Thread: Random CTDs in (campaign) battles

Default Random CTDs in (campaign) battles

So, does anyone know how to get to the bottom of this? The game created a crashhandler.dll, but that's mostly gibberish with just a few readable parts.

That's what seems to be about the issue, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    permission denied file exists no such device filename too long device or resource busy io error directory not empty invalid argument no space on device no such file or directory function not supported no lock available not enough memory resource unavailable try again cross device link operation canceled too many files open permission_denied address_in_use address_not_available address_family_not_supported connection_already_in_progress bad_file_descriptor connection_aborted connection_refused connection_reset destination_address_required bad_address host_unreachable operation_in_progress interrupted invalid_argument already_connected too_many_files_open message_size filename_too_long network_down network_reset network_unreachable no_buffer_space no_protocol_option not_connected not_a_socket operation_not_supported protocol_not_supported wrong_protocol_type timed_out operation_would_block address family not supported address in use address not available already connected argument list too long argument out of domain bad address bad file descriptor bad message broken pipe connection aborted connection already in progress connection refused connection reset destination address required executable format error file too large host unreachable identifier removed illegal byte sequence inappropriate io control operation invalid seek is a directory message size network down network reset network unreachable no buffer space no child process no link no message available no message no protocol option no stream resources no such device or address no such process not a directory not a socket not a stream not connected not supported operation in progress operation not permitted operation not supported operation would block owner dead protocol error protocol not supported read only file system resource deadlock would occur result out of range state not recoverable stream timeout text file busy timed out too many files open in system too many links too many symbolic link levels value too large wrong protocol type exp pow log log10 sinh cosh tanh asin acos atan atan2 sqrt sin cos tan ceil floor fabs modf ldexp _cabs _hypot fmod frexp _y0 _y1 _yn _logb _nextafter csmŕ  “ Ř-|Ĺ ›Ĺ  Xm s c o r e e . d l l CorExitProcess .Źý +ţ Unknown exception (null) ( n u l l )      EEE50 P ( 8PX 700WP  `h```` xpxxxx      l4.+ţ bad exception e+000

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Random CTDs in (campaign) battles

the crash logs are completly useless. No need to give them.

If you have a crash, you need to give the context:
    - What factions?
    - What types of units? Does it happen for a specific action?
    - Can you reproduce it in a custom battle with the same faction/units?

Example of crash report that I could solve:
    - When charging a unit with Bavarian Chevau Leger, the game crash when the Chevau Leger arrive near the ennemy.

This was caused by an error in the projectile configuration, when the Chevau Leger tried to shoot.

The game is complex, with many different possible soruces for a crash. And CA didn't provide useful log.

So without proper information to help reproducign a bug, I won't even try to correct it.

Ah, I see.

It was Austrians vs Prussians. Sadly I can't remember exactly what units have been involved, but it was during a cavalry charge from the flank I did to break their line. And yes, I do think Chevau Leger were involved.

If it happens again, I pay special attention to the units involved.

Patrician Artifex

OK, the more and most precise information you can give, the more likely you'll be to get a correction

That's one battle that crashed twice when loading with the message Napoleon Total war has stopped working. The setup is France vs Austria. Location is Marseille. Attack on the fly without any siege.

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Last edited by abaris; July 21, 2015 at 04:00 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Did you try a custom battle with the same units on each side?

No, so far I didn't.

Patrician Artifex

I'm not sure I can check it before quite some times as I'll be leaving for summer vacation at the end of this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I'm not sure I can check it before quite some times as I'll be leaving for summer vacation at the end of this week.
    No problem, Steph. I'm just posting these things because your campaign still seems to be in it's early stages. Don't get me wrong, I like what you did with units as well as victory conditions and troop recruitment. Makes the game a 100 percent more interesting.

Patrician Artifex

I have just a few factions to finish, and then I'll focus a lot more on the campaign