Thread: Preventing future patches (17) from being...enabled?

Default Preventing future patches (17) from being...enabled?

I'm not a native speaker of english, so please excuse me.

I found out today about the upcoming patch 17 for rome 2, and looking through the patch notes i noticed to changes to the faction traits.
    I really dislike the changes to the faction traits as i think they are way too powerful ( also the changes to odryssian kingdom, my favourite faction).
    I really have no idea, but is there a way in steam to prevent the game from downloading a patch? I really don't care about the multiplayer. ( also worried about some of my favourite mods possibly stopping working because of the new patch). Seemingly you can only determine whether steam downloads the update immediatly or when you launch the game.
    I mean, there's always the chance that they will tone the traits or leaver them unchanged, bout it would be nice to know in advance if it can be prevented.
    Of course there's always the possibility that someone will make a mod for it, but can't know in advance.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Default Re: Preventing future patches (17) from being...enabled?

That's mentioned on the steam app, at least for Attila, you can play previous patches. As for Odrysian Kingdom, they needed Dacian spears. As someone whose completed a campaign and AAR as them, they're absolute hell without spear infantry.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

I'm sorry, but "mentioned on the steam app"? I don't quite understand what you mean by that. Would be grateful if you or someone else could elaborate.
    As for odrysia i initially mistook "Thracian Peltasts to be recruitable from all Artisan buildings" as it meaning they could also be recruited from the initial Craftsman's house but realized it only now when i'm writing this that it propably means the other level II buildings. I'm not complaining about the dacian spears ( quite lame to have "dacian" instead of "thracian", but nevermind). Not really a fan of thracian warriors being recruited from the level two place instead of like level one. Really i think odrysia needs a weaker version of a hoplite ( even the game itself mentions it on the odrysian tech "hellenization" that they imitated the greeks in that regard among other things) but thankfully there's mods to fix that. Apologies for writing so much about not-the-subject-of-the-thread.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

I looked it up. Apparently you can only disable the beta patches. Could have sworn I saw that in the announcement on Steam.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Ah, nevermind. I looked at the notes again and have come to the conclusion that the advantages (fixes) outweight the annoyance of having too strong traits. After all, if it becomes too easy i can always up the difficulty.