Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Submod] New AI Mod for DEI!!!

Drakeb22's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Submod] New AI Mod for DEI!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigera View Post
    Can you please upload the latest version of your mod somewhere different from steam ?

I gave the mod a try (the older version). I played as the Nervii - VH/N. at around turn number 40 I have already gained control of all of Gaul with only 2 battles in the region. All confederated with me (except the atrebates, they are a military allies of mine). And I dont want to speak ill of the mod, cause I have really big expectaions for it, but the mere 40 turns that I played were really easy. On the other hand the second abttle was just what I expect from the mod. after I confederated with the arverni (my allies killed off their army just before the confederation) the Volcae and the Vivisci declared war on me simultaniously and organised a full attack with their forces on my army that was blockading the nearest bridge. It was a fierce 5000 vs their 8000 troops battle! And they actually managed to kill off more than half of my forces (although most of them basic units form the confederating). After the battle they were left with absolutly no army and they confederated with me as well. Now that was reasonable and I liked it. They had no other choice. But in any other case confederating with the enemy although having standing armies seems quite unrealistic and overly easy.

Thank you for the work you have put to create this mod and I believe it will be getting better. It really has HUGE potential. I am looking forward to testing your newer version, so please upload it somewhere other than steam. I will give feedback after I test it.

Cheers!
    I have the most recent version on mediafire now, here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zt...n/01deiai.pack

Thanks a lot ! I will give feedback when I got some turns on it. What I can include to my previous post is not a game breaker but still annoying. It concerns diplomacy. THe point is that I got rich like 100k + in the treasury +20k per turn and every turn 15 + factions from all around the world are trying to make me give them money like : military access if I give 8k no matter that the faction is on the other end of the world.. and this happens every turn. Maybe something can be done about that a decline would mean something, I mean if someone asks me for a non-aggresive pact and I decline .. that surely means that I won't agree on the next turn as well. Plus the way that it is provides the player with the perk of blackmailing the AI and getting maxx gold off a deal. I remember in old total war that if you get a decline .. there is little or no chance of further acceptance. Not sure if this is possible.. just giving my idea.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot ! I will give feedback when I got some turns on it. What I can include to my previous post is not a game breaker but still annoying. It concerns diplomacy. THe point is that I got rich like 100k + in the treasury +20k per turn and every turn 15 + factions from all around the world are trying to make me give them money like : military access if I give 8k no matter that the faction is on the other end of the world.. and this happens every turn. Maybe something can be done about that a decline would mean something, I mean if someone asks me for a non-aggresive pact and I decline .. that surely means that I won't agree on the next turn as well. Plus the way that it is provides the player with the perk of blackmailing the AI and getting maxx gold off a deal. I remember in old total war that if you get a decline .. there is little or no chance of further acceptance. Not sure if this is possible.. just giving my idea.

Cheers!
    I also suffered from diplomacy spam in my previous game, which I played on Normal. I now play on Very Hard and I rarely get these offers. AI becomes tighter on diplomacy deals so you need to have far more cash before something seems acceptable to them. Even when I had 20K+ I wasn't spammed like before.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Well. It is common knowledge that diplomacy gets tougher when you increase the difficulty. That goes with or without any mods or submods.

I play on VH only. So it is not that the case.

Just 20 turns in as Carthage Barcid family (for the diplomacy cons) and I must say that thigs are not looking bad at all, I really feel the change in this update. Although some diplomatic issues and too many factions being afraid of me, cause its a large faction, and I have been having wars in spain and I feel like they are mostly passive towards me even when at war. Now the good thing, no Great thing! Rome declared war on turn number 1 and we have been constantly battling over sicily since then, of course I am playing a bit defensive against them, dont want to rush them, however they managed to do really good things on the campaign map in terms of countless stacks on my positions in sicily. Although the BAI is dumb as had one army of 1000 troops defeat armyes of 3000 then 2000 and then a 1000 men in one turn... but they sure keep me occupied ! And I love it. Right now they are attacking my city of Syracuse with almost all elite army ! And I might even lose this time which really makes me soo looking to it ! We will see how this develops.

Cheers!

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

Does this mod work with ptach 17?

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    Meraun | HIVE | Community Veteran

I'm about 150 turn's in my Roman campaign with this mod. I have got to say that its really really good. +rep to the author. I've tried using the better Cai mod that is real popular but it's way too unrealistic to have everyone hate you, and never ever sign peace treaty's or accept client state offers. This mod makes diplomacy mean something. My campaign started off with me slowly building alliances and infrastructure. At about 30 turns in, Carthage declared war on Syracuse which pulled me into their war. Carthage took Syracuse while I was building an army and I had to fight a series of major battles to liberate them. I then took Lilybaum, and kicked Carthage out of Sicily. A few turns later, they sent a ship and landed in southern Italy and started to raid. I had to leave Lilybaum to deal with the problem. As soon as I was far enough away, another Carth. stack showed up and took back Lilybaum and then proceeded to siege Syracuse. I finally caught both armies and defeated them and kicked Carthage out of Sicily again. I think that this put Carthage in financial trouble because they sued for peace. Since that war, I've been up north dealing with barbarians, and trying to turn the ones close to my borders into client states. Carthage has expanded and taken or made client states out of most of North Africa and have now expanded a little into Spain. The build up has me real worried, I i'm racing to get the barbarians under control before they decide to declare war on me or Syracuse again. I cannot say enough about this Mod, it has really turned into the best and most challenging campaign I've played without losing the sense believability that some other mods trade for the sake of being harder. You should really try this one out!

Quote Originally Posted by Meraun View Post
    Does this mod work with ptach 17?
    I've been playing with patch 17, and It doesn't seem to effect anything.

Drakeb22's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by tikijoetots37 View Post
    I'm about 150 turn's in my Roman campaign with this mod. I have got to say that its really really good. +rep to the author. I've tried using the better Cai mod that is real popular but it's way too unrealistic to have everyone hate you, and never ever sign peace treaty's or accept client state offers. This mod makes diplomacy mean something. My campaign started off with me slowly building alliances and infrastructure. At about 30 turns in, Carthage declared war on Syracuse which pulled me into their war. Carthage took Syracuse while I was building an army and I had to fight a series of major battles to liberate them. I then took Lilybaum, and kicked Carthage out of Sicily. A few turns later, they sent a ship and landed in southern Italy and started to raid. I had to leave Lilybaum to deal with the problem. As soon as I was far enough away, another Carth. stack showed up and took back Lilybaum and then proceeded to siege Syracuse. I finally caught both armies and defeated them and kicked Carthage out of Sicily again. I think that this put Carthage in financial trouble because they sued for peace. Since that war, I've been up north dealing with barbarians, and trying to turn the ones close to my borders into client states. Carthage has expanded and taken or made client states out of most of North Africa and have now expanded a little into Spain. The build up has me real worried, I i'm racing to get the barbarians under control before they decide to declare war on me or Syracuse again. I cannot say enough about this Mod, it has really turned into the best and most challenging campaign I've played without losing the sense believability that some other mods trade for the sake of being harder. You should really try this one out!
    Carthage loses a war to rome, begins rebuilding, Rome grows weary of their growing power... It sounds like you need to follow the advice of Cato the Elder on this one.

Carthago delenda est

Glad your enjoying the mod

Factions accept trade agreements and break them 1-2 turns later. Once that happens, you never get a trade agreement back. Is this intended?

Cheers

Scion of Africanus's Avatar Libertus

Cheers!
    Salve.
    Alas, this is the phenomenon known as Total Pickup Lines.
    This submod cannot be responsible for this admittedly odd AI diplomatic behavior. Although I have been following this thread since its inception, I play vanilla DeI in its patch 16 iteration and I have experienced the exact same diplomacy requests as you. Mind you, this occurred far before my treasury's growth to 200k and I continue receiving between 2 and 4 requests like this every turn from various factions.
    Once having found the other faction's requests (and replies to my declines) quite humorous, I now despise them as a buxom belle hates pickup lines.
    Do not complain, my friend. You are rich and well-endowed and have men who lust after your treasure chest. Any girl would kill to be in your position.
    "All warfare is based on deception."

Default [Submod] New AI Mod for DEI!!!

Ive never seen this with the current DeI version so why couldnt this submod be responsible for this odd behaviour? If it was because of DeI, we as the testers would most likely have seen it. Havent been any reports of this not even from other players.

Scion of Africanus's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Ive never seen this with the current DeI version so why couldnt this submod be responsible for this odd behaviour? If it was because of DeI, we as the testers would most likely have seen it. Havent been any reports of this not even from other players.
    As I said, I do not have this submod and I am experiencing the same issue. I am currently at turn 180 with 229k and I receive these diplomacy requests from at least 2 different factions every turn, without fail. This has been happening for several turns now, probably and at least since my treasury reached 100k, though I'm not sure exactly when that was.
    Perhaps it was never reported precisely because other players think of it as I do; at worst, it is merely a trivial nuisance.
    Pardon if I temporarily derailed this thread, I was merely providing an observation in regard to his post.
    "All warfare is based on deception."

Ah. My mistake. They do have a tendency to ask for everything once you get alot of gold but they shouldnt be like this for the entire campaign. And sorry for hijacking the thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123