Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The secret way of making any faction playable.

EmperorJulian's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: The secret way of making any faction playable.

I followed your instructions exactly - copying and pasting the files as described. BoB failed to cooperate and Attila simply froze for 10 minutes+. I believe this was because I had attempted to make changes to the startpos character table and for some reason that causes the whole works to cash and burn. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the assembly kit and I'm going to start over, this time following your suggestions from the beginning. I know from experience this can be made to work, but it looks like I have to be very careful about what I change along the way.

* As expected, a full clean reinstall with modifications made to files (other than those involving characters) worked perfectly. I was able to load as Provence, and to promptly crash when I moused over the family name thing. I will see if modding the startpos directly works now that I've followed your instructions. Sadly no change. Same crash as before; I might need to give up on this particular ambition since it seems to be quite an exercise in futility. Very sad too since it seemed like a fun project in theory.
    Last edited by EmperorJulian; June 23, 2016 at 06:11 AM. Reason: minor edit.
    Under the Patronage of Valus the Indefatigable.

Not works? I suppose that you've copied it in the folder "...\Total War Attila\assembly_kit\raw_data\EmpireDesignData\campaigns\cha_attila"

In any case, I will check. Maybe it is also necessary modify the "political_parties_power_effect_bundles" table.

EDIT: With "political_parties" and "faction_political_parties_junctions" table files is sufficient. It works for me correctly.

Last edited by Miguel_80; June 23, 2016 at 11:45 AM.

EmperorJulian's Avatar Civitate

Thanks again for all your help. The problem is now resolved - I did it by moving the files I collected from the main_attila to the cha_attila directory in the raw_data folder. Now that this is resolved, I need to find away around the problem of editing the startpos characters file. I'm planning to do a lot of work on that front and if the assembly kit just wont work, I'll need to be able to make use of alternative methods going forward. At least now I can move on to that challenge!
    Under the Patronage of Valus the Indefatigable.

You're welcome. I'm glad it works for you. Respect to the rest of the changes, using the "starting_positions" form not usually cause problems. Anyway, it is advisable to make backups.

Hello Rikashey,

I have followed your instruction and was able (or I thought) to make playable the Carloman faction in AOC.

I created a mod.pack but ATTILA laucher says it's obsolete.
    when I choose it and lauch nothing happens there are the same faction as in vanilla.
    Do I need to make "unplayable" another to replace it by the one I created ? or else?

Thank you in advance for any help

ElijahR's Avatar Foederatus

I am new to BOB and don't even know where the startpos.factions is. Anyone care to tell me?

Hi there iam geting a strange bug the faction screen loads but then it ends turn and this gets stuck on a loop is there a fix for this iam not sure whats causing this bug or mabye i havent done something correctly?

Does it work with Fall of the Samurai?

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Can somebody help me, the Bob wont allow me to procces startpos. Its say "Timed out. Couldn't locate launcher and game processes" i dont know what happening here.

Gyan-Avspar's Avatar Foederatus
    Islamic Republic of Iran,Mazandaran,Chalus

Excellent.Thanks

Hi. I want unlock factions in this mod and wonder how to go about it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=662116630

Quote Originally Posted by mhawari View Post
    Can somebody help me, the Bob wont allow me to procces startpos. Its say "Timed out. Couldn't locate launcher and game processes" i dont know what happening here.
    hi mhawari, you can find answers from step 20) to 25) read the Points in DaVincis Guide
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-startpos-mod

It also helps to understand what Bob is doing exactly, read carefully Mitchs Guide , which is linked in step 1) you bettter star with reading this.

Modding startpos is not easy until u dont understand in Detail what you are doing.
    One week ago i wasnt able to make a startpos, since friday my mods are working!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123