Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting castles to cities

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Converting castles to cities

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    expanded.txt has the mappings of game names to internal names.

{SICILY}Gondor

Gondor = sicily.
    Well, that's quicker. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by doomdude1 View Post
    So, for some reason Hollin Gate seems to be unable to be upgraded, even though the fix successfully allows me to upgrade castles willy-nilly.
    There are also some settlements in Leo's Alternative Patch submod that can't be upgraded either, due to how the game is carefully coded (for instance, many Haradrim settlements can't be upgraded, and of course neither can custom settlements). Don't worry about that if it can't be upgraded; focus on other castles.

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

thanks Roma_Victrix and Withwar i reaally appreciate it!
    and Roma you should definitely check out the divide and conquer mod its great!
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Quote Originally Posted by riuk881 View Post
    thanks Roma_Victrix and Withwar i reaally appreciate it!
    and Roma you should definitely check out the divide and conquer mod its great!
    I would, but that would mean getting rid of Leo's sub mod to do a fresh reinstall of TATW. I'm not ready to do that yet. Plus, I don't think any other mod has Leo's amazing custom settlements, including refashioned towns, large towns/cities, and cities for Arnor and Gondor (plus a new large town model for the Elves). Now every city and large city upgraded by Gondor looks like a miniature Osgiliath! Without the dividing river and bridges, of course.

Does Divide and Conquer have all new units? That would be a major selling point for me, to have new units to fight with on the battlefield.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

you don't need to remove Leo's if you want to try other submods, as explained here

furthermore, afaik MOS 1.7 is using many if not all of the new Leo's settlement and yes, DAC has a lot of new units (probably it is the submod with more units, along with PCP that also has many, some of which exclusive ones like Dragons). Anyhow, here is a list of almost all the submods available, you can use it as a quick reference

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by doomdude1 View Post
    So, for some reason Hollin Gate seems to be unable to be upgraded, even though the fix successfully allows me to upgrade castles willy-nilly.
    Custom settlements require a different technique to be able to upgrade them, an example would be Imladris which is assigned as faction creator timurids in Descr_Strat ,just change timurids to egypt and it will ugrade exactly the same as other High Elves cities, you will however lose the unique strat map building for Imladris when it upgrades but this never bothers me. I would like to have used Hollin Gate as an example for you but I cant remember where it is or what faction controls it.

Edit just a quick note, because it is descr_strat that is being modded it is not save game compatable, it will not ruin your existing save game but will activate when you start a new campaign
    Goth

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I would, but that would mean getting rid of Leo's sub mod to do a fresh reinstall of TATW. I'm not ready to do that yet.
    you don't have to uninstall just install to a different campaign eg britannia, teutonic, americas. i've got vanilla third age, DaC, and stainless steel

edit: and yes DaC has so many new units, and it has factions like Dol Amroth which i love their heavy cavalry!
    Last edited by riuk881; July 29, 2015 at 12:37 PM.
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

My good TWC TATW Players, you don't need to install a mod/submod into one of your Kingdoms campaigns. Since most of TATW submods uses Third_Age_3 folder as its base during the installation, install TATW 3.2(3.0+3.2) once, test can you start a campaign, and, make a backup copy of whole Third_Age_3 folder somewhere on your disk (just not in your main M2TW folder) and later on use a combination of renaming a Third_Age_3 folder to the name-of-submod-installed in it currently, and copy/pasting that backup copy Third_Age_3 folder back into your M2TW/mods folder to be used as a base for installation of another submod. Whenever you want to play another TATW submod , just rename Third_Age_3 folder to the name of a submod currently installed in it, and, rename the folder (of a submod which you want to play) as Third_Age_3.

Simple and easy. On my desktop PC, which I currently can't use, I have 5-6 TATW submods installed along with vanilla TATW, my mods folder was around 70-80 GB in size.

In case you don't get these instructions, I'll make few pictures with the instructions.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    you don't need to remove Leo's if you want to try other submods, as explained here

furthermore, afaik MOS 1.7 is using many if not all of the new Leo's settlement and yes, DAC has a lot of new units (probably it is the submod with more units, along with PCP that also has many, some of which exclusive ones like Dragons). Anyhow, here is a list of almost all the submods available, you can use it as a quick reference

You are indeed a righteous dude.

Quote Originally Posted by riuk881 View Post
    you don't have to uninstall just install to a different campaign eg britannia, teutonic, americas. i've got vanilla third age, DaC, and stainless steel

edit: and yes DaC has so many new units, and it has factions like Dol Amroth which i love their heavy cavalry!
    I think you've convinced me to have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    My good TWC TATW Players, you don't need to install a mod/submod into one of your Kingdoms campaigns. Since most of TATW submods uses Third_Age_3 folder as its base during the installation, install TATW 3.2(3.0+3.2) once, test can you start a campaign, and, make a backup copy of whole Third_Age_3 folder somewhere on your disk (just not in your main M2TW folder) and later on use a combination of renaming a Third_Age_3 folder to the name-of-submod-installed in it currently, and copy/pasting that backup copy Third_Age_3 folder back into your M2TW/mods folder to be used as a base for installation of another submod. Whenever you want to play another TATW submod , just rename Third_Age_3 folder to the name of a submod currently installed in it, and, rename the folder (of a submod which you want to play) as Third_Age_3.

Simple and easy. On my desktop PC, which I currently can't use, I have 5-6 TATW submods installed along with vanilla TATW, my mods folder was around 70-80 GB in size.

In case you don't get these instructions, I'll make few pictures with the instructions.
    Wow, 80 GB? That's huge (twice the size of my mods folder at 40 GB). My laptop has about 750 GB overall space, so for me that would be roughly one-seventh of all available space being taken up. Damn! I would still have plenty of space for word docs, pictures, music, and movies, though.

In any case, thanks for explaining, I think I understand the instructions well enough.

Hello, with reference to your post from five years ago I have exactly the same problem. I play m2tw Third Age with submod DaC 4.5 and I can't change my settlements to castles and vice versa. I play as dwarves of moria and high elves and it probably looks the same in other factions. I tried to fix it like you but in DaC it looks differently. I couldn't find those lines which were in your datas. I would be apreciate if anyone could help me.

It's beginning and the rest is about common unit-creating buildings:
    building core_building
    {
    ; convert_to core_castle_building
    levels wooden_pallisade wooden_wall stone_wall large_stone_wall huge_stone_wall
    {
    wooden_pallisade city requires factions { gondor, northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and hidden_resource unlocked
    {
    capability
    {
    wall_level 0
    tower_level 1
    recruits_morale_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    law_bonus bonus 1
    population_growth_bonus bonus +2 requires factions { all, } and event_counter AI_growth 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 4
    cost 1300
    settlement_min village
    upgrades

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12