Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Mod : What should i do?

Default Stolen Mod : What should i do?

So it turns out someone from germany has taken an older version of my music mod (see here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(With-links!)

and uploaded it to steam without even bothering to ask ( i would of even let him ) with limited info, without previews etc.

I have tried to reason with him to no avail, but im worried he will eventually claim the work for himself.

I have reported it to steam that he has stolen the mod but i am not sure what can be done as steam hasnt responded in several days. Opinions on what i should do?

Heres the link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...10&searchtext=

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Stolen Mod : What should i do?

Really pathetic to steal other people's work, I have no respect for people doing it.

If you have filed a report to Steam already, I don't think should you do more than just wait for an response. I think I have read some other modders experiencing the same, but Steam has taken the mods down. I don't know if the original mods were uploaded to Steam Workshop which surely would have made it more clear for Steam to take action.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Sorry but neither did you to begin with.
    That music is own by some other bloks.

Best to do is to file a report.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

I have yet to recive even an acknowledgement from steam.

I have tried to reason with this guy but he refuses to speak with me and deletes all comments on the page.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    I have yet to recive even an acknowledgement from steam.

I have tried to reason with this guy but he refuses to speak with me and deletes all comments on the page.
    Wow, that would really boil my blood. I`d be down at his front door the next day if he did that with me!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

You can keep on reporting. For the music mod, unless you own the copyrights to the music it may difficult. If it got taken down then it may be related to the copyright issue, not because he took your mod.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

He is now mentioning it's not from him. Doesn't give your name though. Do you have a steam workshop name ?
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Mod thieves are the worst people to ever exist on the internet world. It is even worse if they try to delete the comments. If this happened to me I'd have used my real-life power and influence to destroy their lives in rage.

But until Steam responds, just keep reporting. Hopefully they will. And also hope that copyright issues aren't in the way.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

At this point I do not care if this is taken down due to copy right issues or because he stole the mod. At first i was happy for him to post it if only he bothered to ask.

But now, with the increase in time its insulting. Now while there is a Grey area there reguarding some of the content, irregardless the mod still took 20 - 25 + hours to finish from scratch and i am one of the 10 or so people who actually managed to release an audio mod for rome 2 (And one of the few without bugs lol)

I have modded for TW series on a personal level since shogun 1. I never released mods to the public as A) i did not feel i was good enough and B) they had other mods to use.

When Rome 2 came along i saw how it was nigh impossible for regular people to use the developer tools that is Wwise to create audio mods, so rather then horde the finished mod to myself i released it for others to enjoy. Later on i was informed this probably wasnt a good idea due to some of the content but i kept it up thinking, well whos going to complain when they can enjoy the mod. In the end someone did complain, ironically that the avatar i used for the mod image (being a screen from Alexander) was indeed from a film, so steam asked me to remove the image as it had been reported as copyrighted.

Because that person decided to try and ruin it for eveyrone else, i then decided to remove my music mods from steam workshop, as i had problems with the workshop since day one (limitations on mod size, amount of uploads per user etc).

7 months later, this guy turns up, with an outdated version of one of my mods, claiming its his and not willing to speak to me.

I have no problem if someone else wishes to upload my mod to steam, but simply asking my permission would be a little ing nice, espeially as due to the way audio mods work, you can't re-edit my mod nor update it, he literally is using the one i created.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

I've been using Tyso3's awesome music mod for 400+ hours of Rome 2 gameplay! Thanks a lot Tyso3 for your awesome work!!

You even inspired me to learn WWISE, collect samples and make my own attempt at a music-mod - alas it won't be anywhere near as well made as yours.

I hoped you enjoyed it Mackles guide is a great way to learn how to use Wwise, but if you have any questions ill be happy to help (if i can remember!). Ive helped about 5 other music mods get on their feet.

Sorry Tyso for your trouble I actually subscribed to that mod mate what I do now to show you my support I un subcribe the mod and report it now to steam.

Is there money to be made by uploading mods to the steam workshop or why is modstealing such a big issue ever since the workshop got implemented? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around why people would go this far.

It's disgusting, and I feel sorry for your situation Tyso3.

Well there was some controversy with steam having paid mods up recently (I do NOT support paid mods), luckily not for total war.

More then likely this person just wanted to have the beta version of my mod on steam, as it was taken down when the newer and well formed mod was released. As ive stated since day one, this would not have even been an issue if he has just bothered to acknowledge who made it and that it was a beta. But rather then simply doing that as per my request he just deleted my comments and blocked me on steam,

As I posted in the workshop right now in your support Tyso3, he really needs to learn what mod permissions mean. That idiot is comparing mods to 'books and authors' and is refusing to remove his mod just because "hurr durr even authors use others' works in their books so I will use too herp derp".

WTF is wrong with Steam? Why is no moderator paying attention? Are they all on vacation or something?

He must of deleted your comment, i dont see one maximus, but thanks for the support either way.

For those not following the workshop 'discussion'. Here is his last comment.

Whitelve [author] 8 minutes ago
    @Tyso3 don't know people do not read what i writting or they just didn't learned reading. i can't steal what is no ones own creation . Modding in general is illegal if you don't got all the copy rights 98% of all mods are rightly seen illegal .you can try to report this but than i will sent a report too and than you can delete the wholesteam workshop and more .Maybe i can fix the file in the next patch , maybe not atm its working fine .-- What is more easy simply creating a file or creating a whole song / write a whole book . making a Movie which takes years -- it s simply the last one

PS, i would please welcome anyone to report this mod for using without authors permission, Apparently my own report hasnt done bugger all for the steam admins.

Yeah, he deleted my comment again. Not only that but he deleted one of yours too.

I have reported this stolen mod and the user himself. Steam moderators are dumb retards, very slow as hell to respond and in this case, they seem to be blind and deaf as well.

I invite others to kindly report this fraud guy and his stolen mod on Steam as well.

We must keep the modding community clean and safe, and retarded thieves like him are a threat to the entire world of modding and community creation.

Now he has deleted the entire conversation between Tyso3 and himself. What an absolute retard.

Well, mate, I have reported him and his post in the workshop. He has blocked all my replies (while deleting yours and others') so I cannot help you any further other than to keep reporting him repeatedly, which I will. He has even removed you from credits, so keep up hope that Steam will do something about him.

Hopefully those painfully slow, dumb retard moderators at Steam will act some day.

Until then, keep waiting. I suggest you yourselves upload the real mod on the workshop and in the description proclaim how he stole your mod, and that this is the real mod, and post the proof links. That way, most people will at least know that he is a retard.
    Last edited by General Maximus; July 19, 2015 at 06:39 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast