Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ACW 3.6 Campaign Crash Solution

Default Re: ACW 3.6 Campaign Crash Solution

In 3.5 there is a random crash when the minors are going through their turns.. Sometimes it happens on turn 14, sometimes turn 40 sometimes later. Try starting a new campaign or going back a few turns and doing something differently and it may avoid it. It is unpleasant I know.

Default Re: Crash at the end of the 47th turn (ACW)

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianStud View Post
    Only mod I have played that crashes. Minor Factions Revenge, Darthmod, Imperial Splendour all work perfectly. No point in releasing an unplayable mod in which crashes are every turn. You guys act like all hell broke loose. Expect this if you are gonna make a mod. Find the fixes, get donations. Dont piss all over the forums to your downloaders for getting spam. This is how every mod is.
    i created an account on tw center just to tell you, "italianstud" how arrogant, how self-satisfied and how unthankful i think your post is.
    I love the mod. so much new inputs to the game, so much improvement and a bunch of history. And also i feel so said about, that creative assembley misses to do such thinks.
    look at what you reached without getting paid.

keep on modding guys. without mods like acw etw and ntw wouldnt make fun to play since more than 5 years for me!

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

I suspect the campaign crash may be connected to the new buildings Minas Moth introduced in v3.5. He assigned some units to became available in certain buildings, and a bug was identified there, as the top level of some buildings actually disables recruitment. Maybe then the AI and Minors in particular, build some of those buildings, it messes up their recruitment and the game crashes... Possibly reverting back to vanilla buildings only and attributing recruitment to those, would fix this issue. Or maybe not.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

I apologize if this is old business and in the wrong spot but ACW is my everyday favorite progarm. I have managed to get to 96 turns but cant go any further. any ideas are apreciated. Thank You

Default Possible campaign crash solution

I had so many crashes in the campaign it became unplayable, but have started a new one on 3.6.2 and made sure to deselect "show opponent moves" under game settings before I started the camlaign. Thus seems to significantly limit the crashes, possibly even eliminate them. The game still crashes when I lay siege to Jackson, ms, but otherwise has run smooth.

By the way this mod is awesome. You guys have outdone yourselves this time!

^^^^^^^ I unchecked that as well at the beginning of my campaign and it worked for about 15 turns. So I lowered my graphics then that worked until turn 30 and at the end of every turn it would crash, but I noticed it would only happen right at the end of the AI CSA turn so I did what someone said earlier, allied with them, and then it worked! of course I declared war on them next turn but oh well. Just have to find out when these crashes occur and avoid that causation!

I can't get past turn 25. The campaign map actually changes to a more Napoleon looking map with that beautiful lighting then it crashes the next turn.
    Any ideas to prevent the crash?
    Also why does the look of the map change?

I have the same problem! I can't get past turn 25 with CSA (only in one time but I do not know how!!) Please, help! I love this MOD!!!

P.S: Great Britain always declares the war on USA. ???

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Fraid we don't know how to help or we'd have removed the bug a long time ago.
    It will take some more talented moders than ourselves to possibly take the mod apart completely, then re-assemble it again, hopefully without the bugs.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Everybody has the same problem??
    everybody has the same problem?

IVSTINIANVS I's Avatar Miles

I can't wait for the day until someone finally takes the mod and reassembles it to fix the bug. I just want to finish my campaign but have never gotten past 30 turns for whatever reason. Surely at some point in the future someone can do it

Quote Originally Posted by IVSTINIANVS I View Post
    I can't wait for the day until someone finally takes the mod and reassembles it to fix the bug. I just want to finish my campaign but have never gotten past 30 turns for whatever reason. Surely at some point in the future someone can do it
    Wake me when someone fixes it

Quote Originally Posted by IVSTINIANVS I View Post
    Wait...seriously...it's 2016 and this is STILL an issue? I was about to reinstall Empire to play this..but now...

ariete's Avatar Foederatus

who can fix the bug ? the authors seems the more appropriate to do this, because they know what they did, but if they haven't resolve it until now, i doubt in a next future. ... instead very sad the developers push on warhammer

Well, while the team has added more units, appearances, etc. it has been a long time since a scriptor has been able to update the startpos. So basically the startpos has been neglected so badly it has fallen behind all of the content that has been added, I believe the startpos file is from like 3.4. Sadly, I'v been trying to contact scriptors to give it one last update to fix the campaign crashes and call it complete but Rohan seems to not answer to call the arms. Even sadder is how much content has been added to this mod and for it to be neglected or looked over by other modders. It truly was an art. The modders who in the past brought glory to this mod have moved away. In speaking of which, Hinkel, one of the main developers of the mod, is currently making a game known as "War of Rights." You can check it out: https://warofrights.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nordherogaming View Post
    Well, while the team has added more units, appearances, etc. it has been a long time since a scriptor has been able to update the startpos. So basically the startpos has been neglected so badly it has fallen behind all of the content that has been added, I believe the startpos file is from like 3.4. Sadly, I'v been trying to contact scriptors to give it one last update to fix the campaign crashes and call it complete but Rohan seems to not answer to call the arms. Even sadder is how much content has been added to this mod and for it to be neglected or looked over by other modders. It truly was an art. The modders who in the past brought glory to this mod have moved away. In speaking of which, Hinkel, one of the main developers of the mod, is currently making a game known as "War of Rights." You can check it out: https://warofrights.com/
    i am going to be clearly honest i dont like the way you speak about this. papagoat and trig have done their job and even added forts i dont think you should blame them. in my opnion adding a stable starpos none hybrid isnt so hard but requires a bit more work. you almost complain about every mod though even my own. when i got the time i will work on a starpos for acw as submod. atleast keep in mind modders are doing this in their own time and for your enjoyment so atleast some respect for their work is appropriate.

madrush's Avatar Senator

well its 2018, the bug still exists..... starting to wonder if this mod is dead in its tracks

I keep getting crashes after my first battle in the union campaign. Are you planning on fixing the mod? Itīs quite a shame, since its a beautiful mod. Sadly its completely unplayable

captcruch's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by bubudede View Post
    I keep getting crashes after my first battle in the union campaign. Are you planning on fixing the mod? Itīs quite a shame, since its a beautiful mod. Sadly its completely unplayable

The work they did is completely colossal , if C.A could take inspiration from that instead of doing us a stupid China Total War 廢話

Same thing for me I crash at the first battle , what a disappointment so close to perfection all this work for nothing .

War of the Rights how sad it's an FPS ...... I don't know........Counter Strike with a musket ????

Imagine this quality on a engine like Total War

If the Yankees dare set foot in Virginia,we must show them bayonet .

dear mod developers!
    coud you make a basic youtube video about fixing mods?
    I woud love to fix this great mod, but i need an introduction about modding because i never did that.
    But i am optimistic that i coud possibly handle it because i am very smart my mother told me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast