Thread: EB on Windows 10

Icon9 EB on Windows 10

Hi there, pretty sure some you will have seen the offer of windows 10?

I am tempted to register for the free upgrade but I have all my total war games on disc.

I don't want to take this upgrade and find I cannot play my games or my desktop gets screwed up etc.

What about these sub mods - EB/DARTHMOD/ROMA Surrectum, Third Age etc would the upgrade impact them?

Currently have win 7 home premium installed on machine and all my tw games work perfectly fine

What are your thoughts or advice please?

Default Re: EB on Windows 10

I have had windows 10 installed since the preview build was released, and i must say it's great!!!

No need to worry about your mods or anything, it all works perfectly

I've yet to encounter any gaming related problems in Windows 10

Hi DTM. Perfect answer thank you. I will register now with more confidence and await the update. Apologies if this thread is elsewhere on the site. Hopefully this will give others confidence moving forward with win 10.

Cheers and happy campaigning!

Semisalis

Still, there might be problems with the discs. The copyright protection isnt working too well with windows 10, you might need no cd patches if you dont have those already.

I upgraded to win 10. Did not get very far as the screen resolution was shocking on my monitor and could not change it, plus i could not get to my documents and folders at all via the start menu. Not very pleased with the way win 10 left my machine after the upgrade. So did not even bother trying to play any of my tw games. Have rolled back to win7 now. I'll upgrade to win10 when i have to. For now i am back on stable and familiar ground.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

For issues with Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 updates (as of a week or so ago) in regard to RTW, I've put relevant information and links here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-War-amp-Mods
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Boriak's Avatar Senator

Hope you don't mind me using this thread to ask this.

RTW and EB work fine for me. Even managed to transfer my old saved games from the old computer (Windows 7) to the new one (Win 10). I did, however, notice that movement across the strategic map is remarkably laggy. The new computer is much faster as is the new video card so I find it strange that the strategic map is actually slower.

Every time I played EB on the old computer, I would switch to 'High Performance' and the ventilator would pick up the rpms. The new computer doesn't go into higher gear, probably because it's not working as hard. I checked out the 'Power Options' settings in Win 10 and found that you can only control when the screen shuts down or the computer goes to sleep.

Is there a way for me to make the strategic map less laggy?

Hello guys.

Got RTW (Gold disc version) to work by changing the resolution and adding ''-ne'' to the shortcut path as instructed, but i'm baffled as to how to get EB to work as well. Any suggestions?