Thread: Double Garrison Scripts?

Default Double Garrison Scripts?

Ok I laid siege to Umbar as Gondor and they got 7 units as a garrison script which was fine. I planned to wait until reinforcements get close then attack. However 2 turns later 5 more units appear. I reload to see where they came from and apparently if I attack or wait until the Harad turn the 5 units appear. So I am going what the?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Double Garrison Scripts?

Yes it happened every other turn. I had to use auto win. when it popped up again and they sallied. After the first time fighting 13 units could have crippled my little army 18 would have ruined it.

Ah yes, it was odd when AI Garrison got even more units every next turn of besieging them. I had to recruit artillery for the next siege to counter this odd bug/event. Vanilla TATW 3.2 with those bugfixes installed.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

If the AI lays siege (against the AI) then it triggers a different garrison script, one with a 2 turn cooldown period instead of the 5 turns that a player-initiated siege triggers. The bug is that sometimes the script thinks a player siege is actually an AI one, so the wrong script is used.

As that thread also mentions, another side effect is that while a direct artillery assault (no siege, no waiting) by the player should trigger a garrison script, sometimes it doesn't.

There's a 50% chance that a player-initiated siege/assault will trigger the wrong garrison script (siege) or none at all (direct assault).

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Ah yes, it was odd when AI Garrison got even more units every next turn of besieging them. I had to recruit artillery for the next siege to counter this odd bug/event. Vanilla TATW 3.2 with those bugfixes installed.
    I am going to try FROGS after I finish this campaign and see if my PC can handle it. Thanks guys.