Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Mod : What should i do?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Stolen Mod : What should i do?

Well I tried to report him too and add some nasty comments about theft but naturally they are now also deleted and I cannot add new comments. HOpefully as I understand he is unable to patch things for patch 17, the mod wonīt work anymore...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Lol the 'patch' for the mod is so incredibly simple it would take less then 2 seconds to finish. But meh bugger him.

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

Upload your version to Steam if you can and then link both this thread and the stolen mod on your page. That way it informs people that it's stolen

I am not uploading the mod to steam to link it. The mod is freely available on TWC.

You do realise that if i uploaded the current version and link the mod to him, he will just steal that one too yes?

What a despicable fellow really. Well, well, troll hunting season started early this year.

I've filed a report as well, and I'm now going to poke him with a stick in the comments of "his" mod

i agree
    Last edited by excubitor; July 21, 2015 at 10:32 AM.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Well I tried to report him too and add some nasty comments about theft but naturally they are now also deleted and I cannot add new comments. HOpefully as I understand he is unable to patch things for patch 17, the mod wonīt work anymore...
    It is common, that they won't even admit that "ok, I took your mod to my using" and keep deleting all time what we real owners say. No should be worry. Me and my mod fellows are also faced mod thieves, but we have CA with us with proof so those stolen mods won't exist so long. Just report him with all proofs (pictures about your files and compare to his mod files) and it should be quickly done.

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    It is common, that they won't even admit that "ok, I took your mod to my using" and keep deleting all time what we real owners say. No should be worry. Me and my mod fellows are also faced mod thieves, but we have CA with us with proof so those stolen mods won't exist so long. Just report him with all proofs (pictures about your files and compare to his mod files) and it should be quickly done.
    I have all the proof and screenshots of mod production etc, but unless steam replies i am at the mercy of waiting for them to respond to my ticket. I cannot even make another complaint ticket until they reply.

Hes now prevented me from saying any comments on the mod

Can someone troll hist posts for me:? seems im unable to do it lol.

Submitted another steam ticket via support, doubtful they will do anything.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

I clearly remember you created this mod before this poor thief grabbed it for the no-man's-land called workshop. I support you.
    I've no respect for poor little people acting in this way in real life, same happens in virtual one.
    They're at the opposite of selfish ones.
    Both bad and boring categories.

anyway, great mod you created, man

I reported him too and commented as well.

When this issue resolves u should upload this mod to Steam yourself so that there will be a smaller chance for this to happen again, also more ppl will be able to enjoy it, cuz Steam workshop has far more visitors than TWC
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I think you should upload this mod right away, and in the description detail how he stole your mod, how he even didn't steal properly, and that this is the real one which you have posted. That way he won't be able to take full credit.

That retard will respond in some way, and then you'll be able to bring Steam to the issue.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Oh i already created a blank mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...archtext=music for the express purpose of exposing him, surpsingly got a few comments so far.

I took the mod down from steam originally, because someone reported (this isnt a joke) me for having a still from the film Alexander in the mod image (of which i laughed, considering what the mod is). Steam told me i had a copyrighted image and i had to remove it. Then they subsequently wanted me to remove all the other mods for copyrighted image (all parts).

It takes me a VERY long time to upload from NZ (100KB upload max speed) to steam, usually average out at about 60kb or so, and thats not including all the steam bugger ups that its workshop does. So in the end i never re-uploaded it and just kept it on TWC.

If i upload it again it will be in an update. Which may happen at some point.

That is great. Hopefully you'll upload the full mod back on the workshop, slowly but surely, and the stolen mod will eventually be revealed.

Catch the retarded thief and nail him to the cross (figuratively)!

Naked Emperor's Avatar Centenarius

I reported it to Steam, there is a flag under the mod for all of you who wish to report, donīt forget to leave a link to the original mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...With-links!%29
    No battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy
    - Field Marshall Helmuth Carl Bernard von Moltke -

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Its a terrible dilemma old chap,I have no respect for people who use others work without permission (those who knowingly do it) I hope you can get this sorted out, and I support your claim!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

As long as you dont bring the toriies with you, i welcome your support lol

So, has his upload been removed from the Workshop? Steam is notoriously bad at policing unauthorized mod uploads and stolen content. They received significant flack over this regarding some Skyrim mods (this is long before the paid mod fiasco--and they utterly bungled that).

Quote Originally Posted by yupper View Post
    So, has his upload been removed from the Workshop? Steam is notoriously bad at policing unauthorized mod uploads and stolen content. They received significant flack over this regarding some Skyrim mods (this is long before the paid mod fiasco--and they utterly bungled that).
    Not yet, it seems.

Steam is indeed filled to the brim with retarded, lazy-arse moderators who take months for even small actions and reports, let alone large ones.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Oh i already created a blank mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...archtext=music for the express purpose of exposing him, surpsingly got a few comments so far.

I took the mod down from steam originally, because someone reported (this isnt a joke) me for having a still from the film Alexander in the mod image (of which i laughed, considering what the mod is). Steam told me i had a copyrighted image and i had to remove it. Then they subsequently wanted me to remove all the other mods for copyrighted image (all parts).

It takes me a VERY long time to upload from NZ (100KB upload max speed) to steam, usually average out at about 60kb or so, and thats not including all the steam bugger ups that its workshop does. So in the end i never re-uploaded it and just kept it on TWC.

If i upload it again it will be in an update. Which may happen at some point.
    You have my support in spirit, m8. Kinda makes you wonder what it would`ve been like if the pay-for-mods thing had happened. We could`ve seen this happen a thousand times over by now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast