Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: [UPD 28 SEP 2020] Preview: Campaign Map

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: [UPD 26/07/2015] Preview: Campaign Map

There is no.
    And I doubt there is people working on map in other mods.

Sure however you guys make it work it'll be awesome, I'm not a modder at all but hopefully you guys find a way to use water or trees to block off the mountains. Anyway keep up the awesome work!!!

There is a Petition for a Campaign Map Editor for Total War Attila.

https://www.change.org/p/total-war-a...edium=copylink

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu View Post
    There is a Petition for a Campaign Map Editor for Total War Attila.

https://www.change.org/p/total-war-a...edium=copylink
    yes the team knows of it
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I just wanna say. Iīve been following the forums of twc for some years. Mostly you guys are the reason i registered. Iīm totally amazed for the difficulty of making this project with the available tools and your efforts to make this mod true.

My sincere thank you and the best wishes. It looks wonderful so far.

Yesterday, when I tried to fell asleep, a question occoured in my sleep seeking head:

What if the AI "just" besieges the Black Gate and isnīt going to attack?
    Iīm sure you know what I mean, before Rome 2 the AI could siege till the city surrendered, or the besieged made a sally forth... Well donīt know if this can happend with Attila AI, cause in Rome 2 the AI wasnīt able to wait much longer than one turn, and as I havenīt played Attila yet I canīt judge the AI behavior in terms of siege...
    If sieging till the end is a possible behavior for the Atttila AI, than the defender of the Black Gate has a little problem, how does he break the siege? Because of the nature of the Black Gate if it is closed, it is closed and no one comes through, as ideal this is for a defender, if you have to sally forth it is a big problem if you canīt march out due to a closed wall.

Well after making my point, here are my suggestions to solve the problem:

1. Donīt know if possible, but could you make a closed and an open Black Gate battle model? And would it possible that the open one would be on the battlemap when sallying forth, the closed one when the sieging army attackes?

2. My first suggestion would be cool, but I fear it would be to complicated to make, so an easier way would be to place a part of the deploymentzone in front of the Black Gate so it can be used for sally forth positioning.

3. The intention of a siege is to cut the besieged of from supplies, starve them to death and walk over their copses if they donīt surrender. This happens by blockading all supplieroutes due to surrounding of the besieged. THIS method canīt work with the Black Gate! It is impossible to starve the garrison there to death, simply because the supplieroutes are comming out of Mordor and that lies behind the Black Gate! So, if possible, I would recoment to set the number of turns it takes to starve the Black Gate to an as high value as possible to.

As I said, this qeustion came to my mind and I thought about it, would love to hear what the plans of the team are.^^
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Don Juan_de_Austria View Post
    Yesterday, when I tried to fell asleep, a question occoured in my sleep seeking head:

What if the AI "just" besieges the Black Gate and isnīt going to attack?
    Iīm sure you know what I mean, before Rome 2 the AI could siege till the city surrendered, or the besieged made a sally forth... Well donīt know if this can happend with Attila AI, cause in Rome 2 the AI wasnīt able to wait much longer than one turn, and as I havenīt played Attila yet I canīt judge the AI behavior in terms of siege...
    If sieging till the end is a possible behavior for the Atttila AI, than the defender of the Black Gate has a little problem, how does he break the siege? Because of the nature of the Black Gate if it is closed, it is closed and no one comes through, as ideal this is for a defender, if you have to sally forth it is a big problem if you canīt march out due to a closed wall.

Well after making my point, here are my suggestions to solve the problem:

1. Donīt know if possible, but could you make a closed and an open Black Gate battle model? And would it possible that the open one would be on the battlemap when sallying forth, the closed one when the sieging army attackes?

2. My first suggestion would be cool, but I fear it would be to complicated to make, so an easier way would be to place a part of the deploymentzone in front of the Black Gate so it can be used for sally forth positioning.

3. The intention of a siege is to cut the besieged of from supplies, starve them to death and walk over their copses if they donīt surrender. This happens by blockading all supplieroutes due to surrounding of the besieged. THIS method canīt work with the Black Gate! It is impossible to starve the garrison there to death, simply because the supplieroutes are comming out of Mordor and that lies behind the Black Gate! So, if possible, I would recoment to set the number of turns it takes to starve the Black Gate to an as high value as possible to.

As I said, this qeustion came to my mind and I thought about it, would love to hear what the plans of the team are.^^
    Yeah those are some very interesting thoughts. The Black Gate is incredibly important to a defensive Mordor, that's for certain, and should be made very strong and usable.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Thanks for the input! There was a short discussion about the logics of the black gate some time before, too. Please trust us if we say that we are going to try to create the black gate with all these things and logics in mind.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

I have very much confidence in you and your team for creating a glorious Middle Earth mod!
    (If you and I are thinking about the same discussion in this thread I was involved^^) As said, I just wanted to come up with something that I thought would be a interessting little problem/game mecanic.^^
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

How about this map? Found it here
    http://bogost.com/writing/blog/where...ld_was_middle/

And aparently is an attempt to put ME in our own world
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

Celebon21's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [UPD 26 JUL 2015] Preview: Campaign Map

around how many cities are you guys thinking about adding as the map currently stands?

To do Tolkien right you should have planned the mod map better and put the Hobbit's land in England. That would of course have required to raise a lot of land in the English channel above sea level. But the harder the work for the modders the more joy when it's finally done.

Tiro

Amazing Work Guys but Just a question... who the hell are the WainRiders ? and which is the difference with the Balchoth ?

I have never seen the Easterlings Splitted in two factions ...

Actually easterlings were split on three factions but it's outdated. Nowadays there's only 'easterlings' faction.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    Actually easterlings were split on three factions but it's outdated. Nowadays there's only 'easterlings' faction.
    +1

Laetus

dont give up guys, such a shame its not possible to do more but keep going

Hey guys I know you guys are pretty far into the game but here me out with this, why not create to mods? I know the map is a big issue, and you guys are trying you best to work with what CA has limited to you guys but why not create to mods, each with two different maps.

One mod would be: the War in the North. The other the war in the South. Similar to the BFME games EA made. It'll be a smaller game but I think you guys could fit middle earth more accurately that way.

Thoughts?

To follow RoM updates we recommend to join our discord as we can't manage TWC any longer:
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; September 28, 2020 at 04:06 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456