Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 28 SEP 2020] Preview: Campaign Map

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Icon4 [UPD 28 SEP 2020] Preview: Campaign Map

Please keep in mind that all things that are discussed here are concepts and ideas at the time! At a later point things may much differ from the current designs!

I believe all of you already aware that we are unable to have Middle Earth map for Attila.
    It didn't stop us and we started a lot of discussions and decided to bake Middle-Earth map on Europe map.
    Please, don't panic. We will change Europe map as much as possible and I would say it will be 50% ME map and 50% EU map.
    Only shapes of the map will be equal to the Europe map but not the heightmap and it's visual looking. We plan to create such famous ME tiles as Misty Mountains (and of course all other mountain lines), Mirkwood, Rammas Echor, Gates of Argonath and other.

Members working on the campaign map:
    - uanime5, Mr.J

Preview

POLITIC MAP
    GEOGRAPHY MAP
    Last edited by Vikus van de Merwe; August 20, 2015 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Logo update

Default Re: [16/07/2015] Preview: Campaign Map

Please, note, factions map is a concept at the moment and in near few days we will start adding our factions over Europe map.

Very very very rough draft of geography map:
    GEOGRAPHY

To be honest I'm a bit frustrated we are so limited. I have very mixed feelings between lotr and europe. Of course we will try to unbalance map for ME and less for Europe.

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

I have confidence in you as a team from what I have seen so far, it would be great imo if places were not recongnisable, then at least as a player we can forget that our armies are marching through France haha. Good luck and good ideas with the poor options you have! You can do it
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Will there be desert rather than steppe in harad btw? I'm still hyped for this!
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

Yes there will be deset in harad. Generally.

Nice, is it possible to fill in the sea under Saudia Arabia so that it looks like a large expansive land mass like ME map Harad (Arabian sea), even if armies cannot path find to it? Also would it make sense to put Italy under water so it looks like Gondor? (Some friends ideas who do not have an account on the forums)

If not then don't worry, I just like giving ideas or contributing in any way I can. Again, nice work and look forward to development previews in the future !
    Last edited by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf; July 16, 2015 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf View Post
    Nice, is it possible to fill in the sea under Saudia Arabia so that it looks like a large expansive land mass like ME map Harad (Arabian sea), even if armies cannot path find to it? Also would it make sense to put Italy under water so it looks like Gondor? (Some friends ideas who do not have an account on the forums)

If not then don't worry, I just like giving ideas or contributing in any way I can. Again, nice work and look forward to development previews in the future !
    I also think sinking italy is a good idea. im not sure about filling in the sea, if we can fill in sea, we could make a pretty accurate map, there just would be a lot of boats moving in the desert lol

Yeah sorry if Im a little in the dark on what's possible or not, I just heard someone mention something similar so assumed :$ if possible it would be great ofc, I for one am not bothered about seeing boats haha

1. If you put Italy under water do you think Gondor will have enough power?
    2. I planned Italy to be Dol Amroth so even geographically it looks like part-independent from Gondor.
    3. Even at this moment I'm not sure if it's good idea to put any landmasses under water and put landmasses above water. First off we are planning to create stable mod. Such actions can confuse AI and make it stupid with wierd bugs and even can occur crashes. Plan B will be desolate Spain and Africa and lock availability to rebuilt settlements in those zones.

I think Gondor would still be powerful with buffs and set buildings etc, but I understand from the Ai perspective, well it's rather interesting.... I suppose the future will tell what is possible and not then, very curious on what your team can discover

I have a question to see the map. What's the point of playing with the dwarves of the Iron Hills, for example.They are surrounded by Allies and expansion will be really very very difficult to see the map, so here that's my question. That objective will have these features as surrounded by allies?

For me the choice of features for each part of the map is perfect

Thanks.
    First off Erebor in dangerous from Balchoth so IH can come for help. Same goes to Dale. Dale is weak kingdom so with powerful attack will fall fast.
    And all in all many people would love to unite all dwarves

I was so excited with this mod,but when i saw the map...well..this mod might not be so cool.If you had more modding tools available...

Privatecamping's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by iuly23 View Post
    I was so excited with this mod,but when i saw the map...well..this mod might not be so cool.If you had more modding tools available...
    I dont really understad you... is it our fault that we cant propperlyr change the map or is it CAs fault? Pls if you dont like the mod dont make these stupid comments. From the begining we said that we dont know what will happen with the map (will it be editable or not) and how the hell should we make modding tools for the map when the map is hard coded??? Just dont spread negative altitude because I see that mr J is already frustrated and he is trying to stay positive and make you a map that will be very close to ME. So if you dont like the mod just dont comment and demoralise the team and the community

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Privatecamping View Post
    I dont really understad you... is it our fault that we cant propperlyr change the map or is it CAs fault? Pls if you dont like the mod dont make these stupid comments. From the begining we said that we dont know what will happen with the map (will it be editable or not) and how the hell should we make modding tools for the map when the map is hard coded??? Just dont spread negative altitude because I see that mr J is already frustrated and he is trying to stay positive and make you a map that will be very close to ME. So if you dont like the mod just dont comment and demoralise the team and the community
    agree and to suport the team I LOVE THIS MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    keep up the good work experts which are better than CA IMO
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Well said man

Quote Originally Posted by iuly23 View Post
    Yeah it's understandable and such comments were supposed to appear at some point. Same will happen to sound modding as we are unable to edit music in Attila as well.
    Only these two major problems. But we are still would love to recruit programmers. They can save whole Attila community and make this game legendary like Medieval 2.
    You can ask how the hell some programmers can do this? Easily. Yes campaign map and music(soundtracks and voices and AO music etc) are hardcoded. But everything what is coded can be decoded. It needs a lot of time to decode, much more time for testing and some while to create a tool. All in all I'd say it may take 3-6 months for expirienced programmers to make tool which converts Attila map into images. Images can be edited -> map can be edited. Map structure is exactly the same as it was in Medieval 2 - a bunch of images and some codding (easily editable). The difference is map images are coded into binary files. Expirirenced programmers can read these binary files, encode them and make tools.
    So there you go. Wanna support the mod - find programmers who will agree to create converter. I already seen few comments from programmers but I never had a chance to contact them as they didn't reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    Yeah it's understandable and such comments were supposed to appear at some point. Same will happen to sound modding as we are unable to edit music in Attila as well.
    Only these two major problems. But we are still would love to recruit programmers. They can save whole Attila community and make this game legendary like Medieval 2.
    You can ask how the hell some programmers can do this? Easily. Yes campaign map and music(soundtracks and voices and AO music etc) are hardcoded. But everything what is coded can be decoded. It needs a lot of time to decode, much more time for testing and some while to create a tool. All in all I'd say it may take 3-6 months for expirienced programmers to make tool which converts Attila map into images. Images can be edited -> map can be edited. Map structure is exactly the same as it was in Medieval 2 - a bunch of images and some codding (easily editable). The difference is map images are coded into binary files. Expirirenced programmers can read these binary files, encode them and make tools.
    So there you go. Wanna support the mod - find programmers who will agree to create converter. I already seen few comments from programmers but I never had a chance to contact them as they didn't reply.
    Is there a thread or something where I can find more information regarding this?
    Im very interested in giving it a try and see what I'm able to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by alvaro1992 View Post
    Is there a thread or something where I can find more information regarding this?
    Im very interested in giving it a try and see what I'm able to find out.
    Find more information about creating unofficial tools?
    Are you a programmer?
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; September 28, 2020 at 03:59 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast