Thread: Game stops responding when using BOB

Icon13 Game stops responding when using BOB

I'm trying to make a mod but when i use BOB to create the startpos.esf, it will launch up the game Attila as usual but the game stops responding and is stuck forever... i left it running 1hr and BOB said it was 7 hours left.

Anyone else had this? Are the tools broken beyond usability or what is going on?

Miles

Default Re: Game stops responding when using BOB

1. Disable all mods in Attila's launcher. Even though BOB directly launches Attila, it'll still launch those mods. And if any of those mods alter the startpos, it'll most likely contribute to your issue.
    2. Make sure you can build the vanilla startpos file first. If this works, none of your original Assembly Kit files are corrupted.
    3. All changes made shouldn't be conflicting with either existing ones or with each other. It's often a thing people forget about, but I've had plenty of stupid custom startpos entries that caused the process to crash.
    4. Make minor changes first.

A tip; as soon as BOB says '30 seconds remaining' or something like that, ambient sounds kick in from Attila.exe, which are either sounds of armies clashing or sounds of seagulls. If that happens, your startpos will be done processing roughly at the point when BOB says '4 minutes remaining'.
    Last edited by GrudgeNL; July 20, 2015 at 09:43 AM.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Hmmm that seems like some good advice :3

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Tried all of that already... how am i supposed to know if something is conflicting when there's no error messages or logs?

Uploaded the raw data (250mb) here http://www.4shared.com/rar/tWddsKdVce/raw_data.html if you wanna see if you can figure it out... i have no idea why it wouldn't work...
    Anyone who can figure this out gets a cookie.

I have the same issue right now, can't process a vanilla sartpos. The sound goes for 10-20 seconds then the thing cuts off and crashes. This is driving me off the wall

The thing i uploaded above is a finished mod that lets you play as the Asia faction... it just needs to be processed by BOB... anyone is welcome to take a go at it and see if you can get BOB to process it... it doesn't work for me and i don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by liberator48 View Post
    The thing i uploaded above is a finished mod that lets you play as the Asia faction... it just needs to be processed by BOB... anyone is welcome to take a go at it and see if you can get BOB to process it... it doesn't work for me and i don't know why.
    Sorry for double posting but i don't know how to edit my other post...
    But i think it has something to do with connecting the Asia faction leader to his political party att_politics_asia_ruler... if i set this in the startpos_characters section for the Asia ruler, the game will freeze and BOB will get stuck and never finish processing the startpos... i'm pretty sure this is the issue but i dunno how to work around it... i mean the ruler needs to belong to a political party...

No, I don't think that's the issue (unless it's only an issue for specific factions). I was able to get working mods unlocking Nobatia AND Macedonia, the problem started when I tried my hand at Mauri, but now BoB won't process the vanilla startpos either, so it can't be that.

Even copying the vanilla startpos.esf from the game directory to the working_data directory doesn't resolve the issue. Nor does reinstalling both the tools and the game.

But did you do the step i explained above and it worked for you when you did Macedonia? Also... vanilla startpos works to process for me, i don't know why it doesn't for you :S Did you try manually clearing out all your Attila game files in your steam folder? Just doing it through steam sometimes leaves remnant files...

I know for a fact that it's the start_pos_characters... once i assign the faction ruler to his political party and then try to process the startpos, BOB will not process it anymore... it's happening the same thing now when i'm trying to make a minor faction playable.
    Before i assign him to his political party it works and i can get in-game but i have the bug in the politics screen where it says "dy_your_name" and "dy_your_house" and so on so i figure to fix that i should assign my ruler to his political party but BOB won't work then... anyone know this bug?

I've uploaded a mod i made that makes Abarshahr playable, this is in the state before i make the politics changes in the startpos_characters table so the bug in the politics screen will be there... but if i make the change in the startpos_characters screen i won't be able to process the startpos file as i've said above. I really hope someone can help me with this, or am i really the only one this happens to?

Here you can download the mod: http://www.filedropper.com/abarshahr
    Put the .pack in the data folder and the startpos in your campaign attila folder, as usual.

I have the same problem.

yes me too... to bad nobody give a solution about " DY_YOUR_HOUSE " political issue.