Thread: Roland's Loan Sword Ashigaru Unit Pack - Vanilla, Date, Hattori, Oda, & Shimazu - Multi-Mod Support & Encyclopedia Entries

Default Roland's Loan Sword Ashigaru Unit Pack - Vanilla, Date, Hattori, Oda, & Shimazu - Multi-Mod Support & Encyclopedia Entries

This mod adds five units to the Sengoku Jidai Campaign. You can find it at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=480447688

The Loan Sword Ashigaru,
    The Date Loan Sword Ashigaru,
    The Hattori Loan Sword Ashigaru,
    The Oda Loan Sword Ashigaru, &
    The Shimazu Loan Sword Ashigaru.

Plus in-game encyclopedia support! Please download it from the attachments section.

The Loan Sword Ashigaru

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loan2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	305.0 KB 
ID:	327553
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This unit retains its vanilla combat stats from the MP and Ikko Ikki variations but gains the campaign upkeep of the brother ashigarus, yari and bow, which is 75 koku per turn - instead of the original 50 koku per turn, which, of course, is then multiplied as per the upkeep forumula for your particular campaign difficulty. The upkeep is increased in this mod order to balance the unit's great combat potential with a more reasonably expensive unit upkeep. It is perhaps worth even more than 75 koku but I am refraining from raising it any higher. This unit is recruitable at any base level castle or above, just like the Ikko Ikki Loan Sword Ashigaru.

Loan Sword Ashigaru
    Morale: 5
    Attack: 9
    Defense: 2
    Charge: 10
    Armor: 2
    Recruitment: 400 koku
    Upkeep: 75 koku

The Date Loan Sword Ashigaru

Name:	date3.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	317.4 KB 
ID:	327551

In keeping with the traditional Date No-Dachi swordsmanship, this unit receives a +1 bonus to its attack and a +5 bonus to its charge at the cost of any sort of defensive bonus. This hybrid No-Dachi unit also comes with the 12.5% recruitment and 16.66% upkeep discounts that its corresponding unit, the Date No-Dachi Samurai, also receives. Like all Loan Sword Ashigarus this unit is also recruitable at any base level castle or higher.

This unit is likely due for a stats rebalance. I am currently considering +1 attack, +3 charge (this would be +5 charge after Date's inherent +2 charge to all units), and -1 defense. Feel free to discuss this matter in the comments section at the bottom of this page.

These swordsmen surely instill terror while on the charge but once the fighting has begun beware; they are only a 1 attack bonus away from being the equal of any other lowly generic Loan Sword Ashigaru.

Date Loan Sword Ashigaru
    Attack: 10 (+1 attack)
    Charge: 15 (+5 charge)
    Recruitment: 350 koku (-12.5%)
    Upkeep: 62 koku (-16.66%)

The Hattori Loan Sword Ashigaru

Name:	hattori2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	319.3 KB 
ID:	327552

In keeping with the traditional Hattori unit bonuses this unit has received Kisho Training and the increased unit upkeep that comes along with it. This unit, like its brother hattori units, is also now able to hide in light scrub. These Hattori themed changes will enable this unit to be synchronized with the strategy of the rest of the Hattorian army. Along with the other Loan Sword Ashigarus this unit is recruitable at a base level or higher castle.

It's time to fight from the shadows, men.

Hattori Loan Sword Ashigaru
    Attack: 9
    Charge: 10
    Recruitment: 400 koku
    Upkeep: 100 koku (+33%)

The Oda Loan Sword Ashigaru

Name:	oda3.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	302.9 KB 
ID:	327554

In keeping with the traditional Oda ashigaru superiority this unit has received many bonuses. For combat it has received 2 attack, 3 charge, 1 defense, and 1 morale point. For economy it has received a 20% discount to unit recruitment cost and a 33% decrease to unit upkeep cost. You will find this unit to be recruitable at any castle of base level or higher.

Sporting a total of 7 points of stat bonuses this truly is a king of the ashigarus; the foreign Yari Ashigarus will tremble and the Bow Ashigarus will drop their bows in a hasty retreat. Long live the ashigaru armies!

Oda Loan Sword Ashigaru
    Morale: 6 (+1 morale)
    Attack: 11 (+2 attack)
    Defense: 3 (+1 defense)
    Charge: 13 (+3 charge)
    Recruitment: 320 koku (-20%)
    Upkeep: 50 koku (-33%)

The Shimazu Loan Sword Ashigaru

Name:	shimazu3.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	289.1 KB 
ID:	327555

In keeping with the traditional Shimazu swordsmanship bonus and much in the same fashion as the bonuses of the Shimazu Katana Samurai, Shimazu's Loan Sword Ashigaru has received a 3 attack & 1 defense bonus, a 2 charge reduction, a 6.75% cheaper recruitment cost, and a 16.66% cheaper upkeep cost than a generic Loan Sword Ashigaru. This unit is also recruitable at any base level castle or above.

These expert Ashigaru swordsmen boast the strength and patience that comes with disciplined training. They either let the enemy come to them or they advance with patient resolve.

Shimazu Loan Sword Ashigaru
    Attack: 12 (+3 attack)
    Defense: 3 (+1 defense)
    Charge: 8 (-2 charge)
    Recruitment: 375 koku (-6.75%)
    Upkeep: 62 koku (-16.66%)

Unit Experience Bonus From Buildings

This mod also adds building experience bonuses for these five units as listed below.

Castle1:0
    Castle2:0
    Castle3:1
    Castle4:2
    Castle5:3

Encyclopedia Entries

This mod also includes optional encyclopedia entries. As these cannot be included in a .pack they are provided via an attachment on this page. Please check the attachments section to download. Instructions are included in the .zip.

Multi-Mod Support

This mod should not conflict with any other mod. No promises, though. If you find a conflict then please let me know.

A Word From The Author

I'm not a big fan of unit packs. I say this because I find that they tend to include abstract units that have strayed far from the developer's main focus for what sort of units should be available ingame and so I normally avoid them for this reason. After discovering the Ikko Ikki and MP variations of this stock unit I instantly liked it and wanted it in all of my campaigns. After noticing that there was a strange lack of a solid, vanilla, true to the developer's focus mod for this unit I decided to make my own. With the help of Alexandros300 I now present you this mod.

I'm not sure why Creative Assembly left it out of the stock campaign but for the moment I am enjoying having it as a default unit in the campaign. It was probably left out in order to force players to invest in more expensive infantry units. Though this mod is not completely vanilla due to Alexandros300's brilliant Shimazu Loan Sword Ashigaru, my Hattori & Oda Loan Sword Ashigarus, and my increased unit upkeep, I still feel that these two units stay in tune with the developer's intent in unit development. I still don't understand why it had a reduced upkeep, though, in light of its great combat potential.

Credit Where Credit Is Due

A very large amount of credit is due to Alexandros300. Many of the files used for this mod are directly from his "Add Loan Sword Ashigaru Option" mod. My intent in modifying and adding to his original work is to revert the combat stats back to vanilla, increase the unit upkeep, add the unit names ingame, introduce the Date, Hattori, & Oda variations, add building experience bonuses, and to make the mod more compatible with other mods. A very big thank you goes to Alexandros300 for his excellent work.

Alexandros300's mod "Add Loan Sword Ashigaru Option" can be found athttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=169912183
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Roland's Loan Sword Ashigaru Unit Pack - Vanilla, Date, Hattori, Oda, & Shimazu - Multi-Mod Support & Encyclopedia Entries

I need to update the attachment with a new .zip. That one has a mistake in the html. I, however, do not have the privilege of editing my own posts. This is troublesome.

Default Re: Roland's Loan Sword Ashigaru Unit Pack - Vanilla, Date, Hattori, Oda, & Shimazu - Multi-Mod Support & Encyclopedia Entries

Please download the encyclopedia files from https://www.mediafire.com/?whwb171osboo61n for the time being. Sorry for the trouble.

This doesn't work for me, the units don't appear in campaign, only in custom battle.
    Last edited by Livin La Vida Loca; August 07, 2017 at 02:30 PM.