Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] New AI Mod for DEI!!!

Miraklum's Avatar Libertus

Icon6 [Submod] New AI Mod for DEI!!!

Just check this out, because it will be a complete game changer and the author is asking for feedback.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=473403161

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: New AI Mod for DEI!!!

I will check it out.

wow sounds promising! really, i cannot picture rome 2 without DEI! fantastic job everybody, full-mod devs and sub-mod devs, you turned this game from sucking to awesome!!

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Miraklum View Post
    Just check this out, because it will be a complete game changer and the author is asking for feedback.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=473403161
    Savegame Compatible?

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    Meraun | HIVE | Community Veteran

Can you upload it somewhere else ? I got a strange issue that doesn't allow me to get it working with steam versian. It looks promising and I really want to try it and give feedback

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

it seems he included Junaidi83īs Better CAI mod in his mod, looks extremely promising!!!
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Drakeb22's Avatar Civis

Heya all, Author of the mod here chiming in, the mod makes a lot of changes, but I'll try and list them out here. First off I will say that the base of this mod is built off the hard work of Junaidi83's better CAI mod, I've just been tinkering with it throughout the months to get a custom tailored experience of what I want outta the AI.

Big Changes
    -Changed AI recruitment weights to lower the amount of levy units the AI recruits.
    -Diplomacy is vibrant with offers, wars, haggling and demands of tribute.
    -Modified AI Army templates from Litharians Better Recruitment Mod
    -Military Logic from Junaidi83's mod used, without the siege weapon recruitment changes, with some tweaks to defend better.
    -Mitches Major Factions script is used with Rome, Carthage, Seleucids, and Egypt set as major. Can be modified within the lua_scripts.
    -Playable factions get a small income boost, AI gets a bigger one. Some scripted extra gold for select factions only when AI controlled.

Misc. Questions
    -No known Multiplayer Campaign issues
    -No changes to Units or the combat system, find your own flavor there and enjoy.
    -Savegame Compatible but new games are recommended for the full experience.

Just a warning, I will be making changes based off any weird behavior I see or little tweaks as a try and make it even better so if its being updated just assume its nothing game breaking and I modified some number from 8.5 to 8.6 or some nonsense like that .
    Last edited by Drakeb22; July 14, 2015 at 11:12 AM.

"-Mitches Major Factions script is used with Rome, Carthage, Seleucids, and Egypt set as major. Can be modified within the lua_scripts.
    -Playable factions get a small income boost, AI gets a bigger one. Some scripted extra gold for select factions only when AI controlled"

At first I was wary with the screenshots showing blobbing and sprawling barbarians, but these two changes are pretty much what I've been testing on my own time with very good results.

Will give this a try and see how the ai does.

Your first change, the ai recruitment rate, as well as the army templates aren't actually necessary though. Augustus's barracks change sub mod plus increased cash actually already has the ai recruiting more elite units than before.

Drakeb22's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    "-Mitches Major Factions script is used with Rome, Carthage, Seleucids, and Egypt set as major. Can be modified within the lua_scripts.
    -Playable factions get a small income boost, AI gets a bigger one. Some scripted extra gold for select factions only when AI controlled"

At first I was wary with the screenshots showing blobbing and sprawling barbarians, but these two changes are pretty much what I've been testing on my own time with very good results.

Will give this a try and see how the ai does.

Your first change, the ai recruitment rate, as well as the army templates aren't actually necessary though. Augustus's barracks change sub mod plus increased cash actually already has the ai recruiting more elite units than before.
    Yeah even without the change I still see armies of elite/high tier troops, Its just extra padding to encourage a better fight.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Can i get some tax reps for that Drake or you eat my bullet Ya-ha-ha-ha

Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Drakeb22's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Jigera View Post
    Can you upload it somewhere else ? I got a strange issue that doesn't allow me to get it working with steam versian. It looks promising and I really want to try it and give feedback
    Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ed...e/01DEIAI.pack

Drakeb22's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Can i get some tax reps for that Drake or you eat my bullet Ya-ha-ha-ha

Oh god it's like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAD0rqtdM_I

Don't worry +Reps I got you.

Just to be clear this is not an official DeI mod in any way. We are doing our own in-house work for 1.1 on many of these issues.

I am not encouraging/discouraging its use, just stating it for everyone

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Arigatou gozaimasu Sir Drake
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Will definitely check it out!

I've been using this today, I'm almost at Imperium level IV now. Several times already factions declared war on me, and I could immediately make peace with them the next turn. Most of the time I got them to pay me money as well for the peace treaty. Is it because of this mod? I can't remember this happening before, at least not as often. Or perhaps it's because I have a powerful satrapy (I never used those much in earlier games) which isn't initially taken into calculations?

Drakeb22's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Maegfaer View Post
    I've been using this today, I'm almost at Imperium level IV now. Several times already factions declared war on me, and I could immediately make peace with them the next turn. Most of the time I got them to pay me money as well for the peace treaty. Is it because of this mod? I can't remember this happening before, at least not as often. Or perhaps it's because I have a powerful satrapy (I never used those much in earlier games) which isn't initially taken into calculations?
    Yeah the AI is more likely to sue for peace based off the perceived power of their aggressors but when it comes to people with a grand alliance sometimes its not factored in until war is declared, Its still a work in progress between having a AI that will realistically peace outta a losing fight and a AI that will fight to the end stubbornly.

(Edit: Steam version updated with fix)
    Last edited by Drakeb22; July 14, 2015 at 06:24 PM.

Tried it, playing as Parthia. During the first end turn 5 different factions declared war on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeb22 View Post
    Yeah the AI is more likely to sue for peace based off the perceived power of their aggressors but when it comes to people with a grand alliance sometimes its not factored in until war is declared, Its still a work in progress between having a AI that will realistically peace outta a losing fight and a AI that will fight to the end stubbornly.

(Edit: Steam version updated with fix)
    This is the thing !!! I had this in vanilla , in DeI and many other mods. When AI declares war on you he just thinks of your power balance. When the actual war starts and when your satrapies enter battle it AI immidealty wants peace with huge cash giveaway. I hope this can change, didn't tried your mod yet but i hope this will be fixed

"Tried it, playing as Parthia. During the first end turn 5 different factions declared war on me."

that is not a good thing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast