Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 28 SEP 2020] Preview: Campaign Map

Default Re: [16/07/2015] Preview: Campaign Map

Do yall have an estimated release date yet? Even if it is a year away? Love how yall are working to complete this despite the lacking on CA's part with the campaign map. I wish there was a way i could work on mods, yet i know little to nothing.

Also will this be available to play in a multiplayer campaign?

Hmm... I love your attitude: Trying to accomplish this mod with the restricted tools you have been given, however, if you actually use the map you have shown us on the first page: Won't it be to small settlement-wise? By hiding the Iberian peninsula under the ocean and a part of Africa you lose out on lots of settlements unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by MajorEarl12 View Post
    Also will this be available to play in a multiplayer campaign?
    Yes, as long as you have the same version of the mod, you can play mulitplayer with others like normal. Just because you dont know how to mod units does not mean you cant help there is lots of other work to do, think about your skills and i bet you will see a way you can help!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post

I believe all of you already aware that we are unable to have Middle Earth map for Attila.
    It didn't stop us and we started a lot of discussions and decided to bake Middle-Earth map on Europe map.
    Please, don't panic. We will change Europe map as much as possible and I would say it will be 50% ME map and 50% EU map.
    Only shapes of the map will be equal to the Europe map but not the heightmap and it's visual looking. We plan to create such famous ME tiles as Misty Mountains (and of course all other mountain lines), Mirkwood, Rammas Echor, Gates of Argonath and other.

Members working on the campaign map:
    - uanime5, Mr.J

Preview

FACTIONS MAP
    With the limited options available for the campaign map, the idea looks pretty good.
    My only concern is harad being to big and some other factions being to small.
    A few ideas to solve this:

1. Avari elves in persis (they live east and you plan on making that forest , so logic place for them to live and good for game balance
    2. give khwarasan and makran to orcani
    3. Media antropotene and spahan to khand
    4. Caucasia to wainriders and dorwinion
    5. Make Eastern part of hyperborea into erebor, and add the northern part (what is now erebor ) to Iron hills
    6.add raetia et noricum to dunland

This will make small factions bagger and balance harad out (harad remains the biggest factions but not to big anymore)

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

I agree with most of this but a little on the edge about the avari elves bit, still I think these might be good changes to look into
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Sanmaya View Post
    With the limited options available for the campaign map, the idea looks pretty good.
    My only concern is harad being to big and some other factions being to small.
    A few ideas to solve this:

1. Avari elves in persis (they live east and you plan on making that forest , so logic place for them to live and good for game balance
    2. give khwarasan and makran to orcani
    3. Media antropotene and spahan to khand
    4. Caucasia to wainriders and dorwinion
    5. Make Eastern part of hyperborea into erebor, and add the northern part (what is now erebor ) to Iron hills
    6.add raetia et noricum to dunland

This will make small factions bagger and balance harad out (harad remains the biggest factions but not to big anymore)
    Hyberborea? Isn't that a utopian land in the far North according to mythology?
    Last edited by Alkar; July 22, 2015 at 03:12 PM.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Lol wouldn't know.
    But off course I mean hyperborea

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Sanmaya View Post
    Lol wouldn't know.
    But off course I mean hyperborea
    Sorry, I put an o instead of an e​ lol. Hyberborea is what a meant.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Default Re: [UPD 16/07/2015] Preview: Campaign Map

Just throwing in my concept in this tread, i think its pretty near to middle earth althought the east could be altered eventually (dale at mare caspium would be perfect but its hard to get it with the easterling factions)
    Changes to some parts of the seas are just an aesthetical option. I dont know whether it cause problems with the Ai or not, but you should try it.
    Just leave some comments how do you like it

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mittelerde.pdf 
Views:	75 
Size:	681.6 KB 
ID:	328049 or here the URL to the picture; http://postimg.org/image/xrhhbc2bv/

Default Re: [UPD 16/07/2015] Preview: Campaign Map

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenburrg View Post
    Just throwing in my concept in this tread, i think its pretty near to middle earth althought the east could be altered eventually (dale at mare caspium would be perfect but its hard to get it with the easterling factions)
    Changes to some parts of the seas are just an aesthetical option. I dont know whether it cause problems with the Ai or not, but you should try it.
    Just leave some comments how do you like it

Name:	Mittelerde.pdf 
Views:	75 
Size:	681.6 KB 
ID:	328049 or here the URL to the picture; http://postimg.org/image/xrhhbc2bv/
    I like it a lot but the only problem with leaving out France and Spain is that you lose a lot of settlements. So maybe you could add a couple of settlements from France.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: [UPD 26/07/2015] Preview: Campaign Map

New map concepts out. Check out the first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    New map concepts out. Check out the first post in this thread.
    Well this map concept looks awesome!!!
    With exception of the black sea it is very Middleearth like! So gratulation, the tears and sweat you put into it have craeted a excelent result!
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

I have to say, this new map seems perfect.

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Okay wow, i dont even recognise Europe, this is great, its cool because i remember saying things like this prior to the new map plan update. Too great, im running out of ways to say "im so happy and excited for this mod". Help!

What is hype may never die
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Ok, challenge accepted

Name:	Mittelerde 2.pdf 
Views:	85 
Size:	713.1 KB 
ID:	328115, or URL; http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uplo...1rzpekgma4.png

And to compare it: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...erde-karte.jpg
    Dol Guldur has to be in the left purple region, Misty Mountains have to be a bit nearer to Rivendell and some locations (like Dale which is to far from Lonely Mountain) simply dont fit with Attila Map, but otherwise its pretty near

Disadvantages:
    1. there are unfortunately even less provinces than than in my previous concept, but otherwise you are right, Mr. J., it looks even more like ME (althought the countours could be formed through the alteration of some
    parts of the adrianic sea)

Advantages:

1. Arnor looks EXACTLY like it is represented in templates (such as Battle of Middle Earth or sth like that)
    1b. All factions are placed a little bit higher as in my previous concept, like its on ME maps, now Angmar/ Gundabad is in northeast of Arnor
    2. Lindon is extended to your wishes, Mr. J
    3. Ered Luin has been extended and forms a border between Harlond/Forlond and Eriador, like you did it in your concept
    4. Hobbingen or Bree were saved, one of them should have gone (come on, ME without Hobbingen?! )
    5. Icebay of Forochel fits with the baltic sea, at least a little bit
    6. Enedwaith could be placed in a good way
    7. Isengard and Dunland are placed as you wish
    8. Important places could be implemented well (for example Hobbingen, Bree, Amon Sul and Rivendell are still on nearly the same high, like it is on original maps), even important places in Mordor
    9. Orcs are spread over whole MM (and netherless they have some connecting points, especially if Carrock/ Beorns Halls is one of their regions)
    10. Dol Guldur and Woodland Realm have still two regions
    11. All eastlings (except Balcoth, which have one region more after all) are in the position you wanted
    12. Dale has still the water output (Laketown belongs to Dale like bananas to monkeys )
    13. I dont know, why you made Mordor and Khand smaller (Morder could get to weak to stand against Gondor) and Harad so huge but your will will happen
    14. Finally; nearly all factions have the oppurtunity to expand, confederate or fight against their archenemies after a couple of turns

I know many of this advantages were already in your map but I tried to get the best out of it and match the previous concept and yours
    Hope you like it. If not ... reject it, you are the Boss

Thanks for your input again! Let's see what we can do with it and if there're things we can improve.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

1. I like the changes you did to Arnor and Misty Mountains(and results of it: rivendell etc.)
    2. Red lines mean desolated regions. The north region above Gundabad faction is old region of Agnmar, now desolated but can be used again if Angmar rises.
    3. Mirkwood region now needs to be changed if I want to accept your MM and Arnor changes. But I don't wanna move Lorien or remove Easterlings from Crimea. In current way Balchoth can land-attack Rohan which is lore. Plus Balchoth - the strongest Easterlings faction and has only one region, not rly nice.
    4. Dale never contacted with DG by lands but Balchoth did. We can add our own rivers on the map which means on my latest map we can just add River through Laketown. Seems like on my current map there's only one settlement, so probably Dale will be desolated location (model) but not the settlement.
    5. Just take a look on my geography map and see the shapes of Mordor mountains. They look exactly like ME map. And mountains match provinces borders which means Mordor mountains will be only on Mordor territory, not harad or gondor.
    6. I'm thinking about expanding Variags of Khand but on current map I tried to make few locations for harad tribes: Harondor tribes, near Khand tribes, near Umbar tribes and Far Harad tribes. So in future these 4 regions can be split on 4 sub-harad factions, like we did for Rhun.

That's all, I think we are very close to the ME map at next point. I wish we could add land to gondor territories and cover Black Sea with land and it could become 90% of ME map. But otherwise it's very nice achievement.

Ok, seems that the only real bone of contention is Dale and Balcoth, all other plans are really nice
    Bt why not to give crimea to balcoth but leave Laketown to Dale, Dol Guldur can be placed in left purple region in any case (so balcoth is bigger and have two ports to attack rohan). If not; I think your plan making dale (but eventually better Laketown after Smaug´s attack) simply a desolate location is also a good way. And why not moving Lorien? On ME maps Woods of Lorien are directly above of Fangorn and verge at MM.

Beside of this I think the matched map is the closest thing to ME we can get and I am very excited that the considerations lead to such a glorious result after the frustration over the modding tools

And, sry to post it here but your idea to rise Angmar again brings me to an idea for a concept of Arnor
    Eventually Arnor could named at start Dunedain or Descendants of Arnor, having perhabs one-two regions of desolated Arnor or are simply one-two hordes. They have rudimentary Arnor troops and have to rebuild the old cities of Arnor (all white regions on the map). As soon as they did this, they have the opportunity to confederate with Shire/Bree. I think a new confederation will be renamed in Attila so ...baam... you ve got Arnor with all Arnor and Eriador troops. Same opportunity evt. for Shire/Bree, Gondor or Rivendell, which have to confederate after rebuilding all Arnor settlements with Dunedain. Simply to make and effective

I am just very hyped for this project, so I have to throw this idea in, but now I let you work and fulfill your plans

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast