Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The secret way of making any faction playable.

Default Re: The secret way of making any faction playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikashey View Post
    15) Exit out of the Assembly Kit and make a copy of your data file in the Attila folder and put it in a safe place.
    Hello. Are you referring to create the "mod.pack" to open it in the PFM program? I say this because the .PACK file is never created, it gives me error. I've tried about ten times and adding what you mention FrozenmenSS in the post #10

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

I have found steps 15, 16 and 17 in the opening post to be unnecessary.

For me, the only secret is to create a ".pack" file with the tables and then in the PFM program add the "startpos.esf" file and edit it manually. The Assembly Kit never generates it.

Spoiler for Sample of unlocked factions

sobaos's Avatar Laetus

And how to make playable the factions in custom battles??

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by sobaos View Post
    And how to make playable the factions in custom battles??
    In factions table

sobaos's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    In factions table
    Could you say how? please

There's a box saying "Playable" and either true or false. Set to true.

These columns must be activated: "mp_available" (land battles) and "mp_available_naval" (naval battles).

sobaos's Avatar Laetus

Thanks!!

With "political_parties", "faction_political_parties_junctions" and "start_pos_factions" tables is sufficient to unlock factions. The "start_pos_characters" table gives problems sometimes. It's better add it later.

Example: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14908203
    Last edited by Miguel_80; March 30, 2016 at 04:14 PM.

Does not work for me. I'm trying to create a custom faction from scratch.

So I included the edits for "factions", "political_parties" and "faction_political_parties_junctions" in the data.pack.
    In TWeak I did exactly the same (same faction ID of course, generated by TWeak), also I added the faction in "start_pos_factions", gave it a region in "start_pos_regions" (Yathrib, no possible conflicts with any characters of other factions) and created a faction leader in "start_pos_characters" (faction leader, progentior, ruler party assigned).

Bob does not process it.
    This is always the case if any start_pos entry does refer to anything I made up on my own - including those changes in the data.pack sounded promising....

Can anybody confirm that this method worked for him?

Hi.

I played, use the Age of Vikings MOD .
    Love this mod, but ill try to add playable the Byzantine faction. All work fine , but one issue i have:
    -the frontend faction leader ( UI) dont see in selection tables... i only see the leader was before choosen . ( in campaign, if i select tje faction sunmary table, i also not seen the faction leader, only a whithe sreen in middle)
    pls any help for correct the UI. THX !

EmperorJulian's Avatar Civitate

I've been making use of this tutorial. But I have found it quite impossible to get the Assembly Kit to work for me. In my case I'm trying to make a test mod that will make Valencia playable. I've followed the instructions here but it always ends up the same way BoB fails to do anything useful and outputs an error; "Startpos file not found after running the game!" I can find no workaround for this and most of the modding stuff I find online is very old and out of date. At this stage it appears to me that my only real option is to edit Startpos manually through PFM. I will also note that even if I omit changes to startpos_character and what have you, I still get the same error, every time. I wish I knew if I was doing something wrong or if the system itself is just completely broken. Not sure where else to turn!
    Under the Patronage of Valus the Indefatigable.

Hello EmperorJulian. Maybe it can help you this tutorial:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mbly-Kit-fails

P.S: If you understand Spanish, this may be more useful. Although the pictures is enough deductible.

http://www.totalwarspain.com/t8453-t...ion-no-jugable

Thanks Miguel - I've seen that tutorial and I will probably have to make use of it. I still wish I knew what I was doing wrong, or if BoB is just broken, but at this point there might not be an answer to be had there. What I'm actually hoping to do is to use the Charlemagne DLC from Crusader Kings II to help me flesh out some of the minor factions in AoC, what with proper characters/family trees and what have you. It's just a small project and since I'm a minor faction junkie when it comes to Total War a compelling one at that. Valencia was my first choice as evidently there aren't really any mods (at least on steam) to activate those non-Cordoba Muslim factions, and there does appear to be some demand for them. In any case, I'll give this another shot today, see if I can get it working.

You're welcome EmperorJulian. Take care that there is not any .PACK file (Mod) within the main folder of the game ("Total War Attila") and subfolders. It should be clean of Mods when the BOB program need generate one.

Thanks for the input once again. I'd like to report that I was finally able to get BoB to function, but not when it comes to editing the startpos characters file - that appears to be the primary hangup in this case. I also find that Attila will crash when I mouse over the family name (at the top of family tree window) as well. I'm not sure exactly how to fix that as yet, but at least its progress!

Ok. To resolve this bug, follow the steps of this tutorial. I forgot comment it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Assembly-Kit

Thanks again. I have included those three specific entries in the mod I put together. Everything seems to work, except when I open the faction window - while looking at the family tree and mouse over the part where my family name/clan should be, what I see is "DY_YOUR_HOUSE" and if I put the cursor over that, the game will crash. Nothing else seems to be affected. Is this some sort of localization issue? I know other people have fleshed out factions pretty well, mod wise, so it couldn't be too hard to fix. In any case, I'm still glad it works in a rough and ready fashion. Just need to deal with this problem until I can move on to the next.

I should probably note that manually going into PFM and adding the proper political party to the faction leader in the pack-included startpos file itself has no effect; the bug persists regardless of this change.
    Last edited by EmperorJulian; June 22, 2016 at 04:52 PM. Reason: minor edit.

Copy this table files in this folder, before execute the BOB program: "...\Total War Attila\assembly_kit\raw_data\EmpireDesignData\campaigns\YOUR_CAMPAIGN\

STEP 1

STEP 2
    Last edited by Miguel_80; June 22, 2016 at 05:48 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast