Tristifer himself has killed the Stormking while leading the vanguard against Rooks Rest.
    King Tristifer hereby claim all lands of the Vale, Crownlands and the Stormlands. The Olds Gods will have their revenge.

Let's see you put your money where your mouth is... And thank your Crimson ally themzr for the lovely information on scouting... My team mate is trying to change my mind about it too but I personally can't see the importance, there is something thrilling about the surprises in the deep fog of war.

Westeros Tag2 is very one sided, unless Mudd/Lann screw up they've a GG on their hands. On another topic I am working on Support Signatures for the semi/finals, so you'll be able to wear the signature(s) to show your support for whatever team your rooting for to win. I'll leave the Westeros Background below, will have 2 knights to the right side that'll be edited to match the theme of the players avatars while the left side will have the team members names.

TA / SS / W each get their own background. The sword one of the knights is holding will change from Longclaw/Andúril/Whatever, matching the theme of the section it's representing.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by kalem13524 View Post
    Let's see you put your money where your mouth is... And thank your Crimson ally themzr for the lovely information on scouting... My team mate is trying to change my mind about it too but I personally can't see the importance, there is something thrilling about the surprises in the deep fog of war.
    I just put my money on where my mouth is, or whatever you were trying to say.

And btw, scout or expect to loose every single hotseat you play in. There is no excuse for not scouting, it hurts both you and your ally. Have a look on why you should scout

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast