Thread: deku plowers invicibility bug

Default deku plowers invicibility bug

hello or the first time i had a battle against the deku as the darknut, i was doing fine until they sent "deku plowers" at me and all of a sudden my darknut units started to stand still doing nothing as these plowers plowed through all of my soldiers with multiple units 'attacking' them but instead just sitting still and dieing. so 50 plowers were able to wipe my army without losing a single plower

this is a problem for fairy beam golems and moblin's demise but come on, plowers are tiny and numerous why are they immune to melee damage?

Default Re: deku plowers invicibility bug

It's the hit boxes. Theyre so small it somehow affects their ability to defend against blows, making them nigh invulnerable.

You are probably right, Kokiri Mudmen had no problem fighting my Plowers but town and castle guard have no effect.

Also while on the topic of Deku I noticed Camo Scrubs have 5 in melee attack and 1 in missile, however when I lead them into melee they seem to just run around the enemy occasionally stopping to ram them even with skirmish off.

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Senaron View Post
    It's the hit boxes. Theyre so small it somehow affects their ability to defend against blows, making them nigh invulnerable.
    Which is odd because they are not the smallest unit in the game, but there has never been any problems with those, so why do the plowers have the bug? Keep in mind though that they also have 8 hit points for some reason.

When I change the Plowers from Cavalry to Elephants. I may have change their animation. Which could be the reason for the small hit box. Depending on which unit animation I gave them. But that's just speculation.

Alright so I lowered all the Plower's stats to 1 so to see if any unit could actually kill it and then proceeded to surround two units with hordes of river zora, Manhunters and Baruuda Kan (Cyclops Ku) were able to kill them while my Raiders, Swampmen and Geozards died quickly and did no damage. Also when I was playing Deku with un-edited Plower stats (that crazy 8 hp) I've seen Mudmen of Faron and Emerald Archers kill my Plowers, it seems any spear user or unit that has fire based attacks can get through the Plower's invincibility, I think it may be due to either the fact that they are considered a type of cavalry and spears get a bonus against cavalry along with the fact that they are Deku and catch fire easily or maybe the spears are long enough that they can reach the hitbox as can missile attacks.

Where can I edit their stats?

Quote Originally Posted by warl0rd13 View Post
    Where can I edit their stats?
    Some of there stats can be edited from here: export_descr_unit
    It's found here: Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data
    But there are other stats that are a part of there animation, and model. And there are even more related to the mounts and weapons(Ranged and melee)

OK, any way I can edit unit numbers? I wanna give the Iron Knuckles a buff but I don't want to mess it all up.

I know you can edit the amount of soldiers in a group through export_descr_unit just like some of their stats, just look for the Soldier option it should be the second option from the unit type like (soldier Bronze_Knuckle, 25, 0, 50) and 25 would be the soldier count, you might have to mess with the formations though, not sure as I haven't messed with unit count much yet.

Thanks, works just fine.

I've managed to fix their invincibility, I had to change their mount files to that of an Armogohma and switch around their stats as they were still extremely durable even without their invincibility as they were still able to kill about half my army with one unit. They may be a bit weak now but feel free to buff them up a bit, or weaken them if they still ravage all opposition.

In order to fix the bug just replace your plowers section in export_descr_unit with the first file's text and your plowers section in descr_mount with the second file's text, if the game wont start up it's probably due to the spacing of the text. If any problems arise just let me know. Also sorry about not just typing the text in this post, every time I went to preview it the spacing got all messed up and that would crash the game if you put that in.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oaaah thank you! You saved me!

oh wow. i had given up on this topic thinking there was going to be no reply. im glad that when i made another topic i looked around to see if there was another of mine around. so in 4.0 are the deku plowers still invincible? do i still need the 'Plower Text Fix' above?
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

Quote Originally Posted by probmfixn View Post
    oh wow. i had given up on this topic thinking there was going to be no reply. im glad that when i made another topic i looked around to see if there was another of mine around. so in 4.0 are the deku plowers still invincible? do i still need the 'Plower Text Fix' above?
    I'll have to try them out again and get back to you.

ok thanks
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    I'll have to try them out again and get back to you.
    Plowers are badly Bugged.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plowers are bugged out.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	334155
    That's their hole unit just sitting there. As if they were a tree on the map. That I can't move or do any thing with.
    I have another unit in that pic. So that's why the enemy has a few died troops. The enemy and my plower unit can't damage each other. Though a few of the enemy troops try to attack my plowers, if they are not pushed back by some force field first.

will the above 'Plower Text Fix' still fix them?
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

I know what that there problem is. In their EDU entry go to this line:

stat_health 1, 0

and change it to this:

stat_health 1, 1

The second number is the heath for the mount, it was set to 0. I noticed the Manhadalites are missing it too, so you might want to add that to them also.

ok ill do that then
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!