Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 30 OCT 15] Preview: Faction and Unit Descriptions

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [Development] Preview Thread: Faction and Unit Descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Vikus van de Merwe View Post
    Hah, the faction I'm working on! Several units are in development for them but not ready for publishing yet. I don't create a specific preview thread for Harad right now, (I know, this is the thread for the descriptions, but hey!) but maybe it's time for a small sneak peek...

A Haradrim Sword

Credits: Vikus van de Merwe
    Harad Hasharii - Early WIP

Credits: Vikus van de Merwe
    Enjoy! Maybe this makes reading the description for Harad even more enjoyable.
    Wow that sword sure is scary.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Quote Originally Posted by cshewey View Post
    Be my guest to translate them. I wrote them (with a few edits here and there from Alkar) but i give you full permission to translate them, as long as you DONT change them at all. You can then just send them to me via private message and i will be sure to include them in any other language versions of the mod.

Et lux in tenebris lucet! Sic semper tyrannis!

Sorry that is all the latin i know...
    Those descriptions are great!
    May I humbly ask for permission to translate your magnificent text´s into German?

Ceterum censeo Mordorem(^^ Carthaginem) esse delendam!
    Per aspera ad astra.
    Last edited by Don Juan_de_Austria; November 11, 2015 at 02:07 AM.
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Oooh loving the Hashari hood so far!
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf View Post
    Oooh loving the Hashari hood so far!
    Can't wait to troll people online with stealthed Hasharii. Nah I won't be n00by.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Juan_de_Austria View Post
    Those descriptions are great!
    May I humbly ask for permission to translate your magnificent text´s into German?

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam!
    Per aspera ad astra.

Go for it!

Im doing co-op vs my friend on the campaign, Mordor Vs Gondor so that will be fun :p
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf View Post
    Im doing co-op vs my friend on the campaign, Mordor Vs Gondor so that will be fun :p
    We should get an organized tournament or something going, or just a casual eight-player match. (When this is released ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    We should get an organized tournament or something going, or just a casual eight-player match. (When this is released ofc).
    im up for it.

Not a bad idea tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Royt55 View Post
    Oh don't worry... I'm studying latin at school but I'm not actually much better than you
    I won't change your traduction, obviously except from some idiomatic english expressions that I must modify (literal translation never works in this cases)
    Yeah, i totally understand the translation thing, i am bilingual myself (English-Spanish) but i have not the slightest hint of any Latino in me, i am totally white, but lived in the Amazon jungles of Peru for a year as a missionary, where i learned Spanish, and also some Awajun, Imari and other native dialects. So i get that it can be hard to translate Idioms and what not, but the words and even more so the Spirit of the words is what is most important to get. But yes, anyone can feel free to translate my works into any other languages. After all, being multi-lingual is one of the largest signs of intelligence

Default Re: [UPD 30/10/15] Preview Thread: Faction and Unit Descriptions

Shire and Breeland Faction Description,
    One of my best yet IMO.

The Free Peoples of the Shire and Breeland

Ah the Shire, good tilled earth, a prosperous green country as far as the eye can see. A free land where you see your children playing in the fields, your wife smiling as evening supper is nearly on the table. When harvest comes, you eat of your own field, and taste joyfully of the strawberries and cream. Where there is time for birthday parties and fireworks, without the slightest concern for armies of goblins or dragons; where swords belong on the wall, not at your waste, and horses are burdened with plows, not warriors. Where adventures are for the big folk, they make you late, and you come home with mud in your shoes, messy things, adventures. No, in the Shire, when you awake in the cool morning, you see the blooming flowers outside of your window, sparkling as the rising sun reflects off the petals of purple and scarlet. After a good breakfast and perhaps, even a second, you walk down to the market where you hear the tales of far beyond, and you return with the finest catch of the day. You spend the afternoon gardening, or cutting wood, planting or writing, whatever suits your fancy. And when you are hot and tired, you run down in your bare feet across the smooth grass to the flowing streams, to wash the hot sun off of your face. And when that sun sets after a long joyful day you sit at the table surrounded by your family and warmed by the good hearth. At the fall of night, you wander out to the porch to have a good smoke, poring over the day with pipe-weed and friends. And the last thing you see as you drift off into a deep comfortable sleep is the final dance of the stars, whose melody rocks you to your slumber. And so we have lived, as long as i can remember. but no more.

If you travel outside of the Shire, you will quickly begin to hear rumors, dark tales of great perils far away. But also, you will hear of the growing shadow, the darkness that creeps ever closer to our homes. The Goblins are growing bolder they say, coming down from the mountains raiding merchant trains and villagers. Men of Rhudar and Dunland have grown increasingly hostile to our people, there are stories that even some outlying villages have been raided! Our peace and freedom is vanishing before our eyes! But it is not so close as to alert our people, they remain still asleep, not for ignorance, as we have all heard the tales, but for denial. The thought that their world could be turned from emerald meadows of sparkling flowers into a battlefield of fire and swords,may never cross their simple minds, no matter what the occasion. They are willingly blind, as an ostrich with it's head buried in the ground, it ignores the turns and spirals of the world, and waits for others to well, fix things.

Thankfully they are not all this way, many Sheriffs of both the Shire and Bree have been increasing their watch, training new recruits, but they are not soldiers or warriors. Indeed we have few of those, very few. But we hobbits have some strength, we can move silently if we wish, and remain unseen in many terrains. The men of Bree are lumbermen and hunters, and can handle well both the axe and the bow. But our greatest hope are our friends, the Dunedain, these rangers at least for now keep the darkness at bay. But we cannot rely on them, not forever.

While Arnor was destroyed they left us many cashes of arms and armor, though they remain unused to this day, they were perhaps left for just such a time. indeed the time has come, to beat our plowshares into swords, and our pruning hooks into spears. It is time for the men to become soldiers once again! To leave the fruitful field for the field of battle, and the work horse for the war horse. Yes let the lands of the free people muster, we too will fight, we to will resist the shadow. Though we may not have the strength of kings or elf lords. a hobbit has just the cause to fight for his home as does any elf or man! Perhaps it is time we pay the price of our long held freedom. Truly the night has come, and we will go forth to meet it. For this, this is the hour for the men to put the women and children to bed, and FIGHT OFF THE WOLVES!

Last edited by cshewey; November 11, 2015 at 10:24 AM.

Oh well, there comes work...

Just kidding, the text is really good reflecting the mentality of the hobbits!
    "You can learn everything that is important about them in one year, yet after so many years they can still surprise one!" (Isn´t 100% correct citation, but I ain´t an english speaker^^)

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

One of my best yet IMO.

Ah the Shire, good tilled earth, a prosperous green country as far as the eye can see. A free land where you see your children playing in the fields, your wife smiling as evening supper is nearly on the table. When spring comes, you harvest your own field, and eat joyfully of the strawberries and cream. Where there is time for birthday parties and firewroks, without the slightest concern for armies of goblins or dragons; where swords belong on the wall, not at your waste, and horses are burdened with plows, not warriors. Where adventures are for the big folk, they make you late, and you come home with mud in your shoes, messy things, adventures. No, in the Shire, when you awake in the cool morning, you see the blooming flowers outside of your window, sparkling as the rising sun reflects off the pedals of purple and scarlet. After a good breakfast and perhaps, even a second, you walk down to the market where you hear the tales of far beyond, and you return with the finest catch of the day. You spend the afternoon gardening, or cutting wood, planting or writing, whatever suits your fancy. And when you are hot and tired, you run down in your bare feet across the smooth grass to the flowing streams, to wash the hot sun off of your face. And when that sun sets after a long joyful day you sit at the table surrounded by your family and warmed by the good hearth. At the fall of night, you wander out to the porch to have a good smoke, poring over the day with pipe-weed and friends. And the last thing you see as you drift off into a deep comfortable sleep is the final dance of the stars, whose melody rocks you to your slumber. And so we have lived, as long as i can remember. but no more.

If you travel outside of the Shire, you will quickly begin to hear rumors, dark tales of great perils far away. But also, you will hear of the growing shadow, the darkness that creeps ever closer to our homes. The Goblins are growing bolder they say, coming down from the mountains raiding merchant trains and villagers. Men of Rhudar and Dunland have grown increasingly hostile to our people, there are stories that even some outlying villages have been raided! Our peace and freedom is vanishing before our eyes! But it is not so close as to alert our people, they remain still asleep, not for ignorance, as we have all heard the tales, but for denial. The thought that their world could be turned from emerald meadows of sparkling flowers into a battlefield of fire and swords,may never cross their simple minds, no matter what the occasion. They are willingly blind, as an ostrich with it's head buried in the ground, it ignores the turns and spirals of the world, and waits for others to well, fix things.

Thankfully they are not all this way, many Sheriffs of both the Shire and Bree have been increasing their watch, training new recruits, but they are not soldiers or warriors. Indeed we have few of those, very few. But we hobbits have some strength, we can move silently if we wish, and remain unseen in many terrains. The men of Bree are lumbermen and hunters, and can handle well both the axe and the bow. But our greatest hope are our friends, the Dunedain, these rangers at least for now keep the darkness at bay. But we cannot rely on them, not forever.

While Arnor was destroyed they left us many cashes of arms and armor, though they remain unused to this day, they were perhaps left for just such a time. indeed the time has come, to beat our plowshares into swords, and our pruning hooks into spears. It is time for the men to become soldiers once again! To leave the fruitful field for the field of battle, and the work horse for the war horse. Yes let the lands of the free people muster, we too will fight, we to will resist the shadow. Though we may not have the strength of kings or elf lords. a hobbit has just the cause to fight for his home as does any elf or man! Perhaps it is time we pay the price of our long held freedom. Truly the night has come, and we will go forth to meet it. For this, this is the hour for the men to put the women and children to bed, and FIGHT OFF THE WOLVES!

We don't have to worry about overlooking the little things in this mod do we? (Pardon the joke).

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

One of my best yet IMO.

Ah the Shire, good tilled earth, a prosperous green country as far as the eye can see. A free land where you see your children playing in the fields, your wife smiling as evening supper is nearly on the table. When spring comes, you harvest your own field, and eat joyfully of the strawberries and cream. Where there is time for birthday parties and firewroks, without the slightest concern for armies of goblins or dragons; where swords belong on the wall, not at your waste, and horses are burdened with plows, not warriors. Where adventures are for the big folk, they make you late, and you come home with mud in your shoes, messy things, adventures. No, in the Shire, when you awake in the cool morning, you see the blooming flowers outside of your window, sparkling as the rising sun reflects off the pedals of purple and scarlet. After a good breakfast and perhaps, even a second, you walk down to the market where you hear the tales of far beyond, and you return with the finest catch of the day. You spend the afternoon gardening, or cutting wood, planting or writing, whatever suits your fancy. And when you are hot and tired, you run down in your bare feet across the smooth grass to the flowing streams, to wash the hot sun off of your face. And when that sun sets after a long joyful day you sit at the table surrounded by your family and warmed by the good hearth. At the fall of night, you wander out to the porch to have a good smoke, poring over the day with pipe-weed and friends. And the last thing you see as you drift off into a deep comfortable sleep is the final dance of the stars, whose melody rocks you to your slumber. And so we have lived, as long as i can remember. but no more.

great nothing more to say
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

Oh well, there comes work...

Just kidding, the text is really good reflecting the mentality of the hobbits!
    "You can learn everything that is important about them in one year, yet after so many years they can still surprise one!" (Isn´t 100% correct citation, but I ain´t an english speaker^^)
    "'My dear Frodo!' exclaimed Gandalf. 'Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.'"

I think that is what was written by Tolkien through Gandalf...
    Last edited by Berem; November 16, 2015 at 07:54 PM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You see, my friend, or should I say foe: the truth has died so long ago, that I shall not find her headstone!

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Berem View Post
    "'My dear Frodo!' exclaimed Gandalf. 'Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You an learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.'"

Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Berem View Post
    "'My dear Frodo!' exclaimed Gandalf. 'Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You an learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.'"

Thanks for giving the correct citate.

"Elven Home"
    Additional Faction Content for:
    The Realm of the Galadhrim
    By, Cshewey

In Elven Home beneath the stars
    The Mallorn leaves are seldom fell

Their light yet shines within our hearts
    In Elven Home, in Nimrodel

Lord and Lady, and Silver Mirror
    In Caras Galadhon reign

Their hearts of courage dissuade all fear
    And hands of healing all our pain

Nenya ring preserves this land
    Keeps it yet from doom

Adamant borne upon her hand
    The Flowers it calls to bloom

But from Moria deep, Durin's home,
    Dwarrowdelf and Khazad-Dum

Still sally out with goblin throng
    Drums of the deep to battle tune

For there oft our bowmen fly
    The Elven sentries, kinsmen dear

To Amroth's Fields that orcs may die
    And valor great our lands to clear

Bows our heralds sing battle songs
    Arrows our envoys fly

Through bough and branch swift and strong
    Our hymn, our chorus in sapphire sky

But now our tale too long we've sung
    Since the firstborn walked alone,

For Grey-sailed ships now bid us come
    From Lorien, from Elven Home.

Last edited by cshewey; November 17, 2015 at 01:49 AM.

Nice poem.
    As I can´t find it in my dictionary (so others maybe would struggle too): What does "Adament" mean?

Permission for translation or same as with unit descr.?

Nice poem.
    As I can´t find it in my dictionary (so others maybe would struggle too): What does "Adament" mean?

Permission for translation or same as with unit descr.?

Just google "definition of adamant" and you will get it. It is a type of legendary stone.

For future referencE

No one ever needs to ask to translate my work, feel more than free to. You can even change it if you want, i don't believe in intellectual property, MY MIND IS FREE. (only speaking for myself here) If you want your translation to potentially be in the game, then id ask you don't change it (but how would i know right?), then just send it to me and i will keep it for when it is needed.

But yeah, you dont need to even ask me to translate my work, just PM me and say "translation of .... in german, or french, or italian" or whatever. Just like the best things in life, my ideas, and works are free for you use! All i ask is that you ENJOY IT that's why i made it.

Also, fudge packers! the reason you couldn't find it in your dictionary is because i misspelled it! Changing it now.

Ok, its properly spelled "adamant"
    Last edited by cshewey; November 17, 2015 at 01:49 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast