Thread: Great mod! Small question

Default Great mod! Small question

Hi guys,

Thank you for this mod ! I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. It's everything I wanted a 3k strategy game to be.

Small question. Is there a way I can increase the survivability of characters post-battle? I started as Cao Cao (always). I was following the quest-line, and decided to go ham against both Liu Bei and Lu Bu (because Liu Bei was stealing all of Lu Bu's lands away from me).

The initial battles were fantastic. I had my best generals (Xiahou bros, Cao Cao, Cao Ren, Li Dian, Yu Jin, Yue Jin, Cao Xiu) fight in these massive open-field battle against Lu Bu, Zhang Liao, Guan Yu, Chen Dao.

But after the initial battles, a whole bunch of these characters are dead (including my own). Then for the rest of the conquest, it's mostly unnamed captains fighting with each other, which is not as interesting.

So, is there a way that I can edit the script so that characters who are defeated have a higher chance to be "captured" or "retreated"? I realize this may be a limitation to the M2TW engine and won't be possible.

Thanks!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Great mod! Small question

I am afraid it's not possible.

You will have to fight the battles yourself, with re-inforcement armies the best is to set them to 'ranged' (arrow symbol under portrait) to avoid them rushing your opponent - straight attack usually ends with cavalry in the pikes.